Christian morals

Christian morals

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17
2 edits

Do any of you recall my thread on Prayreading the word of God?
Practical ways to get into the Spirit of Christ.

Any recall threads on CALLING on the name of the Lord Jesus (mightily opposed by Rajk999 for mouth worship) ? Again, practical help on enjoying Christ for the supply to live by Him.

Any recall helps on READING the word of God?
Help too, practically, on getting daily spiritual nourishment.

My threads on the big picture are for over all governing vision.
Proverbs says that without a vision the people run wild.
My threads on the big picture of God's eternal purpose are for a governing vision to callibrate the believer in his daily walk.

Don't take too seriously FMF's complaint - "This Atheist got nothing practical from you about being a Christian." [paraphrased]

F

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sonship
Do any of you recall my thread on [b]Prayreading the word of God?
Practical ways to get into the Spirit of Christ.[/b]
Yes I do. It was dogmatic waffle. "Prayreading" is a variant of 'thinking stuff'. It is not action, it is not works, it's not practical.

F

Moves
17 Nov 17

A second look at this comment.

[quote] Whenever there are threads where you could talk about Christian action, Christian works, Christian real life etc. etc. you are conspicuously absent or you roll up and wax monologularily about what you think about yourself and what you think about various beings - angels, demons, deities - and your own immortality. [ ...[text shortened]... is exaggeration.

Go find the last 20 threads started by me sonship and check it for yourself.
More stuff about thinking stuff. Nothing about doing stuff.

F

Moves
17 Nov 17

First you have to RECEIVE Christ.
Then you have to learn to LIVE through and by this One.
That is NEW. That is a NEW WAY to live.
It takes time.
Still just you thinking stuff about 'thinking stuff'. How much time will it take for you to actually talk about living and about the "ways" of a Christian? What things do Christians DO?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17

Praying is about exercising that part of your being which can touch and substantiate God.
Praying with the word is assuring that your prayers are really according to His will.

Folks, the practical advice of the Paul is to take in the word of God by means of ALL prayer. That is praying WITH and BY and along the line of God's word.

"And receive the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which Spirit is the word of God,
By means of all prayer and petition, praying at every time in spirit and watching unto this in all perserverance and petition concerning all saints." (Eph. 6:17,18)

In this very practical section of the book of Ephesians about putting on the whole armor of God, Paul exhorts Christians to:

1.) Take the helmet of salvation to protect the MIND.
2.) Take the WORD of GOD as an offensive sword of the Spirit.
3.) Take that SWORD of the Spirit by means of all prayer.

This is to pray with and pray over the word of God.
This word of God makes the Holy Spirit handle-able.

The Holy Spirit is quite abstract. But the word of God one can handle and grasp (so to speak). The word of God then is called "the sword of the Spirit". This is the one offensive item in the whole armor of God. All the other items are defensive.

What does this mean that that word of God is offensive? What does it mean that we can weld the sword of the Spirit which Spirit is the word of God? This means that we can defeat temptation by means of the word of God welded in prayer.
We can be equiped to serve and live by means of welding the word of God prayerfully.

Paul knew how to sustain one's faith and intimate fellowship with the Spirit of God. So Paul also says the Christian should let the word of God dwell in him richly.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in your richly in all wisdom ..." (Col. 3:16a)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17
1 edit

The Holy Spirit is Christ in a form in which He can enter into the innermost part of a man's spiritual being.

The Holy Spirit is rather abstract. But the WORD of God is something one can grasp in a most concrete way. To mix the word of God with prayer is to get a HANDLE on the Holy Spirit if done well.

So the word of God is called by the Apostle Paul - "the sword of the Spirit".

I have often shown readers how a good prayer can bring them into the thing which I am encouraging them to get into. Did I not even write out a good example of how to pray many times?

The whole Bible is a prayer book. To store up the words of God in your heart is a way to be strengthened against temptation. So says the Psalmist:

"In my heart have I treasured up Your word that I might not sin against You." (Psalm 119:11)

If there is one passage along this line in Scripture there are a thousand.
We can stay in touch with the living God by musing on His word, praying over His word, singing even His word, speaking His word, contemplating and meditating on His precious promises.

It is through the precious promises that the believer can participate in the divine nature of God.

"Through which He has granted to us precious and exceedingly great promises the through these you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." (2 Pet. 1:4)

In the heat of the temptation of lust I have been rescued many times by speaking with a praying spirit something of the words of the Bible.

Man shall not live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17

David advises much along the same as Paul.

"With what should a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it arroding to Your word." (Psalm 119:9)

The believer has to have something more than his own thoughts as a natural man to contemplate. His own thoughts will usually leave him into some kind of darkness spiritually.

To prayer over the pure word of God is to guard your way. It is to have a lamp to your path. It is a way to weld the sword of the Spirit, the two edged sword to cut the evil spirit out and thrust away from yourself the tempter.

In serving the word of God is good to be ingested and prayed over.
In living day by day the word of God is nourishing to the spiritual being.

Peter says to LONG for the pure milk of the word of God in order to GROW spiritually.
This is practical.
You start every day in the word of God with prayer for a good strengthening breakfast for living.

Long for the guileless milk of the word of God, says Peter.

" As newborn babes, long for the guileless milk of the word in order that by it you may grow unto salvation,

If you have tasted that the Lord is good." (2 Pet. 2:2,3)

Lots of talk and conversations are full of tricks and guile and mischief. The word of God is called GUILELESS. It is pure. Take it to BE pure by means of praying over it.

This is practical and listening to the village atheist will do little to nothing to help you to draw close to God - a God whom the atheist refuses to acknowledge.

So praying with the words of the Bible fortifies faith and strengthens the spiritual walk.
Its good for all manner of human responsibilities and practical duties of daily living.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
17 Nov 17

Praying is about exercising that part of your being which can touch and substantiate God....
Substantiate? Band-aids on bullet holes.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
17 Nov 17

I don't ask "What would Jesus do?"
I do seek to know "What is Jesus DOING" in various personal situations.
Ah. Point at this Jesus. Basic communication skills.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Nov 17

[b] And there you go elevating and conflating your little religious soundbite to being the “New Testament salvation”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that many and maybe most Christians consider a verse like Galatians 2:20 to be a crucial aspect of Christian livi ...[text shortened]... n delivery.

But the grace of God and Christ living in the Christian is not just my soundbite.[/b]
As I said in the other thread; sometimes you just come across as a conceited ass.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @apathist
Substantiate? Band-aids on bullet holes.
"Band-aids" which have kept the Christian church surviving for 20 centuries, fad boy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
As I said in the other thread; sometimes you just come across as a conceited ass.
Here's a good passage to pray read too.

"Blessed are you when they reproach and persecute you, and while speaking lies, say every evil thing against you.

Rejoice and exult, for your reward is great in the heavens, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matt. 5:11,12)

Wonderful promises.
Precious promises.

And another -

"If you are reproached for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you." (1 Pet. 4:14)

How good it is to mix the word with faith and to mix the word with our prayer.

And another still.

"And indeed all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." ( 2 Tim. 3:12)

All excellent and precious words to turn over in our hearts in the exercise of our praying spirit. Amen.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Nov 17
3 edits

"Blessed are you when they reproach and persecute you, and while speaking lies, say every evil thing against you.”
It’s interesting that you think I’m persecuting you and telling lies when all I’m doing is commenting on what you have actually written here yourself.

Your reputation for pious religious superiority proceeds you only by the JWs, who incidentally, also protested that challenges to their behaviour in here was “persecution” due to them speaking “the truth”.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Nov 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s interesting that you think I’m persecuting you and telling lies when all I’m doing is commenting on what you have actually written here yourself.

Your reputation for pious religious superiority proceeds you only by the JWs, who incidentally, also protested that challenges to their behaviour in here was “persecution” due to them speaking “the truth”.
You're upset with a little messenger.

Look, this is easy. You don't want me to write about Christians under persecution - just don't paint yourself into a corner by writing nasty things about Christians merely relating biblical concepts.

Seems simple enough to me. Stop walking into the stupid trap of detractor yourself.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Nov 17

You're upset with a little messenger.
Who is it you think you are carrying a message from?