1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 05:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You can call me bigoted when I see entire cultures destroyed by your so-called religion, go ahead, deny that.

You can call me bigoted when I see women not allowed to be in the top ranks of your religion. Go ahead, deny that. How many women popes have there been?

Go ahead and call me bigoted when I see Mormons with 10 wives and said wives are so brain ...[text shortened]... 't WANT the responsibility of leadership'. Yeah right. They are just as duped as you are.
    Ok, you're bigot, now sod off. 😛
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 05:10
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You certainly are a prideful one, aren't you?
    As usual my friend, you're projecting.
    God bless you
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 06:08
    And again you keep ignoring my points. Instead of commenting on them in any meaningful way or asking for clarification, you simply repeat the same misleading accusation over and over again.

You've shown that you're more than willing to take it to the heights of absurdity. Congratulations. You're really something.

You know, if you'd actually try to c ...[text shortened]... ion notwithstanding) - several times in fact. The absurdity of this is truly mindboggling.
    I've been commenting on them in a meaningful way, I'm not misleading, I'm saying
    you are doing exactly what you are claiming others are doing except you are
    doing it to Christians.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 06:122 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I agree with you about the jokes and bigots.
    Kelly
    Hold on there just a second Hoss. Some might say this is a form of bigoty.

Thread 136649

I am not saying I think you're a bigot, Quite to the contary, I enjoyed the post, thought it was quite funny, and clever for an email FWD:fwd

But then if others here see me as a bigot, and I enjoyed it...
    (Between you and I, "others" here have NO sense of humour, and take themselves WAY too seriously!!) (Not to mention any names)

OK they are Vish and To_O
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 07:01
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Hold on there just a second Hoss. Some might say this is a form of bigoty.

Thread 136649

I am not saying I think you're a bigot, Quite to the contary, I enjoyed the post, thought it was quite funny, and clever for an email FWD:fwd

But then if others here see me as a bigot, and I enjoyed it...
    (Between you and I, "others" here have ...[text shortened]... (Not to mention any names)

OK they are Vish and To_O
    I wasn't calling you a bigit.
    Kelly
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 16:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You can call me bigoted when I see entire cultures destroyed by your so-called religion, go ahead, deny that.

You can call me bigoted when I see women not allowed to be in the top ranks of your religion. Go ahead, deny that. How many women popes have there been?

Go ahead and call me bigoted when I see Mormons with 10 wives and said wives are so brain ...[text shortened]... 't WANT the responsibility of leadership'. Yeah right. They are just as duped as you are.
    So, based on your post, would I be correct in assuming that you feel the exact same way towards politics and politicians? They are guilty of some of the same acts you profess to hate. Yet I assume you vote for some of them.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 16:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, based on your post, would I be correct in assuming that you feel the exact same way towards politics and politicians? They are guilty of some of the same acts you profess to hate. Yet I assume you vote for some of them.
    "Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.”
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 17:302 edits
    I've been commenting on them in a meaningful way, I'm not misleading, I'm saying
    you are doing exactly what you are claiming others are doing except you are
    doing it to Christians.
    Kelly
    All anyone need do is pick up our discussion from the following post to know that you have repeatedly avoided addressing the germane points of my posts whilst making misleading statement after misleading statement.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=136632&page=8#post_2595287

This is like trying to have a rational argument with a twelve year old who believes that if he lies enough and denies enough it makes it true. There comes a point where it's evident that it's pointless to continue and we're well past that.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:10
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    [b]Have you read Numbers and Leviticus? because it suppose to be God speaking....but its not God speaking, because God could never speak like that (its silly) and its the words of men ( the Jewish priests) not God.

Your entire post is pure conjecture and demonstrably false.

Jesus Himself quoted from over 24 Old Testament books, including Numbe ...[text shortened]... e law, but he never denied or rejected the authority of the OT (as I demonstrated above).[/b]
    Jesus Himself quoted from over 24 Old Testament books, including Numbers and Leviticus. There is no evidence -- NONE, ZERO, NADA -- that Jesus rejected the Old Testament. On the contrary, Jesus says, "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17). ["Law" here refers to the Torah, which contains the books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.] You're right, Numbers and Leviticus are recognized by the Jews as God-inspired texts, but regardless of whether you believe them to be silly or not, the NT documents clearly show Jesus appealing to their spiritual authority.

Actually there is evidence that Jesus rejected at least part of the OT. If you put your quote from Matthew 5 in context you'll see this to be true.
    Matthew 5
    38“You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Which directly contradicts the following:
    Leviticus 24
    19‘If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him: 20fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

If you put your quote from Matthew 5 into this context, either you have to believe that Jesus contradicted himself or that He was making a point very different than the one you seem to infer.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:38
    All anyone need do is pick up our discussion from the following post to know that you have repeatedly avoided addressing the germane points of my posts whilst making misleading statement after misleading statement.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=136632&page=8#post_2595287

This is like trying to have a rational argument with a ...[text shortened]... re comes a point where it's evident that it's pointless to continue and we're well past that.
    You should stop, and there isn't anything misleading about your attack upon
    Christians in this post. Anyone can read the very first post and see that you
    are showing yourself the very type of person you are trying to condemn.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:461 edit
    You should stop, and there isn't anything misleading about your attack upon
    Christians in this post. Anyone can read the very first post and see that you
    are showing yourself the very type of person you are trying to condemn.
    Kelly
    Once again:

This is like trying to have a rational argument with a twelve year old who believes that if he lies enough and denies enough it makes it true.

Actually if you could be bothered to read and comprehend everything I've posted thus far, you'd know it too.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:50
    Once again:
    [quote]All anyone need do is pick up our discussion from the following post to know that you have repeatedly avoided addressing the germane points of my posts whilst making misleading statement after misleading statement.

This is like trying to have a rat ...[text shortened]... u could be bothered to read and comprehend everything I've posted thus far, you'd know it too.
    Yes, quite correct, we ALL can't comprehend, we're the ones with the problem. 🙄
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 18:56
    Yes, quite correct, we ALL can't comprehend, we're the ones with the problem. 🙄
    What do you know? A visit from Mr Straw Man himself right on cue. It must be a terrible thing to be so enslaved by ones own ego. "The truth will make you free".
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 19:01
    What do you know? A visit from Mr Straw Man himself right on cue. It must be a terrible thing to be so enslaved by ones own ego. "The truth will make you free".
    You look the truth in the eye, and call it a lie. You're blind. but God can heal that if you ask Him.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Dec '10 20:20
    You look the truth in the eye, and call it a lie. You're blind. but God can heal that if you ask Him.
    No, we look at YOU in the eye SAYING your god will heal all things, etc.

All 7 billion of us can wish and wish with all their might for there to be a nice loving god but that will not make it happen.

The reason you and your friends need christianity is you cannot bear the thought of an uncaring universe, like how the universe gave a rats asss when the dinosaurs were offed by the asteroid and/or volcanism. But of course your god is not for any animal on the planet, humans are too high up on the scale, blinding your god with our magnificence and so it totally ignores all the rest of life on the planet and is going about the business of making sure at least some of us will end up on the big boat in heaven.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree