Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
11 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Do you always say "Who knows?" when it gets down to critical factors of history?

When most historians of all persuasions agree that Jesus was executed by the Romans, does shrugging "Who know?" somehow reinforce your wanting to be non-committal about the claims of Jesus Christ?
Do you believe Muslim historians agree Jesus was executed by the Romans, or are you discounting them?

F

Moves
11 Nov 17
1 edit

I don't believe "stuff." I know that Christ lives in me.
You believe stuff about Christ. My neighbour believes stuff. I believe stuff. You say you somehow "don't believe stuff". Of course you do. We all believe stuff. So answer my question.

F

Moves
11 Nov 17

When most historians of all persuasions agree that Jesus was executed by the Romans, does shrugging "Who know?" somehow reinforce your wanting to be non-committal about the claims of Jesus Christ?
We have talked many times about this. I do not doubt the histriocity of Jesus. You know this full well. You are trolling. Answer my question.

F

Moves
11 Nov 17

I don't believe "stuff." I know that Christ lives in me.
And it will continue to seem "peculiar" to you.
You're trolling, sonship. Dishonestly. You know full well, because I have told you, that many of the people I love in this world are believers in Christ. I respect their beliefs. But you are different. You are hard to respect, sonship. You are so casually dishonest in almost every conversation. You know full well I do not find you "peculiar" because you believe in Christ. You know full well I am describing your evasion an dodging and deflections as "peculiar". But you misrepresent what I said, What I wrote is clear. People can read it. What makes you the way you are? Like another poster said, you are like a parody.

F

Moves
11 Nov 17

It is no secret that the Christian walks by faith and not by sight.
it is no secret that Christ makes His home in our hearts through faith.

Don't feel sorry for us.
Everybody will eventually trust someone.

Whether that someone will come through or not ... is the issue.
We believe that Jesus will. His track record convinces us that He will again be faithful.
Is this supposed to be any kind of answer to my question about "Christian morals"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
11 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Do you believe Muslim historians agree Jesus was executed by the Romans, or are you discounting them?
I don't know that much about Muslim historians.
I do know that a standard Muslim belief is that Jesus was not crucified but someone else was in His place. I think that that is what the Quran of Mohammed teaches.

Muslim teachers simply could not believe that a prophet would be crucified. So they teach, I believe, that Christ was taken up to heaven by God (he's just a good prophet to them). And someone ELSE died on that cross instead of Christ.

Do you believe that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Nov 17

I do know that a standard Muslim belief is that Jesus was not crucified but someone else was in His place. I think that that is what the Quran of Mohammed teaches.

Muslim teachers simply could not believe that a prophet would be crucified. So they teach, I believe, that Christ was taken up to heaven by God ...[text shortened]... prophet to them). And someone ELSE died on that cross instead of Christ.

Do you believe that?
This thread is possibly nearing its end but it’s been an another interesting insight into how you will go to any length to avoid answering a spot on topic question about your particular beliefs.

Moves
12 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
This thread is possibly nearing its end but it’s been an another interesting insight into how you will go to any length to avoid answering a spot on topic question about your particular beliefs.
That’s rich coming from you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
That’s rich coming from you.
I’m really not interested in you, your trolling nor your pinhole perspectives Fetchmybecker.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
12 Nov 17

Muslim teachers simply could not believe that a prophet would be crucified. So they teach, I believe, that Christ was taken up to heaven by God ...[text shortened]... prophet to them). And someone ELSE died on that cross instead of Christ.

Do you believe that?
Are you asking if i'm a practising Muslim?

Moves
12 Nov 17

I’m really not interested in you, your trolling nor your pinhole perspectives Fetchmybecker.
Sonship is probably also not interested in you, your trolling and your own pinhole perspectives. So if that's a good enough reason for you to avoid answering my questions I guess it's a good enough reason for him to avoid answering yours.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Sonship is probably also not interested in you, your trolling and your own pinhole perspectives. So if that's a good enough reason for you to avoid answering my questions I guess it's a good enough reason for him to avoid answering yours.
If you have another question (you used the plural) for me other than “is FMF a follower of Satan?”, which neither you nor sonship have the courage to answer inequivocally, but I will as soon as you do...then please ask away.

Moves
12 Nov 17

If you have another question (you used the plural) for me other than “is FMF a follower of Satan?”, which neither you nor sonship have the courage to answer inequivocally, but I will as soon as you do...then please ask away.
You dodged quite a few on this thread:

https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/how-does-the-shifting-of-moral-principles-affect-the-christian-church-today.174681

E

Moves
12 Nov 17

No such thing as generically christian morals.

People who claim the title christian can have totally different sets of beliefs about right and wrong.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Nov 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Are you asking if i'm a practising Muslim?
No. Just asking if you believe that historians' theory.

My experience is that some people like to remain non-committal either way.
When it comes to Christ, aloofness and apathy is the safest reaction of some folks.

Ie. "Everything concerning Jesus, is of no significance to me."