1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 00:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    checkbaiter,

My responses, as I warned, are probably going to be made to lean towards my intended topic points.

First of all brother, no, I know being "saved" is only the beginning. I was born again in 1974. Now to Elohim...

You've been a Christian for a fair amount of time. Good.

[quote]
    Genesis 1:1
    In the beginning God c ...[text shortened]... than it is that we should understand "man, demons, foreign gods, Baal, Dagon, angels ... etc."
    I respectfully disagree with you on this. But I just want to move on, if you choose to believe in a triune God, I do not judge you, just give me the same respect.
    I have been debating this topic for over 30 years. I believe I have heard all the arguments, and they have done nothing but embolden me to believe in one God and one Lord.
    You are not going to convince me and I will not try to convince you.
    Again, please let's simply agree to disagree, there are better things to focus on.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 00:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks Kelley but he really big problem for some reason many people in most religions don't see or concern themselves with is the truth. If love and doing good was all we need in our worship to God then scriptures such as this where it says “God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”—JOHN 4:24.
    Notice the last word i ...[text shortened]... e must worship" did he not?
    You have to know the truth.......not leave it up to someone else.
    I'm not sure why you think I do not concern myself with the truth? I do
    believe that God is a spirit, and if you don't have God's Spirit you do not
    belong to Him. Romans 8:9 So with respect, I'm not sure what you think
    when you are talking about truth and those things I have said.

I believe people lose out on God for many very small things, as it is written
    what does it matter if you gain the whole world and lose your soul? So any
    thing you put before God would be a little thing.

Now if you are claiming that I'm worshiping a false spirit instead of God
    please come out and say so. The scripture is very plain in my opinion when
    it comes to God's Spirit when we come to Him.

Luke 11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion?

13 If ye then which are evil, can give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the holy Ghost to them that desire him?

So if you believe anyone can come to the God through Jesus Christ, and
    ask God for His Holy Spirit and instead of God's Spirit God will give a
    demon, I'd say you have issues with God and not a small one at that!
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 00:36
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I criticise you, yes, for signing off with "The Insructor".
    Why should you criticize me for that. I was an Instructor in the U.S. Army Signal School. I am honorably retired now. However, I am now instructing the ignorant, like yourself, about the good news of Christ.

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 00:37
    Thanks Kelley but he really big problem for some reason many people in most religions don't see or concern themselves with is the truth. If love and doing good was all we need in our worship to God then scriptures such as this where it says “God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”—JOHN 4:24.
    "love and doing good was all we need in our worship to God then scriptures such as this where it says “God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”—JOHN 4:24."

Not denying we need to worship God in spirit and in truth, but I do believe
    Jesus over you here on this point.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?

37 Jesus said to him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and the great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hangeth the whole Law and the Prophets.

If you love God and those around you, doing for them as their needs arise
    I'd say you are fulfilling the two great commands God has for us if you are
    doing it for God's sake not just their sakes. We can be mean and selfish
    from time to time and we could say they don't deserve our care, but if we
    are acting for God's sake then no matter what they do so that God can be
    praised we love and forgive.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 00:47
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Don't you mean True Christians™ ??
    What is a true Christian?

http://www.ucg.org/christian-living/what-true-christian/

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 01:152 edits
    No He did not say that. Below is the quote:

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”

(Matthew 4:10 NKJV)

YAHshua (Jesus) said nothing about worshipping the Father only. Jesus said they should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

YouTube

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 01:21
    "The Triune God is the best interpretation of Elohim in Genesis 1:1. Extra judges, extra angels, extra men, extra angels are all ruled out."

Or how about NO interpretation and take the Bible exactly for what it says. " "God is one (1) God"
    If he were indeed not a single God or being, that scripture is false and should not be in the Bible.
    If it w ...[text shortened]... n of it even in the slightest.
    So no, no inerpretations are ever allowed with truths..........
    The word translated ONE is not the number 1.

The Instructor
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 02:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The word translated ONE is not the number 1.

The Instructor
    Lol. Oh my what in the world does that mean? Unbelieveable Ron.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 02:44
    No He did not say that. Below is the quote:

[b]Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”

(Matthew 4:10 NKJV)

YAHshua (Jesus) said nothing about worshipping the Father only. Jesus said they should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

http:/ ...[text shortened]... WUXVD8bg

The Instructor[/b]
    Hello, anyone in there? He was speaking of his Father Jehovah. If he were speaking of himself don't you think he would have said it was himself you should worship?
    Oh this is so usless with you......
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 05:22
    Hello, anyone in there? He was speaking of his Father Jehovah. If he were speaking of himself don't you think he would have said it was himself you should worship?
    Oh this is so usless with you......
    Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

(John 20:28 NASB)

The Instructor
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 06:13
    What is a true Christian?

http://www.ucg.org/christian-living/what-true-christian/

The Instructor
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 12:503 edits
    Checkbaiter,

You certainly have my respect. Now you wrote this:

I respectfully disagree with you on this. But I just want to move on, if you choose to believe in a triune God, I do not judge you, just give me the same respect.
    I have been debating this topic for over 30 years. I believe I have heard all the arguments, and they have done nothing but embolden me to believe in one God and one Lord.

So to believe in the Triune God is to not believe in "one God and one Lord" ?

That's the implication here. You are made all the more bold to believe Ephesians 4:5 , for example - " ... One Lord, one faith, one baptism; One God and Father of all ..." .

I believe in "One Lord" . So I do not get your false dichotomy "the Trinity VERSES 'One Lord' " . This seems a false dichotomy to me.

Maybe your problem is with what some call tritheism - a belief in three Gods.

You are not going to convince me and I will not try to convince you.
    Again, please let's simply agree to disagree, there are better things to focus on.

Okay my brother. Okay. But please don't expect me to embrace a false dichotomy - "All who speak of the Triune God do not have 'One Lord' !" .

I just won't accept false accusation that Trinity is against "One Lord". So I'm puzzled why you pull this false alarm every time the Trinity is mentioned.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 13:24
    Here's the deal.

When living things or life is mentioned in Genesis you can get a lot from understanding that divine life of God Himself is mentioned. Now I don't mean God in Himself. I mean God dispensed INTO man.

Now on the third day we have the dry land come up from underneath the waters. Why on the THIRD day ? Why didn't this happen on the second or fourth day.

Come on now. This is a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day. Didn't you realize that Jesus Christ is so very central to the whole divine revelation ?

The dry land coming up on the THIRD day points to the resurrection of Jesus. And it is because of the resurrection of Jesus men and women can receive the DIVINE life which is God Himself. We were born naturally with the natural life - the life of Adam. We are reborn through the resurrection of Jesus Christ and God imparts the Divine life into us - to be born again.

Right here - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has regenerated us unto a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead ..." ( 1 Peter 1:3)

Now when you read Genesis 1:9,10 - "And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth ..." I hope you'll remember the symbol of Christ the Son of God rising from the dead that all who believe into Him might be regenerated with new divine life.

Amen.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 13:33
    You know we are so very use to understanding from science that life originated in the water - perhaps in the ocean.

Put that aside and think what the Bible says. It mentions first the dry land came up from underneath the waters. And after that LIFE is mentioned as the grass on the dry land.

The science of it is not my point. In the previous post I showed that the dry land coming up from beneath the water was a symbol of the resurrection of Christ. The first mention of life, the is the symbol of the divine life spring within man FROM the resurrection of Christ from the dead.

"and God said, Let the earth sprout grass, herbs yeilding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit according to their kind with their seed in them upon the earth; and it was so." (Genesis 1:11)

The dry land comes up out from the dead waters.
    The land sprouts with a low level of unconscious life, yet life nonetheless.

There is a progression. There is the resurrection symbol. And then there are three kinds of low level life. This is life with no consciousness. It is life though - grass, herbs, fruit trees.

When we are born again by believing into Christ sometimes we are not yet aware of it. Something imperceptible may shine into us. At first we may be unconscious of the change within us. We have God in us as life. But we are not very conscious of this often.

Sometimes it is not like that. You call on Jesus Christ as your Lord and WHAMO! you know you'll never be the same.

Other times you may just READ a post or a verse. And something within says "I believe that". Maybe Jesus - Who is so willing to save men - will come into your believing heart. This is like the grass - living but not very conscious.

Any way what we have in Genesis is the resurrection of Jesus seen in the dry land coming up, and a steady progression of higher and higher and higher levels of life.

Praise the Lord. I mean really praise the Lord !
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 16:22
    Originally posted by sonship
    Checkbaiter,

You certainly have my respect. Now you wrote this:

[quote] I respectfully disagree with you on this. But I just want to move on, if you choose to believe in a triune God, I do not judge you, just give me the same respect.
    I have been debating this topic for over 30 years. I believe I have heard all the arguments, and they have done ...[text shortened]... One Lord"
    . So I'm puzzled why you pull this false alarm every time the Trinity is mentioned.[/b]
    I am at work, so not much time, I believe in one God, the creator of all, one Lord, Jesus, God's created son. Jesus, because of his obedience, (unlike the first Adam) was created in the womb of a virgin.
    He did not inherit the sin nature, just like the first Adam. He did not grasp the title of God like Lucifer tried. Instead he humbled himself and was rewarded as Lord over the church which is his body.
    He has the position Lucifer had, and much more.
    If you want scripture reference it will have to wait...
    But like I said, I am not interested in pursuing this any longer...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree