1. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8623
    27 Sep '13 19:012 edits
    This thread will be on on the early chapters of Genesis. For my purpose my emphases will be exploring symbols of Jesus Christ and of the growth of Jesus Christ as divine life within man.

    Gaps, the age of the earth, the science of the origin of the world I will not speak to. From my effort I want to talk about seeing the center of the whole Bible in Genesis - and that center is the Son of God, Christ.

    If some want to regard this as spiritualizing Genesis, I will not object to that charge. But I will provide reasons why such spiritualizing is legitimate, necessary and helpful to the seeker of truth.

    First let me talk about the phrase "divine life". Divine life is not something man is created with. Man is created with natural life. Sometime after being born with natural life, if one receives the Lord Jesus she or he is born again with divine life.

    By divine life I also mean the Trinity.

    The entrance of the divine life of God is our getting to know a PERSON. That life is a Person - the Triune God. We receive divine life simultaneously with being joined to a living Person of God.

    The symbolism of receiving the Triune God as divine life and having that Person grow, saturate, and fill up man is very much in Genesis 1 and 2.

    "Young Earth" verses "Old Earth" has very little to do with this. This will be a study of life - God as life imparted into man as allegories in Genesis 1 and 2 particularly.
  2. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8623
    27 Sep '13 19:13
    I have written a discussion with many good contributions on "An Old Earth History of Satan." This discussion is more important.

    RJHinds, being faithful to raised a number of objections to what critics call "Gap Theory." I actually appreciate the examination. But this study is more important.

    Seeing divine life in Genesis is, I think, more important than trying to see old earth verses young earth or the history of Satan. I could be wrong. But I think I am not.

    What good does it do to know lots about the creation of the world if we do not see we need to receive the Son INTO our beings as eternal life ?

    The Moslem, the Bahai, the Orthodox, Reform, or Conservative Jew may see that God is the Creator. The Christian may argue that God is the Creator and the origin of life. That is good. That is true. But if we do not see that this God desires to impart His Spirit into us to be our eternal life, our spiritual life uniting us with God, it is rather vain.

    This will be a discussion aimed to establish the truth of God imparting Himself as divine life into man to fulfill His eternal purpose.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    27 Sep '13 20:52
    the Triune God - give it up!
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    27 Sep '13 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Triune God - give it up!
    ...and internal schism number 4 pokes its nose into the tent.
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Sep '13 21:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    I have written a discussion with many good contributions on "An Old Earth History of Satan." This discussion is more important.

    RJHinds, being faithful to raised a number of objections to what critics call "Gap Theory." I actually appreciate the examination. But this study is more important.

    Seeing divine life in Genesis is, I think, more importa ...[text shortened]... blish the truth of God imparting Himself as divine life into man to fulfill His eternal purpose.
    I agree wholeheartedly that this is much more important. However, having said that, if you are saying one must believe/receive the "Trinity, I will pass on this discussion.
    The bible says believe on the Son of God, which I do. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, God is his Father, and God has given His Son all authority in heaven and earth and to be head over His church, of which I believe I am a part.
    Nowhere does the bible state one must believe in a "Triune God" to be saved. I just want to get this out of the way right now.
    I submit to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, I am filled with holy spirit (God's gift at the new birth) and I can operate some of the manifestations of holy spirit which is the power of God dwelling in His people. I do not believe it is a person, but pneuma God's gift.
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    27 Sep '13 21:58
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I agree wholeheartedly that this is much more important. However, having said that, if you are saying one must believe/receive the "Trinity, I will pass on this discussion.
    The bible says believe on the Son of God, which I do. I believe Jesus is the Son of God, God is his Father, and God has given His Son all authority in heaven and earth and to be hea ...[text shortened]... the power of God dwelling in His people. I do not believe it is a person, but pneuma God's gift.
    Nicely said. I would add my piece which is that anyone who preaches a doctrine which they claim is required but is not according to the clear teachings of Christ and the Apostles is preaching apostasy.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Sep '13 22:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nicely said. I would add my piece which is that anyone who preaches a doctrine which they claim is required but is not according to the clear teachings of Christ and the Apostles is preaching apostasy.
    Noted, and I agree with this too...
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    28 Sep '13 08:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the Triune God - give it up!
    It's interesting how we can be in agreement, but for completely the wrong reasons.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    28 Sep '13 08:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's interesting how we can be in agreement, but for completely the wrong reasons.
    Its my mind ray, hidden far in the hills 😀
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    28 Sep '13 08:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Nicely said. I would add my piece which is that anyone who preaches a doctrine which they claim is required but is not according to the clear teachings of Christ and the Apostles is preaching apostasy.
    Jaywill an apostate? ouch! we should hand him over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh to bring him to his senses!
  11. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    28 Sep '13 10:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Jaywill an apostate? ouch! we should hand him over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh to bring him to his senses!
    Yes we should. This is the umpteenth time he is preaching about some triune god which is not Biblical, and he insists that we accept his version of God.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    28 Sep '13 11:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yes we should. This is the umpteenth time he is preaching about some triune god which is not Biblical, and he insists that we accept his version of God.
    That hardly makes the man an apostate!
  13. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    28 Sep '13 11:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That hardly makes the man an apostate!
    Apostasy is defined as any teaching that not in keeping with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. I think he qualifies.
  14. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    28 Sep '13 11:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That hardly makes the man an apostate!
    I see, you're next!
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    28 Sep '13 11:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yes we should. This is the umpteenth time he is preaching about some triune god which is not Biblical, and he insists that we accept his version of God.
    clearly he refuses to repent and has hardened his heart against the living God!
Back to Top