1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '18 23:10
    @secondson said
    I cut out their tongue. 👅
    No, it's a serious question. You don't cut out anyone's tongue. How do you "eliminate" something like backbiting? Isn't one person's "backbiting" just another person's candour and legitimate dissent?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:12
    @fmf said
    No, it's a serious question. You don't cut out anyone's tongue. How do you "eliminate" something like backbiting? Isn't one person's "backbiting" just another person's candour and legitimate dissent?
    You're right. I made a mistake.

I pull their teeth.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:17
    @fmf said
    I am addressing what you said in your OP. You say you are the "muscle" who "eliminates" what you call "divisions". I am asking you about what you do and not about what you say God does.
    The only thing you're addressing is the reframing of the words, and inferring meaning and intent not consistent with the context from which you stole them.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 00:27
    @secondson said
    The only thing you're addressing is the reframing of the words, and inferring meaning and intent not consistent with the context from which you stole them.
    You claim you are the "muscle" who "eliminates" what you call "divisions" at your church. I am asking you what it is you do.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:13
    @fmf said
    You have vociferously defended the right to give thumbs down anonymously. I haven't heard you claim that anonymous thumbs down were "cowardly" or lacked "integrity" before. I even remember you disagreeing with Grampy Bobby in public when he claimed that anonymous thumbs down were "cowardly" or lacked "integrity". You were strident about it. Has your stance changed. It seems to have.
    "Thumbs down" is YOUR point.

It was not MY point.

If you want to change the focus of my post, forget it.

And please stop claiming that you don't care about "thumbs", when obviously, you do.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:26
    @suzianne said
    "Thumbs down" is YOUR point.

It was not MY point.

If you want to change the focus of my post, forget it.

And please stop claiming that you don't care about "thumbs", when obviously, you do.
    I don't give anyone thumbs down. I occasionally thumb posts up. You made two points in your response to the OP. The one about thumbs down was the second of them. Therefore, I don't think I am changing the focus of your post by asking you about it.

So, have you changed your stance over the essential right - as you see it - to give thumbs down anonymously, or is your stance now that it is "cowardly" and lacks "integrity"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 02:271 edit
    @suzianne said
    "Thumbs down" is YOUR point.It was not MY point.
    This is what you posted: "Would the person who thumbed down this post say that their action was an action of integrity or expressive of their morality, or of cowardice, and/or malice?" It certainly was your point. It made up half of your first post on page 1.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 06:32
    @secondson said
    Read our exchanges and learn for yourself.
    You are claiming that you and sonship disagree of various debating topics but are able to discuss them amicably. I’m asking you what these “various” topics are. Tell me to “read your exchanges” is just a dodge.

I don’t believe you basically, so I’m calling you on it. What “various” topics have you disagreed with with sonship over which you have debated him on? Which threads? When?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 06:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Dec '18 06:43
    @fmf said
    You claim you are the "muscle" who "eliminates" what you call "divisions" at your church. I am asking you what it is you do.
    “Spiritual muscle” according to SecondSon’s OP.

I guess I should feel relieved that he is only going to get his version of God to “deal with me”, to “get me”... rather than him getting me personally.

SecondSon to divegeester
    ”God will deal with you, but not like me. God is so very kind and gentle and infinitely patient.”

Thank goodness it’s only his god I have to deal with!
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 16:07
    @divegeester said
    “Spiritual muscle” according to SecondSon’s OP.

I guess I should feel relieved that he is only going to get his version of God to “deal with me”, to “get me”... rather than him getting me personally.

SecondSon to divegeester
    ”God will deal with you, but not like me. God is so very kind and gentle and infinitely patient.”

Thank goodness it’s only his god I have to deal with!
    That's correct. You should be relieved and grateful that "God will deal with you" and not me.

You don't have to deal with me at all!

Pray that you believe in the right God. Doesn't appear that you have the correct biblical view of who He is. And if that's true you don't want to deal with God at all.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 16:09
    @secondson said
    That's correct. You should be relieved and grateful that "God will deal with you" and not me.

You don't have to deal with me at all!

Pray that you believe in the right God. Doesn't appear that you have the correct biblical view of who He is. And if that's true you don't want to deal with God at all.
    But are you really someone I should be “relived and grateful” that I don’t have you dealing with me? What would you do that God wouldn’t do?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '18 17:02
    @secondson said
    You should be relieved and grateful that "God will deal with you" and not me.
    How would you "deal with" divegeester if he were a member of your congregation?
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 02:52
    @fmf said
    How would you "deal with" divegeester if he were a member of your congregation?
    I'd put him in the stocks. Then I'd tar and feather him and run him out of this town.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '18 03:27
    @secondson said
    I'd put him in the stocks. Then I'd tar and feather him and run him out of this town.
    You say you "eliminate" what you call "problems" or "divisions" in your congregation because you cast yourself as "spiritual muscle". What does this entail exactly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree