Christian neutrality

Christian neutrality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I guess robbie must be the only one converting anyone to the JWs if his count alone is in the millions. Or perhaps I misunderstand.
No you don't misunderstand, you're just trying to be funny. robbie is apparently referring to the total number of JWs. Which raises the question: are the only problems he seeks to solve in the world those of JWs? If JWs' problems persist, do any of them get disfellowshipped?

Moves
06 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
...And what I have done in the teaching work is not really any of your concern. Are you my spiritual judge now too?
How interesting that you think this way.

Do you remember robbie haranguing me in several threads some time back, to understand “what my ministry (good works) was”?

Based on your comment here, do you feel he was correct in doing so, or is it just non JWs who are not permitted to question you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by divegeester
How interesting that you think this way.

Do you remember robbie haranguing me in several threads some time back, to understand “what my ministry (good works) was”?

Based on your comment here, do you feel he was correct in doing so, or is it just non JWs who are not permitted to question you?
He asked you that not me.

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
He asked you that not me.
I know he did. You chastised FMF for questioning the fruits of your ministry, you asked him if "he was your spiritual judge" and that it was not his concern what your works were.

Based on your strong opinion on this matter I am now asking you if you think robbie was correct to challenge me over and over and over about my works and ministry?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
No you don't misunderstand, you're just trying to be funny. robbie is apparently referring to the total number of JWs. Which raises the question: are the only problems he seeks to solve in the world those of JWs? If JWs' problems persist, do any of them get disfellowshipped?
Do you think I would make a good comedian?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

According to 2009 Report of Jehovah's Witnesses Worldwide

Grand Total (236 Lands) 276,233 were baptized.

http://www.watchtower.org/statistics/worldwide_report.htm
Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death 19,374,737
Total volunteer hours spent in public Bible educational work 1,707,094,710
Average monthly home Bible courses taught 8,490,746
Practicing members* 7,659,019
Increase over 2010 2.4%
New members baptized in 2011 263,131
Branch offices 98
Congregations 109,403

* While other religious groups count their membership by occasional or annual
attendance, this figure reflects only those who are actively involved in the public
Bible educational work.

http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article41.htm#membership

we are beautiful.

Moves
06 Nov 12

I know he did. You chastised FMF for questioning the fruits of your ministry, you asked him if "he was your spiritual judge" and that it was not his concern what your works were.

Based on [b]your
strong opinion on this matter I am now asking you if you think robbie was correct to challenge me over and over and over about my works and ministry?[/b]
Galveston, it's obvious therefore that you disagreed with robbie's approach towards me in those threads, what a pity you didn't stand up to be counted; then again you guys don't do that do you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death 19,374,737
Total volunteer hours spent in public Bible educational work 1,707,094,710
Average monthly home Bible courses taught 8,490,746
Practicing members* 7,659,019
Increase over 2010 2.4%
New members baptized in 2011 263,131
Branch offices 98
Congregations 109,403

* While other ...[text shortened]... ucational work.

http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/article41.htm#membership

we are beautiful.
How are the Jehovah's Witnesses on charitable giving?

Mitt Romney is reported to give 10% to his church.

Among non-Mormon people of faith in the United States, evangelical Protestants and Pentecostals tend to give the highest percentage of their income to charity, Catholics close to the lowest. “Nonreligious Americans are generally the least generous,” said Christian Smith, a professor of sociology at the University of Notre Dame. “Any religion makes you more likely to engage in voluntary financial giving.” President Obama, a Protestant whose most recent church membership was a mainline congregation, Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, gave relatively little to charity a decade ago, but steadily increased his giving as he became more prominent and donated 14 percent of his income in 2010; Newt Gingrich, a onetime Southern Baptist who converted to Catholicism in 2009, gave 2.6 percent of his 2010 income to charity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/sunday-review/religions-inspire-charity.html

Small Church Gives 100 Percent of Tithe to Needy for a Year

http://www.christianpost.com/news/small-church-gives-100-percent-of-tithe-to-needy-for-a-year-78154/

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

How are the Jehovah's Witnesses on charitable giving?

Mitt Romney is reported to give 10% to his church.

Among non-Mormon people of faith in the United States, evangelical Protestants and Pentecostals tend to give the highest percentage of their income to charity, Catholics close to the lowest. “Nonreligious Americans are generally the least generous,” ...[text shortened]... e to charity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/sunday-review/religions-inspire-charity.html
gives 10 percent to his church, bwhahaha, is that after he has shipped the majority of it offshore to a tax haven and to China, LOL.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

The Percentage of Donated Money Charities give to the Poor

http://www.africaw.com/forum/f2/the-percentage-of-donated-money-charities-give-to-t2479/

CEO of UNICEF makes around 2 million dollars a year.
CEO of American Cancer Society makes about 1.3 million dollars every single year.
CEOs of charity organizations such as the Salvation Army make around 130,000 dollars every year.

If a charity organization makes 100,000 a year and pays the CEO 50,000 and other members 40,000 then it remains only 10,000 for the poor. And even the 10,000 I am not sure the poor will get all the 10,000 because transportation and other expenses cut in too. So at the end of the day, the poor gets almost nothing out of your donations which is very sad.

The Following is a comment from a Forum poster about the above article:

I remember one Sunday afternoon we had nothing to do so we were sitting under one mango tree in our compound and a Jehovah witness came to share the word of God with us. These days there are so many Jehovah witnesses in Africa. My granfather was sitting quietly in his wooden chair as if he was not listening to the discussion I was having with the Jehovah witness. We were talking about tithe and the importance of paying your tithe. Towards the end of the discussion my grandfather cleared his throat and said “there is more blessing in paying your tithe to the poor on the street who has nothing at all to eat than putting the tithe in the Church’s collection bowl” and he was right.
These days Church is a business in Africa and most pastors in Africa have mansions and big cars while some of the members go hungry every single day with nothing at all to eat. Most of these pastors do no other job than preaching the word of God which means the money we put in the collection bowl is the same money building those beautiful mansions and buying those expensive cars for the Pastors whereas the poor goes hungry with nothing at all to eat.

So if you can then it is better to give to the poor directly rather than giving to some charity organizations. In Africa, beggars and disabled people mostly sit by the streets and beg for alms especially on Sundays. If I have change in my pocket I try to give some to the poor by the streets and anytime I give the change to the poor on the street I feel good inside me because I believe I have done something good although very little. I don’t think there is any blessing in donating thousands of dollars to charity organizations if your money doesn’t reach the poor.

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12

The Percentage of Donated Money Charities give to the Poor

http://www.africaw.com/forum/f2/the-percentage-of-donated-money-charities-give-to-t2479/

CEO of UNICEF makes around 2 million dollars a year.
CEO of American Cancer Society makes about 1.3 million dollars every single year.
CEOs of charity organizations such as the Salvation Army make around ...[text shortened]... in donating thousands of dollars to charity organizations if your money doesn’t reach the poor.
why are you telling me this jive turkey talk, we don't tithe, we never have, we don't
take collections and our elders don't get paid, neither do we.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
06 Nov 12

Based on [b]your
strong opinion on this matter I am now asking you if you think robbie was correct to challenge me over and over and over about my works and ministry?[/b]
He must have felt he was or I'm sure he wouldn't have asked it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

why are you telling me this jive turkey talk, we don't tithe, we never have, we don't
take collections and our elders don't get paid, neither do we.
I guess they just want poor people in Africa to tithe then, huh?

rc

Moves
06 Nov 12
1 edit

I guess they just want poor people in Africa to tithe then, huh?
we don't tithe, never have. perhaps you would be better getting your information from a more accurate source, like jw.org

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Nov 12

we don't tithe, never have. perhaps you would be better getting your information from a more accurate source, like jw.org
I don't think the Watchtower Society is well known for telling the truth. They also have many false prophecies under their belt. 😏