1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:24
    Originally posted by bbarr
    So the whole "two witness" thing is sort of a red herring?
    'Two witnesses'

Jehovah's Witnesses' congregational judicial policies require the testimony of two material witnesses to establish a perpetrator's serious sin in the absence of confession,[5] based on their interpretation of scriptures such as Deuteronomy 17:6 and 1 Timothy 5:19. This policy is felt to be a protection against malicious accusation of sexual assault. The Watch Tower Society's Public Information Department specifies that this two-witness policy is applied solely to congregational discipline and has no bearing on whether a crime is reported to the authorities. It is not necessary for both witnesses to have observed the same instance of child molestation to establish guilt. As of 1991, statements by two victims of separate incidents by the same perpetrator may be deemed sufficient to take action and impose internal sanctions.[2][6][7] DNA evidence, medical reports, or information from forensic experts or police that proves sexual abuse is also accepted as a valid "second witness".

In cases where there is only one eye-witness—the victim—to an allegation of child abuse, elders are instructed to monitor the accused individual closely, and in most cases suspend his conspicuous privileges. If there is evidence to suggest that the alleged perpetrator did abuse children, privileges are revoked and a warning is given to the congregation for its protection.[8]
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    'Two witnesses'

Jehovah's Witnesses' congregational judicial policies require the testimony of two material witnesses to establish a perpetrator's serious sin in the absence of confession,[5] based on their interpretation of scriptures such as Deuteronomy 17:6 and 1 Timothy 5:19. This policy is felt to be a protection against malicious accusation ...[text shortened]... privileges are revoked and a warning is given to the congregation for its protection.[8]
    Thanks buddy......
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You do as you please sir.
    dude let the haters hate, its all they know, they've had hundreds of years of practice
    and two world wars, i see no reason why the would stop now.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:26
    Originally posted by menace71
    There 2 witness thing is BS to hide behind

Manny
    Well then take that up with God as that's his commands.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:27
    dude let the haters hate, its all they know, they've had hundreds of years of practice
    and two world wars, i see no reason why the would stop now.
    Exactly...... God will never let them see the reasoning and wisdom on this as long as they don't want to see.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    Thanks buddy......
    no worries i dont know why it should be so hard to find, its all in the public domain, all one has to do is go to wikipedia.
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    'Two witnesses'

Jehovah's Witnesses' congregational judicial policies require the testimony of two material witnesses to establish a perpetrator's serious sin in the absence of confession,[5] based on their interpretation of scriptures such as Deuteronomy 17:6 and 1 Timothy 5:19. This policy is felt to be a protection against malicious accusation ...[text shortened]... privileges are revoked and a warning is given to the congregation for its protection.[8]
    At least this answer is coherent

Manny
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:28
    'Two witnesses'

Yeah, I read that too, but there was no citation for the claim about allowing DNA or other forensic evidence to count as a "second witness". That's why I asked. Galveston says proof is proof, so...
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:29
    Well then take that up with God as that's his commands.
    As I already said I would have no fear that I was doing God's commands by ratting out a molester.

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:30
    As I already said I would have no fear that I was doing God's commands by ratting out a molester.

Manny
    I would agree with you. But I hope you somehow get the points discussed here. I truely do.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:30
    Exactly...... God will never let them see the reasoning and wisdom on this as long as they don't want to see.
    there best left to themselves to be honest, they contribute nothing to our
    understanding, dredge up ludicrous assertions from dubious sources, when its clear we
    have an exceptional record of producing beautiful young people who are healthy and
    balanced, its the best they can do, is allege this and allege that, it feeds their hatred,
    its all they can do.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:31
    The JW's really don't respect authority or government and would evade in anyway possible if they could. No taxes. No military service ect.........

Manny
  13. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:341 edit
    The JW's really don't respect authority or government and would evade in anyway possible if they could. No taxes. No military service ect.........

Manny
    They respect what they take to be legitimate authority, and they don't want to fight wars. What makes you think they don't want roads and national defense and public health initiatives? Come on, now. I'd bet they'd pony up their share of taxes, even if they could opt out. They are citizens, you know.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:34

Manny
    We "pay our taxes" and "obey the laws". It's your fellow Americans who don't....

To say we don't is a foolish lie.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Nov '11 23:35
    I just hate yes I'm a hater of the JW's and there brainwashed minds cult clones!!!! I'm starting to hate all religion it's just a bunch of man made garbage that un-intelligent minds love who can't think their way out of a wet paper bag!!!! I'm full of hate today!!!

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree