1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 12:12
    I do not see sonship this way, he loves God and the Lord Jesus. He has his reasons to believe as he does and is still a brother in Christ. No one can know more than they have been taught, and no one knows everything, other than God. I cannot say with 100% accuracy that God is not a triune God, but I am about 99% sure that He is not. I only know that I have been wrong before on other things.
    Until God shows me different from His word or some other way, I will stay with my convictions, there is one God and one Lord.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 12:20
    Sorry I have not been able to write much yet.

I will reply to some posts. But my replies will purposely sound like I am working my burden into the response. So some posters are liable to get verbose responses including matters they didn't ask about.

Brother checkbaiter, thankyou for your commitment to the brotherhood.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 13:42
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I do not see sonship this way, he loves God and the Lord Jesus. He has his reasons to believe as he does and is still a brother in Christ. No one can know more than they have been taught, and no one knows everything, other than God. I cannot say with 100% accuracy that God is not a triune God, but I am about 99% sure that He is not. I only know that I ha ...[text shortened]... from His word or some other way, I will stay with my convictions, there is one God and one Lord.
    Do I need to quote you passages that there are many who can claim to love God and Love Jesus but they will still hear Christ say 'depart from me'? Christ decides who is his brother not me or you.

Nobody knows everything but it is clear from the teachings of Christ and the APostles that it is a sin and a grave on at that to depart from their teachings. There are no exceptions to that rule. You yourself has said many times that the idea of a triune God is not Biblical.

Maybe you forgot Checkbaiter but Jaywill/Sonship said very clearly when we were discussing something that Paul is not the only authority after Christ, and he was not referring to the Apostles. He believes that this man Watchman Lee (or whaterver his name is) is an inspired Apostle. This kind of thinking leads to cults and opens the door to apostasy.

You might not admit it but Christians should stick with the teachings of Christ and the APostles and not deviate or add or change anything.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 13:451 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Sorry I have not been able to write much yet.

I will reply to some posts. But my replies will purposely sound like I am working my burden into the response. So some posters are liable to get verbose responses including matters they didn't ask about.

Brother checkbaiter, thankyou for your commitment to the brotherhood.
    Sorry I have not been able to write much yet - Jaywill

don't apologise for goodness sake, count it as a blessing in disguise 🙂
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 13:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry I have not been able to write much yet - Jaywill

don't apologise for goodness sake, count it as a blessing in disguise 🙂
    A blessing for others ? 😀
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 13:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yes we should. This is the umpteenth time he is preaching about some triune god which is not Biblical, and he insists that we accept his version of God.
    According to the Holy Bible, the Son of God should be honored the same as God.

The Instructor
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 14:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    According to the Holy Bible, the Son of God should be honored the same as God.

The Instructor
    Maybe a course in advanced English Comprehension might help out people like you.

You can honour two people the same way but still recognise that they are distinct and separate and not equal. Christ and God are two separate and distinct entities. God is the head of Christ the same way Christ is the head of man. Do you need a reference for that?

There is a very long list of things that are known to God but not to Christ. Christ will start his Kingdom and then reign for a period of time after which he will hand it over to God, after which God is all in al. How can they be equal.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 15:11
    Apostasy is defined as any teaching that not in keeping with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. I think he qualifies.
    So you are not an apostate because everything you believe is completely in keeping with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you are not an apostate because everything you believe is completely in keeping with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles?
    Yes. If you can identify something I said which is not said by Christ then I will retract that statement and change my beliefs.

So lets hear it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 17:15
    Do I need to quote you passages that there are many who can claim to love God and Love Jesus but they will still hear Christ say 'depart from me'? Christ decides who is his brother not me or you.

Nobody knows everything but it is clear from the teachings of Christ and the APostles that it is a sin and a grave on at that to depart from their teachin ...[text shortened]... d stick with the teachings of Christ and the APostles and not deviate or add or change anything.
    I know who Watchman Nee is, and yes, he was a Christian. An Apostle? Not sure about that, I don't think so.
    There are many who are sincere Christians who believe in a Trinity, many wonderful Christians who believe that.
    But I do see God blessing their lives, and it is a deep topic. They serve the Lord Jesus, it is just that they have mistakenly elevated Jesus to a position that he does not have. I understand why they believe that too. It is what they were taught from their churches when they initiated into Christ.
    God looks at the heart, not rules and traditions. I have many brothers and sisters who believe in the Trinity, and just as many who do not.
    Like I said, God looks at the heart, if they love Jesus and confessed him as Lord in their lives, that is all that matters to receive him.
    I serve the Lord Jesus too, I just don't believe he is God just like you believe.

But the weightier matters are what is important. Does a believer whether he/she believe in the Trinity or not, DO what Christ/the bible command?
    Do we love our neighbor as ourselves? Do we seek God with our whole heart?, etc...
    Didn't Jesus say, "if they are not against us they are for us?"
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 17:401 edit
    A blessing for others ? 😀
    you got it my son, no more mountain like walls of text until jaywill repents! Clearly he is being blocked from posting by the Holy spirit.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 18:193 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I know who Watchman Nee is, and yes, he was a Christian. An Apostle? Not sure about that, I don't think so.
    There are many who are sincere Christians who believe in a Trinity, many wonderful Christians who believe that.
    But I do see God blessing their lives, and it is a deep topic. They serve the Lord Jesus, it is just that they have mistakenly elevate ...[text shortened]... d with our whole heart?, etc...
    Didn't Jesus say, "if they are not against us they are for us?"
    I agree with all that you said. But you are not understanding me.

It is ok for someone to say that they prefer to believe in the Trinity or Triune or whatever suits them. That remains a personal matter and it is their beef with God on judgment day.

It is quite another thing to hold yourself out as a pastor or preacher and then say to people that they must believe that Christ is God or that Christ and God are the same or equal. Then it becomes a matter of misleading innocent people. Teachings doctrines that the Apostles did not preach is apostasy.

You might be interested to know that Christ said it both ways. He also said:

Matt 12:30 He that is not with me is against me;..

Do you have an opinion regarding the other matter of Jaywill elevating Watchman Nee to the status of inspired Apostle?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 19:28
    I agree with all that you said. But you are not understanding me.

It is ok for someone to say that they prefer to believe in the Trinity or Triune or whatever suits them. That remains a personal matter and it is their beef with God on judgment day.

It is quite another thing to hold yourself out as a pastor or preacher and then say to people that they ...[text shortened]... regarding the other matter of Jaywill elevating Watchman Nee to the status of inspired Apostle?

Do you have an opinion regarding the other matter of Jaywill elevating Watchman Nee to the status of inspired Apostle?

No, I don't know the circumstances. An Apostle is someone who speaks for God with new revelation for the time, but it will not contradict what is already written in the bible. I know of a couple people who may have been Apostles, but they never said they were. They never told anyone.

I have to believe that there are some around today, else why these verses?
    Eph 4:11-15

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head — Christ —
    NKJV
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 20:21
    Yes. If you can identify something I said which is not said by Christ then I will retract that statement and change my beliefs.

So lets hear it.
    Justification by works.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '13 08:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Justification by works.
    James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree