1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 20:00
    Robbie, your Watchtower organization has:

1.) Made Christ the Son of God an arch angel and not God incarnate.

2.) Made the Word Who was with God and was God, some OTHER God.

3.) Made the Holy Spirit a non-living force.

The sins of Christiandom do not justify the creation of these heretical teachings.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 20:17
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Robbie, your Watchtower organization has:

1.) Made Christ the Son of God an arch angel and not God incarnate.

2.) Made the Word Who was with God and was God, some OTHER God.

3.) Made the Holy Spirit a non-living force.

The sins of Christiandom do not justify the creation of these heretical teachings.
    the organisation is Jehovahs witnesses, the watchtower is a magazine, the watchtower and bible tract society, a legal entity.

1.Christendom has killed millions, enemies and each other, we have killed no one, do not participate in wars.

2. Christendom has committed acts of genocide, against its enemies and each other, we have committed no acts of genocide.

3. Christendoms religious leaders are greedy and corrupt, living licentiously on the proceeds, fleeced from their flocks, the ministers of Jehovahs witnesses are non salaried freely giving of their own time and energy to further the preaching of Gods Kingdom

tell me Jaywill, what sharing does light have with darkness, Christ with Satan, Jehovahs Witnesses with Christendom.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 20:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

tell me Jaywill, what sharing does light have with darkness, Christ with Satan, Jehovahs Witnesses with Christendom.
    And ......

Jews with Gentiles
    Right with Wrong
    Good with Evil.
    Saint of God with children of Satan 😀
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    And ......

Jews with Gentiles
    Right with Wrong
    Good with Evil.
    Saint of God with children of Satan 😀
    Or,

Raj with truth and
    Manny with facts
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:22
    no, its not obfuscated, in fact, i think its perfectly obvious what the term Christendom means. It refers to those institutions which claim to be Christian, i mean all you had to do was type in, Christendom definition to a search engine and your ignorance would have dissipated and your claim of successful obfuscation would have melted before your ve ...[text shortened]... rest you to see it exposed, then i suggest you feel your bum to make sure you are still alive!
    Okay, firstly, what's wrong with actually using one's own knowledge and brain for a change - yes, I can use my computer to do all the thinking for me, butI actually have a brain and can use it. I'm not anti search engine or anti web or anything like that of course, but why is it that the default position for so many here seems to be the web or google or wikipedia or whatever is the fount of all knowledge and we should defer to that.
    Secondly, of course I realise that I can find a definition for a term. I was interested in what you were meaning, not anyone else. It was after all, your post.
    Thirdly, I'm not excusing or rationalising away murder and genocide and torture and terrorism by saying 'so what?'. I think these are as despicable as any normal feeling person. I'm merely suggesting that these things are, and have been, a part of human interactions with other humans - especially when we group together into societies, nations and other larger organisations. Churches and religions are used to help facilitate these groupings and can, and have been used, to justify and promote many abuses. But singling out Christians does nothing to reduce these abuses.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:333 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Okay, firstly, what's wrong with actually using one's own knowledge and brain for a change - yes, I can use my computer to do all the thinking for me, butI actually have a brain and can use it. I'm not anti search engine or anti web or anything like that of course, but why is it that the default position for so many here seems to be the web or google or wik and promote many abuses. But singling out Christians does nothing to reduce these abuses.
    oh excuse me, i did not realise that i was supposed to be a mind reader as well.

Pointing out their iniquities serves the purpose of bringing to the fore their murderous past and makes sure that one should not forget what they have done. Should we forget the holocaust because it does nothing to bring back those who were innocently murdered, no? well what are you talking about?

they claim to be following 'the prince of peace', where is the proof?
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:481 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    no i just dont suffer fools gladly nor do i take kindly to verbal abuse, remove the statement or i will have the moderator remove it for you, and for your information, what are we supposed to do, hold a party and set out balloons and boxes of butterflies to celebrate their iniquity. Why do i bring it up, i tell you and all you have is that I ignore the abuses of others, get a job as a fire extinguisher or something for you sure can foam at the mouth!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 21:581 edit
    no i just dont suffer fools gladly nor do i take kindly to verbal abuse, remove the statement or i will have the moderator remove it for you, and for your information, what are we supposed to do, hold a party and set out balloons and boxes of butterflies to celebrate their iniquity. Why do i bring it up, i tell you and all you have is that I ignore ...[text shortened]... ses of others, get a job as a fire extinguisher or something for you sure can foam at the mouth!
    thank you Mr Moderator!
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 22:11
    the organisation is Jehovahs witnesses, the watchtower is a magazine, the watchtower and bible tract society, a legal entity.

1.Christendom has killed millions, enemies and each other, we have killed no one, do not participate in wars.

2. Christendom has committed acts of genocide, against its enemies and each other, we have committed no acts ...[text shortened]... sharing does light have with darkness, Christ with Satan, Jehovahs Witnesses with Christendom.
    ==============================
    =================================

Jehovah's Witnesses are part of Christiandom. They are not a part of the church.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 22:144 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    =================================

Jehovah's Witnesses are part of Christiandom. They are not a part of the church.[/b]
    wrong we have absolutely nothing to do with Christendom and have tried in every way to distance ourselves from it. we have killed no one, we have not participated in any war, nor committed acts of genocide, have we? i myself would think twice even before i did work on a church building, in fact, i would probably decline lest anyone thought i was affiliated with that organisation. There is a chess club near my home, i wanted to attend, when i found out it was held in a church hall, i was pained and desisted from attending.
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 22:21
    no i just dont suffer fools gladly nor do i take kindly to verbal abuse, remove the statement or i will have the moderator remove it for you, and for your information, what are we supposed to do, hold a party and set out balloons and boxes of butterflies to celebrate their iniquity. Why do i bring it up, i tell you and all you have is that I ignore ...[text shortened]... ses of others, get a job as a fire extinguisher or something for you sure can foam at the mouth!
    Oh boo hoo. Get over yourself for a change.
    And speaking of not suffering fools, how's that going for you?

No, I'm not suggesting we hold a party. I would rather that we were able to remove this one particular justification for hatred and abuse - religion. But that isn't going to happen is it, so singling one particular religion or group of religions out seems to be be pretty pointless.
    And as I said earlier, you're certainly not saying anything new.
    Are you as equally strident against islam, judaism, and other faiths? What about nazism, fascism, communism and other ideologies? The root of the atrocities you decry is the abuse of power which comes in many forms. Are you railing against this?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 22:272 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    Oh boo hoo. Get over yourself for a change.
    And speaking of not suffering fools, how's that going for you?

No, I'm not suggesting we hold a party. I would rather that we were able to remove this one particular justification for hatred and abuse - religion. But that isn't going to happen is it, so singling one particular religion or group of religions o ies you decry is the abuse of power which comes in many forms. Are you railing against this?
    this thread is specifically about Christendom, their legacy, their atrocities, their crimes, their claims. i have ignored no ones abuses. Christendoms claims are so many, their crimes so far reaching that i may be here a while, feel free to start your own thread.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 23:041 edit
    Have they lived up to their claim of being followers of the Prince of Peace?

Two world wars started in the realm of so-called Christian nations. “Christian” political leaders resorted to arms in 1914 and 1939, and the clergy in all contending nations gave their blessing.

The Columbia History of the World states regarding World War I: “Truth wa ...[text shortened]... search for peace.”

beating their swords into ploughshares for almost two thousand years.????
    I will just say that this is what happens when people succumb to statism. Christiandom has learned the hard lesson of creating theocracies and having the populace told what God wishes instead of pursuing God himself. In short, anyone who trusts fallen man above a holy God will continue to be used as their tool. Unfortunatly, the Muslim world has not learned this hard lesson.

Having said that, I have to say Robbie I must cry fowl. After all, the JW's have been around for only about a century or so as where Christians have been around far longer. After all, Charles Russell started the whole thing in the 1870's
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 23:05
    wrong we have absolutely nothing to do with Christendom and have tried in every way to distance ourselves from it. we have killed no one, we have not participated in any war, nor committed acts of genocide, have we? i myself would think twice even before i did work on a church building, in fact, i would probably decline lest anyone thought i was af ...[text shortened]... attend, when i found out it was held in a church hall, i was pained and desisted from attending.
    ==================================
    wrong we have absolutely nothing to do with Christendom and have tried in every way to distance ourselves from it.
    ===================================

I think it is arguable. Jehovah's Witnesses come to the doorstep and enthusiastically try to affirm that they are indeed Christians.

"Oh we believe in Jesus Christ" they heartily say before the indoctrination begins. Are you sure you're not a part of Christiandom then ? Christiandom includes religious people who do not believe in the Trinity, and who do not regard Jesus as divine or as God incarnate.

Christiandom, I think, would include Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Way International, Oneness Pentcostals (who definitely deny the Trinity), the YMCA (who knows what they believe?).

Maybe I would say Moslems are not a part of Christiandom. Maybe I would say Bahai is not a part of Christiandom. But these faiths do not try to state that the New Testament is their foundational teaching of faith.

Christiandom would include groups as diverse as Quakers who would not have a "Reverend" as a congregation leader. It would also include Plymouth Brethren who would refuse to have a clergy / laity system. It would include Christian groups who do not have crosses or do not celebrate Christmas or Easter. It would include some denomination who do not regard creeds of church history as the final word in faith but Scripture alone. It would include people who worship Mary and people who consider Christ a guru of eastern meditation.

It is a big big mixture. And in my opinion it would include Jehovah's Witnesses.

I would put Mormons in Christiandom. And I think JWs are also part of Christiandom.

Now let is look at a passage I think tells us about this Christiandom matter -

"However the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, the Lord knows those who are His. and, Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.

But in a great house there are not only gold and silver vessels but also wooden and earthen; and some are unto honor, and some unto dishonor.

If therefore anyone cleanse himself from these, he will be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, useful to the master, prepared unto every good work." ( 2 Timothy 2:20,21)

The question here is "What is the great house? " We should not say that the "great house" because then we would have to say some vessels in the church are ordained to dishonor. I think this should not be true.

But the "great house" has honorable vessels and vessels unto dishonor. Honorable vessels are constituted with gold which symbolizes the divine nature. And they also consist of vessels of "silver" which should symbolize the redemption of Christ. So gold and silver vessels must represent genuine believers born of the divine nature in regeneration and redeemed in Christ's redemption.

The great house also consists of vessels of a dishonorable nature - vessels of wood and earth which I think stands for the fallen human nature. So the great house includes genuine Christians and false Christians.

It is a "great house" because it is a large and worldwide house as ChristianDOM is.

==================================
    we have killed no one, we have not participated in any war, nor committed acts of genocide, have we? i myself would think twice even before i did work on a church building, in fact, i would probably decline lest anyone thought i was affiliated with that organisation. There is a chess club near my home, i wanted to attend, when i found out it was held in a church hall, i was pained and desisted from attending.
    ======================================

I cannot comment on this at this time. But distancing yourself from Christiandom's errors is one matter. Concocting heretical beliefs and purporting them to be what the New Testament really teaches is another.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree