Christian neutrality

Christian neutrality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Isn't there there any causes that a Christian should be willing to kill for?
not that I am aware of no but I am sure you will think of some imaginary hypothetical scene.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by galveston75
They do not understand these scriptures on neutrality so no matter what we say, they will never understand us.
If they understood those scriptures, they would not be continually asking us to explain our biblical stand on this and they would "get it".
I rather think the problem lies with you being unable to explain coherently the "morality" of being politically neutral about issues of right and wrong, being unable to speak out or act in political way to oppose or change what some might describe as "evil". Rather than standing up for something, you seem to be just waiting for the End of the World.

Your stance seems to be one of impotence, negativity, misanthropy and cop-out, rather than something principled or "moral". Your reference to the scriptures seems vague and obtuse. You clearly have internalized some instructions that you believe amount to a "moral" position, but why can't you show how that "moral behaviour" applies to anyone other than yourself?

In fact, I think I understand you very well. But if you are convinced that my understanding is the difficulty here, why not have a go at explaining the moral substance of your stance rather then resorting to flimsy victimhood-esque assertions about people not understanding you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
I rather think the problem lies with you being unable to explain coherently the "morality" of being politically neutral about issues of right and wrong, being unable to speak out or act in political way to oppose or change what some might describe as "evil". Rather than standing up for something, you seem to be just waiting for the End of the World.

Your stan ...[text shortened]... n resorting to flimsy victimhood-esque assertions about people not understanding you?
Our answers are totally coherent. It is not us that has the problem understanding the bible and it's explinations. It is you that has the problem seeing the answers.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Our answers are totally coherent. It is not us that has the problem understanding the bible and it's explinations. It is you that has the problem seeing the answers.
Explain the moral substance - not the instructions that you want to conform to, but the moral substance - of being politically neutral about issues of right and wrong, being unable to speak out or act in political way to oppose or change what some might describe as "evil".

rc

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Interesting that i know what you profess and you know what i profess yet we have
never met in person, how do you think that is possible if we are both incoherent?
Another absurdity of FMF which cannot stand the test of empirical evidence or logic.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Interesting that i know what you profess and you know what i profess yet we have
never met in person, how do you think that is possible if we are both incoherent?
Another absurdity of FMF which cannot stand the test of empirical evidence or logic.
What is coherent is that you and galveston75 have internalized instructions, robbie. What is incoherent is your attempt to explain the moral substance of following these instructions. Regurgitating the instructions over and over again does not answer the question about the morality of the action you say is demanded by the instructions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Nov 12
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Interesting that i know what you profess and you know what i profess yet we have never met in person, how do you think that is possible if we are both incoherent? Another absurdity of FMF which cannot stand the test of empirical evidence or logic.
FMF and I would certainly disagree on the basis of our individual theism, but I agree with his positons against your organisation and your defence of it. And yet I have never met FMF - how can it be that we agree that you are both wrong on many issues, is it another absurdity of JWs which cannot stand the test of empirical evidence or logic...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Explain the moral substance - not the instructions that you want to conform to, but the moral substance - of being politically neutral about issues of right and wrong, being unable to speak out or act in political way to oppose or change what some might describe as "evil".
Again the scriptures have been shown to you. If you don't understand them, there isn't much Robbie or I can say to you or anyone else to MAKE you understand God's thoughts and laws on on remaing neutral with this worlds issues.
We have given more then enough effort to help you understand God's message to us on this.
I would suggest you pray to him for those answers if you are truly looking for them.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Again the scriptures have been shown to you. If you don't understand them, there isn't much Robbie or I can say to you or anyone else to MAKE you understand God's thoughts and laws on on remaing neutral with this worlds issues.
We have given more then enough effort to help you understand God's message to us on this.
I would suggest you pray to him for those answers if you are truly looking for them.
Once again, I understand that you have internalized instructions based on your interpretation of the scriptures. What you have failed to explain is the moral substance of following these instructions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
Once again, I understand that you have internalized instructions based on your interpretation of the scriptures. What you have failed to explain is the moral substance of following these instructions.
I tried by scripture. Sorry I can't help you with this.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

I tried by scripture. Sorry I can't help you with this.
Actually, I reckon you cannot explain the moral substance of following the instructions. And this is precisely why you have only offered the "I tried by scripture" thing, and used this to avoid addressing the moral question.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Actually, I reckon you cannot explain the moral substance of following the instructions. And this is precisely why you have only offered the "I tried by scripture" thing, and used this to avoid addressing the moral question.
Take the info and do what you want with it but you either get it or you don't. Sorry you don't as I truly wish you did.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Take the info and do what you want with it but you either get it or you don't. Sorry you don't as I truly wish you did.
"Info" about a perceived instruction in a book is not an explanation of anything. If there were genuine moral substance in the action resulting from this instruction, and if it were applicable to all mankind, then you would just offer an explanation of its moral justification. Instead you dodge the issue by claiming you have already explained it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Nov 12

Originally posted by FMF
"Info" about a perceived instruction in a book is not an explanation of anything. If there were genuine moral substance in the action resulting from this instruction, and if it were applicable to all mankind, then you would just offer an explanation of its moral justification. Instead you dodge the issue by claiming you have already explained it.
Well I have as well as Robbie. Sorry you don't see it. I truly wish you did.

F

Moves
14 Nov 12

Well I have as well as Robbie. Sorry you don't see it. I truly wish you did.
No you haven't. You have offered what you call "info". But when asked to explain how you justify personally extrapolating what you do from this "info", and justify its moral underpinning, as opposed to simply establishing that the "info" is written somewhere, you skip straight to saying you have 'already explained it'.