Christian neutrality

Christian neutrality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you "WANT" to see signs that the end of the world is night, and you "can't wait" for the world to end, and you are "happy" about it, and - lo and behold - you "see" exactly what you "WANT". Can you see what might be going on here in your own mind?
My mind is crystal clear on what I see. But Jesus said MOST would not. Are you in that group?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
My mind is crystal clear on what I see. But Jesus said MOST would not. Are you in that group?
I am positive and optimistic about the state of the world. You don't see me quoting political talk radio and YouTube clips in order to communicate my world view.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why doesn't he focus on all the amazing things we have achieved? all the millions of people we have helped overcome all kinds of problems.
Out of those millions, how many hundreds of people - in your 10 years as JW - have you personally converted and drawn into your organisation and helped to overcome problems such as the ones you often mention like drug addictions, prostitution and ethnic strife?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am positive and optimistic about the state of the world. You don't see me quoting political talk radio and YouTube clips in order to communicate my world view.
Well maybe you should be listening. It's your world speaking, not mine.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Out of those millions, how many hundreds of people - in your 10 years as JW - have you personally converted and drawn into your organisation and helped to overcome problems such as the ones you often mention like drug addictions, prostitution and ethnic strife?
Lol. I'm only 10? Try 56 and have been a JW since I was 6. And what I have done in the teaching work is not really any of your concern. Are you my spiritual judge now too?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Lol. I'm only 10?
robbie has been a JW for 10 years, has he not?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
robbie has been a JW for 10 years, has he not?
Sorry i thought that was for me....

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

And what I have done in the teaching work is not really any of your concern.
robbie alluded to "all the millions of people we have helped overcome all kinds of problems". Out of these "millions of people", how many hundreds or (perhaps?) thousands have you converted during your 40 years?

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Are you my spiritual judge now too?
There is perhaps no one on this forum who sets himself up as a "spiritual judge" as ostentatiously as you do, galveston75. You make claims about the morality of your actions and you poor scorn on the moral choices of others. I am questioning your claims that your "Christian neutrality" is morally superior to the actions and principles of those who differ from you. Others will "judge" the validity of what you say.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
There is perhaps no one on this forum who sets himself up as a "spiritual judge" as ostentatiously as you do, galveston75. You make claims about the morality of your actions and you poor scorn on the moral choices of others. I am questioning your claims that your "Christian neutrality" is morally superior to the actions and principles of those who differ from you. Others will "judge" the validity of what you say.
I only comment on ones answers. I am no judge of any human and their relationship with God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
robbie alluded to "all the millions of people we have helped overcome all kinds of problems". Out of these "millions of people", how many hundreds or (perhaps?) thousands have you converted during your 40 years?
uhhh, read my post on that.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

I am no judge of any human and their relationship with God.
Others will be the judge of whether this claim of yours matches your posting record.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

uhhh, read my post on that.
In 40 years, have you converted two hundred people? One hundred people? Fifty? Less than fifty? robbie has made a claim about "millions of people" - and the claim is apparently made in order to suggest it's a superior approach to problems than political approaches - so what has been your contribution to the "millions of people" thing robbie mentioned? It's a fair question.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
In 40 years, have you converted two hundred people? One hundred people? Fifty? Less than fifty? robbie has made a claim about "millions of people" - and the claim is apparently made in order to suggest it's a superior approach to problems than political approaches - so what has been your contribution to the "millions of people" thing robbie mentioned? It's a fair question.
I guess robbie must be the only one converting anyone to the JWs if his count alone is in the millions. Or perhaps I misunderstand.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

According to 2009 Report of Jehovah's Witnesses Worldwide

Grand Total (236 Lands) 276,233 were baptized.

http://www.watchtower.org/statistics/worldwide_report.htm