1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 21:51
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Suppose a daughter accuses her father (both JWs) of raping her. She says it's happened once, and she is the only witness. He denies it. She wants to take the matter to the police. Would the WTS, the Elders on site, or anybody else in a position of religious authority in the congregation attempt to dissuade her from taking the matter to the police? Would they encourage her to do so?
    Then you rely on prayer to God. He will expose all wrong doings expecially to protect the ones he loves.
    But in the mean time strong suggestions would be made to remove the two parties from each other. We're not stupid and if the police need to be called to intervene it would be done. We would never allow anyone to be hurt.
    But the point here is every situation is different. We are not the police. The elders try to find out what all the situations are and go from there and by using the Bible's guidelines it is a great start unless eminent danger is present.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 21:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Did you tell me something to provoke such a response? What was it?

It is clear how the JWs handle child abuse situations. Read the article, it is not rocket science. For one thing they WANT TWO WITNESSES ,, why ? the Bible says so.

How the hell do you get TWO witnesses, who have seen a JW old fart, abuse someones 8 yr old daughter. That might nev ...[text shortened]... a paradise for pedophiles, becuase the requirement for 2 witnesses before anything can be done.
    You do the research if you want.... I keep hoping that somehow you'll change a truly become a loving Christian but it's not happening. I'm done with you.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You do the research if you want.... I keep hoping that somehow you'll change a truly become a loving Christian but it's not happening. I'm done with you.
    A loving Christian? Like the Loving Jehovah Witnesses ? 😀 Oh yes ..they lovingly excommunicate 30,000 people every year.

And in case you want to find out, ask around these forums and you will find that you and RC are two most hateful people on this site. Oh .. I was done with you and RC some years aback. Im taking on the WatchTower Organisation now, and you need to stop butting in.
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:11
    Then you rely on prayer to God. He will expose all wrong doings expecially to protect the ones he loves.
    But in the mean time strong suggestions would be made to remove the two parties from each other. We're not stupid and if the police need to be called to intervene it would be done. We would never allow anyone to be hurt.
    But the point here is eve ...[text shortened]... here and by using the Bible's guidelines it is a great start unless eminent danger is present.
    But that wasn't my question. I asked whether your organization would attempt to dissuade the daughter from taking the matter to the police. Would they? Or would they encourage her? Would they just leave it up to her discretion?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:16
    But that wasn't my question. I asked whether your organization would attempt to dissuade the daughter from taking the matter to the police. Would they? Or would they encourage her? Would they just leave it up to her discretion?
    LOL ... Are you trying to have a rational conversation with a JW? .. good luck
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:23
    Well I thought I answered you but if the victim wanted to go to the police no one would ever stop them. That is a personal decision...
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:241 edit
    You do the research if you want.... .
    Ok you asked for it .. but it does not look good.

Interesting Exceprts from
    "Jehovah's Witness Child Abuse Cover-Up Alleged

Bowen claims the Watchtower itself maintains a confidential database of nearly 24,000 suspected child molesters among their membership.

the response within the local Kingdom Hall too often results in the accused being protected by the elders while the victims are pressured to recant or at least keep silent about their accusations.

Commenting on a case that had broken free from Kingdom Hall confidentiality into criminal court, West Midlands (Scotland) investigating police officer Steve Colley remarked, “I was surprised. They [the elders] actually said to me unless I could provide two Jehovah’s Witnesses who’d actually seen the offense, then as far as they were concerned the offense hadn’t taken place.”

A Canadian judge, ruling in a criminal case, declared, “The moral punishment imposed by a church is not punishment demanded by law.” Judge John Goldring continued, “I cannot criticize the church sufficiently enough….it’s well known in these courts that churches are criticized for failing to report criminal activity.” Goldring concluded, “The church may have spiritual responsibility but it does not exceed the authority of the state.”

http://www.equip.org/articles/jehovah-s-witness-child-abuse-cover-up-alleged
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 22:37
    Well I thought I answered you but if the victim wanted to go to the police no one would ever stop them. That is a personal decision...
    OK. So suppose the daughter did go to the police, and suppose the police found DNA evidence that showed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she had been raped by her father. Would this be sufficient for your organization to treat the father as guilty, or would you still need another witness?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:01
    Do you put mans laws first or God's word the Bible?
    This sounds like a JW cop out to me. I would put a child's well being before a whacked out cult trying to save face. I have no fear that I would be doing God's law by ratting out a child molester if they were among my ranks!!! Man's law basically comes from God's law.

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Ok you asked for it .. but it does not look good.

Interesting Exceprts from
    [b]"Jehovah's Witness Child Abuse Cover-Up Alleged

Bowen claims the Watchtower itself maintains a confidential database of nearly 24,000 suspected child molesters among their membership.

the response within the local Ki ...[text shortened]... state.”

http://www.equip.org/articles/jehovah-s-witness-child-abuse-cover-up-alleged[/b]
    I see many lies right off the bat as to what he says the elders do and don't do in our everyday lifes. As this is the case I tend to believe he's lying about the many things he says about the abuse also.
    One man's acusations is just that, one man spouting out about his displeasure of the Witnesses.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:04
    Originally posted by menace71
    This sounds like a JW cop out to me. I would put a child's well being before a whacked out cult trying to save face. I have no fear that I would be doing God's law by ratting out a child molester if they were among my ranks!!! Man's law basically comes from God's law.

Manny
    You do as you please sir.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:08
    OK. So suppose the daughter did go to the police, and suppose the police found DNA evidence that showed, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she had been raped by her father. Would this be sufficient for your organization to treat the father as guilty, or would you still need another witness?
    I also explained this to you. If a person feels they should go to the police and get whatever result from they want, it is fine. Proof is proof and that's all the elders want no matter if it comes from DNA or another witness.
    All the congregation wants is proof and to protect. If the elders are not involved that is their option.
    Any other questions?
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:15
    You do as you please sir.
    Your organization is just like the Catholics obviously. There should be a vehement standard that Child abuse allegations are taken very seriously and the proper authorities are called. However we know your organization has no respect for authorities or government but the irony is God has placed these over us in one fashion or another. Dude really just stop it already. I hope you personally would rat out a child molester that was among your ranks!!!

Manny
  14. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:19
    I also explained this to you. If a person feels they should go to the police and get whatever result from they want, it is fine. Proof is proof and that's all the elders want no matter if it comes from DNA or another witness.
    All the congregation wants is proof and to protect. If the elders are not involved that is their option.
    Any other questions?
    So the whole "two witness" thing is sort of a red herring?
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:22
    So the whole "two witness" thing is sort of a red herring?
    There 2 witness thing is BS to hide behind

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree