1. England
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 20:59
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually the main reason was financial.
    The priests had no family to inherit so everything they had went back to the church.
    no it was not it may have played a factor but they passed thro the male heir anyway,
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 21:05
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Actually the main reason was financial.
    The priests had no family to inherit so everything they had went back to the church.
    Can you prove that? I am as yet unaware of any canonical legislation that required all the property of a priest to return to the church. I am aware of historical cases of priests amassing quite a fortune and stipulating through their wills whom it should go to.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 04:161 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sex is for the younger people .
    The sexual energy,(jissom), risies up through the chakras to create an enlightened person. So sexual energy has 2 or 3 major functions (the other 1 or 2 being Physical pleasure and procreation).
    On the contrary, for me sex has become better and better, and - as a spiritual bond between me and my spouse - an increasingly close, deep and fulfilling one, as time has passed. It makes me laugh to be lectured to by obtuse theorizers about "jissom" and "major functions" and hogs, dogs etc. Life is wonderful in so many ways. I wouldn't want to walk a yard in the kind of emotionally stunted, over-thought, almost cultist-like "spiritual" boots that some people here seem to want to wear. "Sex is for the younger people"? How funny. Info about your own sex life, we assume, turned into an assertion, and superimposed on us all, under the guise of "spirituality".
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 06:56
    Originally posted by stoker
    the vote was brought in a lot later, after they were all dead. historicaly there is no problem just a change in church law, not gods law which is sacrosanct.
    Well I know the practice is very old. When was this Church law brought into effect?
    Were priests typically wealthy at the time (possibly supporting googlefudge) and did they typically live in difficult conditions in far away countries (possibly supporting your theory)?
  5. England
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 09:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well I know the practice is very old. When was this Church law brought into effect?
    Were priests typically wealthy at the time (possibly supporting googlefudge) and did they typically live in difficult conditions in far away countries (possibly supporting your theory)?
    i seem to remember around to 7th century, but im sure a member may correct me.
    but as for difficult conditions, england in its early years was a difficult condition, they came here and had to hide from viking invaders, after the roman invation which brought them over. some went to africa and died thro murder and sickness,[ tho which was the greater is debateable].
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:42
    but as for difficult conditions, england in its early years was a difficult condition, they came here and had to hide from viking invaders, after the roman invation which brought them over. some went to africa and died thro murder and sickness,[ tho which was the greater is debateable].
    Christianity got to England in the 7th century! Wow, its a whole lot earlier than I thought! I guess we learn every day.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    On the contrary, for me sex has become better and better, and - as a spiritual bond between me and my spouse - an increasingly close, deep and fulfilling one, as time has passed. It makes me laugh to be lectured to by obtuse theorizers about "jissom" and "major functions" and hogs, dogs etc. Life is wonderful in so many ways. I wouldn't want to walk a yard in th ...[text shortened]... ned into an assertion, and superimposed on us all, under the guise of "spirituality".
    Persons who have no clue to the meaning of this human life and have mentalities like hogs, dogs, camels, asses and crows.........will constantly worship sex.

However those persons who know the purpose of this life and have raised their consciousness to the transcendental platform and who are constantly experiencing spiritual mellows.....will spit at the thought of sex which is available to *even hogs, dogs, camels, asses and crows.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 10:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Christianity got to England in the 7th century! Wow, its a whole lot earlier than I thought! I guess we learn every day.
    I think it's earlier than that, the town i'm from had a monastery founded in the 6th century. I'm sure that's not the first in England.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 11:091 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Persons who have no clue to the meaning of this human life and have mentalities like hogs, dogs, camels, asses and crows.........will constantly worship sex.

However those persons who know the purpose of this life and have raised their consciousness to the transcendental platform and who are constantly experiencing spiritual mellows.....will spit at the thought of sex which is available to *even hogs, dogs, camels, asses and crows.
    The version of this world - and the people in it - that is in your imagination, and that you comment upon, and base your assertions on, is a desperately bleak landscape full of ludicrous cardboard cutout characters. Whatever has brought you to this intellectual, emotional and spiritual nadir in life is clearly nothing short of a psychological and interpersonal tragedy. I no longer fully believe that everything is entirely healthy and balanced in your real life, as you have often claimed when half-apologizing for your ghastly online persona. You serve as a warning to others, Dasa.

And while I respect your right to make your lifestyle choices, including "spitting at the thought of sex", and your right to believe whatever you want to believe about yourself, I have to say I pity you at the same time. For you to be hardly able to post on this forum without trying to deliver grotesque insults to people, who happen to differ from you, at the same time, amounts to a form of pathetic spiritual ugliness and a total absence of generosity of spirit that is seemingly invisible only to you.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    The version of this world - and the people in it - that is in your imagination, and that you comment upon, and base your assertions on, is a desperately bleak landscape full of ludicrous cardboard cutout characters. Whatever has brought you to this intellectual, emotional and spiritual nadir in life is clearly nothing short of a psychological and interpersonal t ...[text shortened]... ugliness and a total absence of generosity of spirit that is seemingly invisible only to you.
    At least Dasa is not threatening to kill everyone that disagrees with him or
    disrespects his religious beliefs like some Muslims do.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    At least Dasa is not threatening to kill everyone that disagrees with him or
    disrespects his religious beliefs like some Muslims do.
    Nobody here at RHP is threatening to kill everyone that disagrees with them.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 21:50
    Just a quick run-down, celibacy was an ancient practice demanded of all monastics from the second century. Clerical celibacy was a contentious issue. Bishops were definitely required to be celibate by the 7th century, priests by the 11th. It is unclear though whether these legislations for clerical celibacy were confirming what was already a required practice however. It seems that even if a priest was married, continence was still required.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 01:43
    it was not a stupid rule at the time it was introduced. as preists were sent to some inhospitable places the thinking was not to send familys so you could not send married priests that may have or going to have children, they were sent with one thought preach the gospel, it may be outdated but i understand the thinking behind it.
    but today with the abuse cas ...[text shortened]... happens within family life by men and women
    i have no problem with them marrying as a anglican
    its an unscriptutal practice though, forbidding to marry. Peter himself was married, God
    himself states of Adam, is was not good for him to continue alone. Paul himself states
    that marraige is to be honourable, among all. All that he states is that if a person can
    remain single then he will do better, but if he cannot, for reasons of self control, it is no
    sin if he marries. The problem is, that the Catholic church have gone beyond what
    was written and attempted to establish a rule that never existed, the result of which, it
    has got them into all sorts of trouble. Had they stuck to the principle rather than
    attempt to establish a law this would not have happened. Of course Conrau makes the
    appeal through tradition rather than scripture, never the less, unless they resolve the
    issue scripturally how can they hope to have Gods blessing?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Nobody here at RHP is threatening to kill everyone that disagrees with them.
    I hope not.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I hope not.
    Reference to what terrorists are doing somewhere in the world has no bearing whatsoever on the acceptability of Dasa's insulting anti-social behaviour in this community.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree