1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 00:36
    @divegeester said
    What does this mean?
    It means you prattle a lot, and are void of substance in regards to coherent debate.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 06:47
    @secondson said
    Getting worried?
    Of your “spiritual muscle” ? Or of you still praying for your version of god to “get me”?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 08:07
    @divegeester said
    Of your “spiritual muscle” ? Or of you still praying for your version of god to “get me”?
    Don't you want to be gotten by God?

You know, the one and only God. The God that calls to account those that blaspheme His name and pays everlasting punishment to for their sins?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 09:16
    @secondson said

You know, the one and only God. The God that calls to account those that blaspheme His name and pays everlasting punishment to for their sins?
    'Everlasting punishment' surely comes from the mind of flawed human beings, not a perfectly loving deity? Surely?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 10:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    'Everlasting punishment' surely comes from the mind of flawed human beings, not a perfectly loving deity? Surely?
    What's even more peculiar is that the 'everlasting punishment', for all intents and purposes, is not for "sin", it's for not believing you are "forgiven".
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's spelled out in plain English, or in the Greek, in words inspired by God, in a book called the Bible.

That God is love does not diminish from the fact that God is also just, not only to forgive, but to bring into account anyone that rejects His salvation.

It's in The Book, and no amount of twisting and wresting with it will change one wit of it.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:08
    @fmf said
    What's even more peculiar is that the 'everlasting punishment', for all intents and purposes, is not for "sin", it's for not believing you are "forgiven".
    What's peculiar is how you wrangle around with words to over complicate a simple concept.

God's Word teaches that those who believe have eternal life, and those who don't experience everlasting punishment in outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:10
    @secondson said
    What's peculiar is how you wrangle around with words to over complicate a simple concept.
    There is no "wrangle" with words involved. I have encapsulated the OSAS concept in an uncomplicated and succinct way.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:12
    @secondson said
    God's Word teaches that those who believe have eternal life, and those who don't experience everlasting punishment in outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    My rendition of this was better. Look again. "Believe" what? The doctrine is, for all intents and purposes, as I stated it.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:12
    @secondson said
    It's spelled out in plain English, or in the Greek, in words inspired by God, in a book called the Bible.

That God is love does not diminish from the fact that God is also just, not only to forgive, but to bring into account anyone that rejects His salvation.

It's in The Book, and no amount of twisting and wresting with it will change one wit of it.
    The Bible was written by man, hence the flawed and disproportionate concepts of everlasting punishment. If the Bible had indeed been inspired by an all wise and all loving deity such concepts wouldn't feature.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The Bible was written by man, hence the flawed and disproportionate concepts of everlasting punishment. If the Bible had indeed been inspired by an all wise and all loving deity such concepts wouldn't feature.
    Wiser than God are you?

If the Word of God is inspired, 2 Timothy 16, and men were moved by the Holy Ghost, 2 Peter 1:21, to pen the words, then your concept is flawed.

God not only inspired His Word, but also preserves it. Psalm 12:6,7.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 13:251 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I think if you asked for the convening of a congress of thieves to come together and decide what should be the appropriate punishment for stealing, they might agree that there should be none.

Can they be relied upon to put their vested interest aside and arrive at what their own penalty should be? I think not.

The objections to eternal punishment are likewise the musings the criminal as to what he thinks should be God's penalty against rejecting God should be. It should be light or none at all, he is likely to reason.

Though it is not easy, I leave room for eternal punishment not being a lack of God's wisdom but an indication of it. What is beyond God? What is above God? What higher court or referee could correct God ? No higher authority can exist.

If you reject God and want to stay in that state forever, forever you are to know what He responds to your rejection. He came in the Son to become sin for us, a curse for us, judged for us. Should His creatures want to reject Him and win too ?

If you argue that eternal punishment is unreasonable is eternal life something you think we sinners deserve ? Why isn't that lopsided given the things we've done ?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 15:43
    @secondson said
    Wiser than God are you?

If the Word of God is inspired, 2 Timothy 16, and men were moved by the Holy Ghost, 2 Peter 1:21, to pen the words, then your concept is flawed.

God not only inspired His Word, but also preserves it. Psalm 12:6,7.
    The Bible was written by man. Therefore quoting passages from this man written book, about how it is inspired by God, is never going to have any traction with me.

What external evidence do you have of the divine authorship of the Bible?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 16:38
    @secondson said

I am not “getting worried” about your “spiritual muscle”, which may feel to you as though it carries some authoritative clout and which is no doubt regarded with some level of mirth within your little religious group, nor am I “getting worried” about your version of god “getting me”, nor am I “getting worried” about you coming out of your “used to be” tough guy retirement and duffing me up.

You really are three dimensionally unimpressive.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    14 Dec '18 07:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

What external evidence do you have of the divine authorship of the Bible?
    Jesus.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree