1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 12:58
    @fmf said
    Presumably "divisions" means differences of opinion between people. But if, by your own admission, you have neither the skills of a teacher nor the skills of a counsellor, how can you "eliminate" differences of opinion?
    Not differences of opinions. Differences in doctrine, if that be why divisions are occurring, but there are other ways to create divisions. Gossip, slander and backbiting for example.

Differences in opinions isn't necessarily a cause for division, but instead are viewed as opportunities for growth.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:01
    @wolfgang59 said
    It's great that you are helping people and I respect that.
    But you don't need a religion to do that.

I'm sure your wife is a lovely lady and helps people.
    But please don't let her indoctrinate children.

The two of you would make fine atheists.
    Anyone can make a fine atheist! 🐒

It's called instruction.

Indoctrination is what they do in science class. 😉
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:11
    @secondson said
    Not differences of opinions. Differences in doctrine, if that be why divisions are occurring, but there are other ways to create divisions. Gossip, slander and backbiting for example.

Differences in opinions isn't necessarily a cause for division, but instead are viewed as opportunities for growth.
    You have some authority or power over the doctrine of your church?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:131 edit
    @secondson said
    Gossip, slander and backbiting for example.
    How does someone "eliminate" something like backbiting?
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:23
    @divegeester said
    In church and with your family you are what you do; in here SecondSon, in the online world, you are what you post. My posts are aimed at you and you alone; if you choose to come here and put about your blowhardiness and subsequently try to hide within or behind a list of your church’s congregational persons-in-need, then that is a reflection of your character, not my post ...[text shortened]... the reinforcement of posting my Sunday résumé or calls to my God to “deal with” my forum detractors.
    Then you must be what your avatar implies according to what you said.

You have missed the whole point of the OP. Your perceptions about me, whether here or in reality, are without basis.

You continuously start bickering about the poster and calling names and making derogatory remarks about posters you disagree with, and miserably fail to debate coherently about the topic of discussion.

For example, sonship and I disagree on a variety of things, and he and I point out what it is we disagree about and why, but we never ridicule or call each other names. We debate, discuss and challenge each other.

Want to know why? It's because of mutual respect for our persons. It's the only mature and intelligent way to discuss topics we disagree about.

It's one thing to disagree about a passage or verse and it's interpretation, and quite another to spew invectives designed to make us feel better about our miserable personal condition.

One thing about you I am thankful for, and that is how you help me to see my own miserable personal condition. ✌️
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:27
    @fmf said
    You have some authority or power over the doctrine of your church?
    No, God does.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:28
    @fmf said
    How does "eliminate" something like backbiting?
    Care to rephrase?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:29
    @secondson said
    No, God does.
    God "eliminates" people from your church over "divisions" such as those caused by differences of opinion over doctrine? I thought you claimed on the previous page that you "eliminate" them?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 13:30
    @secondson said
    Care to rephrase?
    Fixed.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 15:301 edit
    @secondson said
    For example, sonship and I disagree on a variety of things, and he and I point out what it is we disagree about and why, but we never ridicule or call each other names. We debate, discuss and challenge each other.
    Two things:

1) What "variety of things" do you and Sonship disagree on? Name three. All I see is you and he pulling the proverbial sweetcorn out of all that sonship rapture poo, most of which is pure conjecture and theological hyperbole anyway. So ok, yes, please state three things of debating significance that you and sonship disagree on.

2) If you and another Christian here "disagree" what I DO see you doing is stepping in with your typical blowhardiness and blurting out that you know the truth... and here it is... and that's that... Is that how you "eliminate" disagreement in your church? Because that I can totally believe!
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:04
    @fmf said
    God "eliminates" people from your church over "divisions" such as those caused by differences of opinion over doctrine? I thought you claimed on the previous page that you "eliminate" them?
    You're mixing posts.

You're treating the answer I gave to one of your questions from one post as an answer I gave you to a question you asked in another.

Are you deliberately obfuscating, or do you need to take a nap?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:07
    @fmf said
    How does someone "eliminate" something like backbiting?
    I cut out their tongue. 👅
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 19:11
    @divegeester said
    Two things:

1) What "variety of things" do you and Sonship disagree on? Name three. All I see is you and he pulling the proverbial sweetcorn out of all that sonship rapture poo, most of which is pure conjecture and theological hyperbole anyway. So ok, yes, please state three things of debating significance that you and sonship disagree on.

2) If you and another C ...[text shortened]... that... Is that how you "eliminate" disagreement in your church? Because that I can totally believe!
    Two things:

1) Why do you keep missing the point.

2) Read our exchanges and learn for yourself.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 20:31
    @secondson said
    Two things:

1) Why do you keep missing the point.

2) Read our exchanges and learn for yourself.
    As expected.

Back to the youth group “big” man.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 23:06
    @secondson said
    You're mixing posts.

You're treating the answer I gave to one of your questions from one post as an answer I gave you to a question you asked in another.

Are you deliberately obfuscating, or do you need to take a nap?
    I am addressing what you said in your OP. You say you are the "muscle" who "eliminates" what you call "divisions". I am asking you about what you do and not about what you say God does.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree