1. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Timothy, obviously, was talking about the Jewish scripture at that time.
    Since I was raised and taught in the protestant churches, I accept the
    protestant scholarship on this matter because I have no reason not to.
    Timothy was addressing the Christians at that time.
    So:
    1. Timothy was not referring to any of the books in the New Testament.
    2. Any book accepted as 'scripture' a by Jews as the time Timothy was writing, was inspired by God.
    Yet you don't believe Timothy, instead you believe what you are told by scholars.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:24
    The Roman Catholic Church started the tradition to celebrate Christ's
    birthday with the winter solstice, which at that time was December 25.
    By some strange coincidence this was an important pagan feast that
    celebrated the birth of their sun god.

The evidence from the gospels, with or without Jewish sources, is
    absolute in determining that Wednesday w ...[text shortened]... arently do. The Roman Catholic Church has become an
    apostate church as 2 Timothy 3 predicted.
    25th December : Sol Invictus

take a look
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

those images look familiar???
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So:
    1. Timothy was not referring to any of the books in the New Testament.
    2. Any book accepted as 'scripture' a by Jews as the time Timothy was writing, was inspired by God.
    Yet you don't believe Timothy, instead you believe what you are told by scholars.
    Yes, I do believe Timothy. I have quoted his letters many times.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 05:55
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    25th December : Sol Invictus

take a look
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

those images look familiar???
    Maybe you should have referred this to Conrau K. The RCC has been
    making up excuses for this for along time as well as their mistake for
    declaring Friday as the day Jesus was crucified.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 11:10

absolute in determining that Wednesday w ...[text shortened]... arently do. The Roman Catholic Church has become an

Again, I repeat, the Catholic Church does not teach that Jesus was born on the 25th of December.

absolute in determining that Wednesday was the day of the crucifixion.
    The evidence in support of a Friday crucifixion is what is flimsy. I
    get my source from the Holy Bible not from the Roman Catholic Church
    as you apparently do. The Roman Catholic Church has become an

Again, the date of Jesus' crucifixion is not a matter of dogmatic significance. I however am satisfied that Scripture is clear that Jesus was crucified on a Friday. I am prepared to respond to any arguments you have to the contrary.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 11:15
    Yes, I do believe Timothy. I have quoted his letters many times.
    Yet you do not accept as inspired by God, what Timothy said was inspired by God, instead you believe scholars.
  7. England
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 16:45
    My belief came about by considering many things, including church doctrine.
    I am not a speed reader like one of my sons, so I am somewhat lazy about
    reading and studying everything. I sometimes rely on the opinion of the
    scholars, who have taken the time to study such matters. I have studied
    enough to know Jesus was crucified on wednesday and not frida ...[text shortened]... re
    salvation through my belief and faith in Jesus the Christ, I have not spent
    much effort on.
    i understand your reading speed mine is slow, tho my ex and daughter read thro pages faster than me. and understand your thinking about scholars teachings, but recently my church recived some teaching from nigeria we were all horrified to read they were teaching that you could hear the screams of souls that went to hell below the earth as they burn. so best i can offer is if you get the time read.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 23:31
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]The Roman Catholic Church started the tradition to celebrate Christ's

