1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Reference to what terrorists are doing somewhere in the world has no bearing whatsoever on the acceptability of Dasa's insulting anti-social behaviour in this community.
    I for one accept Dasa's insulting anti-social behaviour over the behavior
    of Muslim suicide bombers.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The problem is, that the Catholic church have gone beyond what
    was written and attempted to establish a rule that never existed,
    They are just less hung up on what 'that which was written' constitutes.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 08:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I for one accept Dasa's insulting anti-social behaviour over the behavior
    of Muslim suicide bombers.
    But they have nothing whatsoever to do with each other in terms of this online community.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 09:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They are just less hung up on what 'that which was written' constitutes.
    That is right. The leadership of the Roman Catholic Church say they act
    for Jesus Christ here on earth and have the authority to supliment or even
    change what is written in the Holy Bible. I say they are wrong. One day
    we shall all know the truth.
  5. England
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 19:061 edit
    its an unscriptutal practice though, forbidding to marry. Peter himself was married, God
    himself states of Adam, is was not good for him to continue alone. Paul himself states
    that marraige is to be honourable, among all. All that he states is that if a person can
    remain single then he will do better, but if he cannot, for reasons of self co ...[text shortened]... the less, unless they resolve the
    issue scripturally how can they hope to have Gods blessing?
    you righly state its not gods law, but church law which can be changed. even roman catholism knows full well,
    but you are wrong instateing unless they resolve the issue how can they hope to have gods blessing. gods blessing is given for the life you lead not a religious dogma, no matter whos faith it is
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 21:26
    Originally posted by stoker
    you righly state its not gods law, but church law which can be changed. even roman catholism knows full well,
    but you are wrong instateing unless they resolve the issue how can they hope to have gods blessing. gods blessing is given for the life you lead not a religious dogma, no matter whos faith it is
    if the word of God is inspired, as it claims to be, if the teachings are healthful as they
    claim to be, if there is anything we have learned after six thousand years at attempted
    civilisation, its that independence from God results in misery, while adherence to Godly
    principles results in blessing! Wisdom is proven righteous, by its works.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 21:33
    its an unscriptutal practice though, forbidding to marry. Peter himself was married, God
    himself states of Adam, is was not good for him to continue alone. Paul himself states
    that marraige is to be honourable, among all. All that he states is that if a person can
    remain single then he will do better, but if he cannot, for reasons of self co ...[text shortened]... the less, unless they resolve the
    issue scripturally how can they hope to have Gods blessing?
    As I said earlier, there are married Catholic priests. Mandatory clerical celibacy is a matter of discipline; it is not doctrinal. Certainly no one is forbidden from marrying. For those priests who decide that the priesthood is no longer their vocation, they are permitted to leave the priesthood and marry.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 22:303 edits
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    As I said earlier, there are married Catholic priests. Mandatory clerical celibacy is a matter of discipline; it is not doctrinal. Certainly no one is forbidden from marrying. For those priests who decide that the priesthood is no longer their vocation, they are permitted to leave the priesthood and marry.
    In reality Conrau what you did was to produce a list of provisos and exceptions to the norm, Eastern Catholic, Anglicans who associate themselves with Catholicism, those who were married prior to ordination etc etc . Is it true or is it not true that the Roman Catholic church forbids its priesthood to marry, or how are we to understand theses statements

Throughout the Catholic Church, East as well as West, a priest may not marry. To become a married priest, one must therefore marry before being ordained.

The Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox Churches, without exception, rule out ordination of married men to the episcopate.

The law of clerical celibacy is considered to be not a doctrine, but a discipline. Exceptions are sometimes made, especially in the case of Protestant clergymen who convert to the Catholic Church, and the discipline could in theory be changed for all ordinations to the priesthood.

source wikipedia

whether its a doctrine or a discipline, is neither here nor there, its what it has resulted in, its outworking so to speak, which is the real testing of its effect, regardless of what it is termed and is our focus of concern.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 00:07
    In reality Conrau what you did was to produce a list of provisos and exceptions to the norm, Eastern Catholic, Anglicans who associate themselves with Catholicism, those who were married prior to ordination etc etc . Is it true or is it not true that the Roman Catholic church forbids its priesthood to marry, or how are we to understand theses state ...[text shortened]... is the real testing of its effect, regardless of what it is termed and is our focus of concern.
    In reality Conrau what you did was to produce a list of provisos and exceptions to the norm, Eastern Catholic, Anglicans who associate themselves with Catholicism, those who were married prior to ordination etc etc . Is it true or is it not true that the Roman Catholic church forbids its priesthood to marry, or how are we to understand theses statements

No, it is not true. A priest may be dispensed from his vow of celibacy. The current discipline of the Roman Catholic Church entails that a priest cannot marry and at the same time retain his clerical state. He can still marry; he just cannot marry and at the same time serve officially as a priest. Of course, since ordination lasts in perpetuo, whether or not the man is still a cleric, he is still a priest and in exigent circumstances, he may still act as a priest to hear confessions, for example. In short, the current normative discipline, exceptions aside, means that marriage and clerical state are incompatible but a priest may still marry --he just loses his clerical state.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Reference to what terrorists are doing somewhere in the world has no bearing whatsoever on the acceptability of Dasa's insulting anti-social behaviour in this community.
    Truth will be always insulting to those who embrace ignorance.

You are intelligent enough to know this.

But not honest enough to admit it.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:14
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Truth will be always insulting to those who embrace ignorance.

You are intelligent enough to know this.

But not honest enough to admit it.
    I do not accept your subjective definitions of "truth" and "ignorance". It appears to be this fact that convinces you that you are justified in insulting fellow members of this community with "analogies" involving animals and excrement and mental handicaps. I'm sorry if it is my honesty and consistency in this matter that is causing you to be so abusive and anti-social.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 03:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do not accept your subjective definitions of "truth" and "ignorance". It appears to be this fact that convinces you that you are justified in insulting fellow members of this community with "analogies" involving animals and excrement and mental handicaps. I'm sorry if it is my honesty and consistency in this matter that is causing you to be so abusive and anti-social.
    lol
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 05:14
    That is right. The leadership of the Roman Catholic Church say they act
    for Jesus Christ here on earth and have the authority to supliment or even
    change what is written in the Holy Bible. I say they are wrong. One day
    we shall all know the truth.
    Its my understanding that the Catholic Church decided what to put in the Holy Bible.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 06:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its my understanding that the Catholic Church decided what to put in the Holy Bible.
    To read words blindly without at least one cross check( of some sort) is very dangerous at best, and people labelling that stuff "truth" should reseek the definition of "truth" for their own sakes and the sakes of ones around them
  15. Utrecht
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 11:14
    One day we shall all know the truth.

Glad to hear you know little to nothing about the truth so far. 😉
    Dasa will love such honesty.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree