Christianity: Religion of love?

Christianity: Religion of love?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
In the spiritual life there is 4 things that are considered basics, or the beginning of spiritual understanding (like kindergarten)

1. dont kill animals and eat them (care fro them instead)

2. the soul that you are, is eternal like God, and always will be without end.

3. after death the soul takes another birth, if they are no qualified to return ...[text shortened]... cts all these basics, so what is it really worth if it cant give proper knowledge to the people.
So basically vegetarianism and reincarnation? I believe in neither; I love eating animals including fish, steak and occasionally small furry things if they taste good. The Bible completely condones the killing and eating of animals.

Reincarnation is a ludicrous humanistic idea based on pride and it's outworking is (as you have described) based on "works" in order to obtain a better "birth" in the next life. Christianity is based on faith in Christ and the gift of eternal life which is freely given and obtained through the grace of God through Jesus' paying the price for the sin of the entire world.

Unlike you however, I accept your right to believe whatever you choose to believe and I will not insult you because of it, by calling you mad, deluded or whatever other insults you continue to produce here.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Dec 10

Originally posted by divegeester
So basically vegetarianism and reincarnation? I believe in neither; I love eating animals including fish, steak and occasionally small furry things if they taste good. The Bible completely condones the killing and eating of animals.

Reincarnation is a ludicrous humanistic idea based on pride and it's outworking is (as you have described) based on " ...[text shortened]... of it, by calling you mad, deluded or whatever other insults you continue to produce here.
Reincarnation has nothing to do with taking another birth because it may be a better life.(stop speculating).....its about being afforded another birth to have an opportunity to take to the spiritual life and return home, back to Godhead.

I have repeatedly said this world is a place of suffering, so why would you assume its about getting a better birth.

No birth is actually better, because you have to suffer every time.

If you have no sensitivity for animal cruelty, then you are lost.

You dont get eternal life from the man Jesus, because you are already eternal, and could not be mortal if you tried, ....its just a matter of whether you want to be eternal in the this material world of suffering, or in the spiritual world.

The Bible has no knowledge, and your the proof because you spout falsity, which misdirects the people actually away from God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Dec 10
1 edit

Reincarnation has nothing to do with taking another birth because it may be a better life.(stop speculating).....its about being afforded another birth to have an opportunity to take to the spiritual life and return home, back to Godhead.
I have repeatedly said this world is a place of suffering, so why would you assume its about getting a better birth. ...[text shortened]... nd your the proof because you spout falsity, which misdirects the people actually away from God.
Reincarnation has nothing to do with taking another birth because it may be a better life.(stop speculating).....its about being afforded another birth to have an opportunity to take to the spiritual life and return home, back to Godhead. I have repeatedly said this world is a place of suffering, so why would you assume its about getting a better birth. No birth is actually better, because you have to suffer every time.

But you said in the 'Questions for Vishva' thread - to my question: "what will happen if I disregard the Vedanta?"
Answer 1. People who never take to the spiritual life, simply keep taking birth in this material world, but not always in pleasant conditions. Would you consider being born a black women with blindness in a third world country a good birth......and persons who follow false teachings in their particular faith, will also take birth again until they come to the higher spiritual platform taught in the Vedanta Sutra.

Your response was clearly stating that your birth is dependent on how you life you life -specifically whether you acknowledge the Vedanta - so once again you contradict yourself.

If you have no sensitivity for animal cruelty, then you are lost.

What has this got to do with eating them? You believe vegetables have a spirit but you eat them don't you?

You dont get eternal life from the man Jesus, because you are already eternal, and could not be mortal if you tried, ....its just a matter of whether you want to be eternal in the this material world of suffering, or in the spiritual world.

Pure speculation and your opinion only.

The Bible has no knowledge, and your the proof because you spout falsity, which misdirects the people actually away from God.

Pure speculation and your opinion only.

T

Moves
30 Dec 10
3 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm not joining you in anything. I have no idea exactly what you are talking about,
you have been vague and it seems your only purpose has been to run down
Christians. Which makes your whole point to be guilty of what you are suggesting
Christians are doing. Give specifics names, quotes, context....
Kelly
Well, it's evident that rather than consider what I am writing, you are bound and determine to make of this what you will. I've tried to clarify in a few different ways, but it seems your mind is closed.

Here's the crux of the OP:
There have been a number of threads and posts that are Islamophobic or Homophobic in nature. From what I can tell, the vast majority have been posted by Christians and/or supported by Christians. It also seems that the vast majority of those speaking out against such hatred have been non-Christians.

Based on that, it seems that Christianity is more a religion of hatred rather than of love.

Read the last line actually says instead of projecting what you think it says upon it. Maybe this is too subtle a point, but it begins, "Based on that, it seems that..." as in "If one were to draw conclusions from the above, it would SEEM that Christianity is more a religion of hatred rather than of love". I guess it was unrealistic to think that some may have an "aha moment" and come to the realization as to what they were doing. As I said, if it were Buddhists, I would have criticised Buddhists. But it wasn't Buddhists. It is what it is.

Unfortunately, it seems that there were no "aha moments" and it seems unlikely that there will be. More's the pity.

If you really want examples, you don't have to look too hard. Heck, there are even some on this thread. Specifically here are a couple: The first couple of pages of the "Unifying Truth" thread and the following: ttp://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=136598&page=2#post_2592991

Illinois

Moves
30 Dec 10

You have no clue what Jesus spoke of, because the Bible has been fabricated to make Jesus into a God, and to teach false teachings to satisfy the animal killers.

You quote the Bible as if it were the authority, but it isn't because it has much error.

It has much error because it was compiled under the direction of unscrupulous politicians and the Jewish clergy of the time, who were all unenlightened.
There's no reason anyone should believe you. You offer only conjecture, and demonstrably false conjecture at that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by epiphinehas
There's no reason anyone should believe you. You offer only conjecture, and demonstrably false conjecture at that.
Vishu seems to subscribe to the idea that the more you say something, the more it becomes truth.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Not that I disagree with your post here, but I'd just like to point out, referencing your other thread, that you're perhaps committing the same fallacy(?) as we atheists do when you dismiss the unintelligible claims in his religion in favour of those in yours :]

g

kent

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
But, iyo, is it a valid generalization?
No it is not valid.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 Dec 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Well, it's evident that rather than consider what I am writing, you are bound and determine to make of this what you will. I've tried to clarify in a few different ways, but it seems your mind is closed.

Here's the crux of the OP:
[quote]There have been a number of threads and posts that are Islamophobic or Homophobic in nature. From what I can tell, ...[text shortened]... tp://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=136598&page=2#post_2592991
My mind isn't closed, I agree that people who claim to be Christian do and write
nasty things. Where you and I part company is that I say this is a human thing
not Christian, and you have gone out of your way to belittle Christians as you
are claiming Christians have done to others, so you are as guilty as everyone else,
and you like those you are comaplaining about are justifying yourself in why you
can be hateful, because of....
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Dec 10

My mind isn't closed, I agree that people who claim to be Christian do and write
are claiming Christians have done to others, so you are as guilty as everyone else,
and you like those you are comaplaining about are justifying yourself in why you
Kelly
You mean like in the middle ages when Christianity actively killed off independent science, such as it existed then? You perhaps remember what they did to Galileo?

Or the inquisitions? Nice one there, real love involved. Do you know there is still an inquisition office open in South America?

What about the selling of 'indulgences'?

How about the crusades? Lots of love there.

How about the witchhunts in the US a couple hundred years ago? Was that love calling?

T

Moves
30 Dec 10
2 edits

Kelly
You continue to ignore what I actually said in the OP as well as the subsequent explanations and stick with your original false interpretations of what I said and your false accuations. If you had an open mind, you'd be able to take the subsequent explanations, reformulate your intrepretations and would then withdraw your accusations. So while you can claim that your mind is open, the evidence shows otherwise. That said, there seems to be little point in further trying to get you to understand the reality of the situation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Dec 10

Originally posted by sonhouse
You mean like in the middle ages when Christianity actively killed off independent science, such as it existed then? You perhaps remember what they did to Galileo?

Or the inquisitions? Nice one there, real love involved. Do you know there is still an inquisition office open in South America?

What about the selling of 'indulgences'?

How about the ...[text shortened]... here.

How about the witchhunts in the US a couple hundred years ago? Was that love calling?
Again, NOT denying any of these things, I'm also sure if either of us wanted we
could find NON-Christians doing evil things to others as well...which is my point that
the human race as a whole is guilty of wicked things! So justifying belittling one
group for something all have done is just more of the same.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Dec 10

You continue to ignore what I actually said in the OP as well as the subsequent explanations and stick with your original false interpretations of what I said and your false accuations. If you had an open mind, you'd be able to take the subsequent explanations, reformulate your intrepretations and would then withdraw your accusations. So while you can cl ...[text shortened]... ems to be little point in further trying to get you to understand the reality of the situation.
I'm not ignoring your point, I'm pointing out you are doing what you are accusing
others of doing, but you feel justified because ____ which I'm sure those you are
talking about also felt justified in what they did and said as well.
Kelly

T

Moves
31 Dec 10

I'm not ignoring your point, I'm pointing out you are doing what you are accusing
others of doing, but you feel justified because ____ which I'm sure those you are
talking about also felt justified in what they did and said as well.
Kelly
Actually, you do keep ignoring my points. Instead of commenting on them in any meaningful way or asking for clarification, you repeat the same misleading accusation over and over again. Also when I posted examples as you requested you ignored them too. So it's ridiculous that you claim that you're not ignoring them. You're really something.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Dec 10

Actually, you do keep ignoring my points. Instead of commenting on them in any meaningful way or asking for clarification, you repeat the same misleading accusation over and over again. Also when I posted examples as you requested you ignored them too. So it's ridiculous that you claim that you're not ignoring them. You're really something.
That is because you do nothing but make the same claim over and over, you
call other people evil and run down an entire body of believers calling them names.
You and I agree that people who call themselves Christians do all the things you
and others have said! Not denying any of that, but you by your name calling are
also guilty of a little hatemongering yourself for singling out one group out of the
whole as if they were the only ones to do those things.
Kelly