Again, I repeat, the Catholic Church does not teach that Jesus was born on the 25th of December.
    ...[text shortened]... was crucified on a Friday. I am prepared to respond to any arguments you have to the contrary.[/b]
    I think you are being dishonest now.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 23:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Yet you do not accept as inspired by God, what Timothy said was inspired by God, instead you believe scholars.
    What did Timothy say was inspired by God that I do not accept?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 23:39
    Originally posted by stoker
    i understand your reading speed mine is slow, tho my ex and daughter read thro pages faster than me. and understand your thinking about scholars teachings, but recently my church recived some teaching from nigeria we were all horrified to read they were teaching that you could hear the screams of souls that went to hell below the earth as they burn. so best i can offer is if you get the time read.
    False teachings are all over the place, but as long as they accept the main
    teachings to accept Jesus the Christ as their Lord and Savior I can excuse
    it just like I do for Christmas and Easter.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '11 23:52
    I think you are being dishonest now.
    No; I am not. Just because Catholics celebrate Christ's birth on the 25th of December does not mean that they actually believe that Christ was born on this date. The Catholic Church in fact has feast days every day of the year, commemorating a different saint, an important biblical event or a doctrine. For example, there is the feast of Saint Augustine, the feast of the Transfiguration and the feast of the Assumption of Mary. None of these dates correspond either to when St Augustine was born, when Christ was transfigured or when Mary was assumd into heaven (though you obviously would reject the latter doctrine). It is true that some Church Fathers believed Christ was born on the 25th (though, if you check the wikipedia entry for Christmas, you will see that their reasoning is grounded in Scripture.) Nonetheless, the Catholic Church does not require Catholics to believe that Christ was born on this date. Scrutinise the Catholic Catechism and you will find nothing suggesting that.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 00:39
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    No; I am not. Just because Catholics celebrate Christ's birth on the 25th of December does not mean that they actually believe that Christ was born on this date. The Catholic Church in fact has feast days every day of the year, commemorating a different saint, an important biblical event or a doctrine. For example, there is the feast of Saint Augustine, the ...[text shortened]... born on this date. Scrutinise the Catholic Catechism and you will find nothing suggesting that.
    Good enough. I just like to know the turth when it is possible and the
    RCC church are not forthcoming to chance any of their false teaching.
    Otherwise they would change the way they celebrate Christmas and
    Easter and get rid of Good Friday, etc. They would probably have killed
    the priest Martin Luther for disagreeing with them if he had not gotten
    word to flee.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 01:19
    Good enough. I just like to know the turth when it is possible and the
    RCC church are not forthcoming to chance any of their false teaching.
    Otherwise they would change the way they celebrate Christmas and
    Easter and get rid of Good Friday, etc. They would probably have killed
    the priest Martin Luther for disagreeing with them if he had not gotten
    word to flee.
    Well, the Catholic Church could possibly change the date of Christmas. In the past, the Catholic Church has changed the date of a significant feast. In the late 60s, for example, the date of the Feast of Christ the King was changed. The Catholic Church has even abolished particular feast days, such as the feasts of certain saints and created new ones. There is however no need to change the date of Christmas. It is shared by most other Christians and constitutes an important day of Christian unity. On the matter of the date of Christ's crucifixion and Easter, however, I think the Catholic Church is right on its dates. I have read the literature of those arguing for a Wednesday; I was not convinced.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 02:03
    Originally posted by sumydid
    .... the books in some parts, clash with the teachings of the rest of the bible - i.e. charity and deeds forgive sins and give everlasting life.......
    Just to let you know that the inspired part of the Bible says the following:

1. 1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

2. James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

3. Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

4. 1 Cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
    1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
    1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

5. Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
    Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    Rom 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another😉
    Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

NOTE = References 1 & 2 says Charity can hide your sins.
    Ref 3 - Christ said that teachers who practice what they preach will be the greatest in the kingdom - hence the importance of WOrKS.
    Ref 4 - Faith without charity is nothing.
    Ref 5 - Gentiles who have no law but who have the works of the law written in their hearts will still be judged by Christ by the law under which they live.

Dont understimate the importance of charity. Christ will judge on the basis of now charitable we are.
  15. England
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 21:13
    False teachings are all over the place, but as long as they accept the main
    teachings to accept Jesus the Christ as their Lord and Savior I can excuse
    it just like I do for Christmas and Easter.
    you doubt easter?? and xmas ?? was christ born and died?? or is it the dates you feel unsure about??? if so do you celebrate some other dates, as both are important to christians one as a promise of salvation given by god the other a fufillment of the promise to show we can be saved

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree