Christianity: Religion of love?

Christianity: Religion of love?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I just said dont quote the Bible, or you will be misdirected as you are being misdirected now, by quoting that verse. The Bible was written by the ruling class, to put fear in the people and have control over them.
Heb 4:12

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
28 Dec 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Heb 4:12

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Yes that is true....but for the real word of God , not the false word of God.

Have you read Numbers and Leviticus? because it suppose to be God speaking....but its not God speaking, because God could never speak like that (its silly) and its the words of men ( the Jewish priests) not God.

The Bible has much error because the ruling class of the time had much to do with what the Bible would say and not say, and they twisted the truth so it would support the Old Testament, but Jesus spoke a higher truth and rejected the superstitious Old Testament....so they killed him for undermining their authority.

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

...but Jesus spoke a higher truth and rejected the superstitious Old Testament...
John 5:39

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me [Jesus]

Illinois

Moves
28 Dec 10
1 edit

Yes that is true....but for the real word of God , not the false word of God.

Have you read Numbers and Leviticus? because it suppose to be God speaking....but its not God speaking, because God could never speak like that (its silly) and its the words of men ( the Jewish priests) not God.

The Bible has much error because the ruling class of the tim ...[text shortened]... rejected the superstitious Old Testament....so they killed him for undermining their authority.

Your entire post is pure conjecture and demonstrably false.

Jesus Himself quoted from over 24 Old Testament books, including Numbers and Leviticus. There is no evidence -- NONE, ZERO, NADA -- that Jesus rejected the Old Testament. On the contrary, Jesus says, "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17). ["Law" here refers to the Torah, which contains the books: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.] You're right, Numbers and Leviticus are recognized by the Jews as God-inspired texts, but regardless of whether you believe them to be silly or not, the NT documents clearly show Jesus appealing to their spiritual authority.

The Bible has much error because the ruling class of the time had much to do with what the Bible would say and not say, and they twisted the truth so it would support the Old Testament, but Jesus spoke a higher truth and rejected the superstitious Old Testament....so they killed him for undermining their authority.

Again, you offer only false conjecture.

First off, the ruling class at the time had nothing to do with what the Bible would say. Long before the Counsel of Nicea (325 A.D.) the canonical books of the NT were widely recognized. Further, they were written within the lifetimes of those who witnessed Christ's earthly ministry, based on eye-witness and first-hand accounts. The historical record reveals ZERO tampering with the early manuscripts; neither is there any record of a faction of Christ-followers incensed by any skewing of the truth about Christ's ministry. All in all, the NT documents are the most reliable documents, historically speaking, of any ancient historical document by far.

Secondly, the Pharisees at the time did not kill Jesus because he rejected the Old Testament. As a matter of fact, they could find no legitimate fault in his teachings. Jesus expounded on the OT and gave life and spirit to the letter of the law, but he never denied or rejected the authority of the OT (as I demonstrated above).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 10

Originally posted by sonhouse
All that is just your spouting of other people's thoughts. You don't have anything new to contribute because independent thinking is not allowed. You don't buck city hall.

As for the atrocities in the new world, it was not just the 'new world' it was everywhere on the entire planet Christians came in contact with their arrogant views that they were super ...[text shortened]... ybe you didn't get that part in your schooling but if you don't believe me, google it.
I'm not spouting other people's thoughts, if you think I'm quoting others here
without giving credit show everyone here who I'm not giving credit too. Pity that
you have accuse me of something instead of dealing with that which I did say.
Kelly

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Dec 10

Originally posted by epiphinehas
[b]Have you read Numbers and Leviticus? because it suppose to be God speaking....but its not God speaking, because God could never speak like that (its silly) and its the words of men ( the Jewish priests) not God.

Your entire post is pure conjecture and demonstrably false.

Jesus Himself quoted from over 24 Old Testament books, including Numbe ...[text shortened]... e law, but he never denied or rejected the authority of the OT (as I demonstrated above).[/b]
You have no clue what Jesus spoke of, because the Bible has been fabricated to make Jesus into a God, and to teach false teachings to satisfy the animal killers.

You quote the Bible as if it were the authority, but it isn't because it has much error.

It has much error because it was compiled under the direction of unscrupulous politicians and the Jewish clergy of the time, who were all unenlightened.

Moves
29 Dec 10

You have no clue what Jesus spoke of, because the Bible has been fabricated to make Jesus into a God, and to teach false teachings to satisfy the animal killers.

You quote the Bible as if it were the authority, but it isn't because it has much error.

It has much error because it was compiled under the direction of unscrupulous politicians and the Jewish clergy of the time, who were all unenlightened.
"His Word is absolutely sufficient in itself" - Psalm 119:160

“He [Jesus] answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. - Matthew 4:4

“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Do not add to his words, unless he reproves you, and you are found to be a liar.” - Proverbs 30:5-6

And again: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. - Heb 4:12

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Dec 10

"His Word is absolutely sufficient in itself" - Psalm 119:160

“He [Jesus] answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. - Matthew 4:4

“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Do not add to his words, unless he reproves you, and you ...[text shortened]... l and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. - Heb 4:12
Yes its true the word of God is all those things.....but the Bible does not have the word of God , but instead the words of politicians and Jewish clergy, who were unenlightened, and wrote what they wanted to write, to support the superstitious Old Testament.

The proof is the Bible supports animal slaughter....which is bogus.

So they rejected the higher teachings of Jesus, because Jesus spoke out against all their nonsense (the Old Testament)....and they didn't like that and murdered him.

Moves
29 Dec 10

Yes its true the word of God is all those things.....but the Bible does not have the word of God , but instead the words of politicians and Jewish clergy, who were unenlightened, and wrote what they wanted to write, to support the superstitious Old Testament.

So they rejected the hi ...[text shortened]... t against all their nonsense (the Old Testament)....and they didn't like that and murdered him.
Don't you ever read anyone else's posts except your own? I picture you at home surrounded by print-outs of all your ranting posts here, reading them over to yourself again and again and again, desperately trying to reinforce the steel cage your brain is in.

Moves
29 Dec 10
1 edit

Don't you ever read anyone else's posts except your own? I picture you at home surrounded by print-outs of all your ranting posts here, reading them over to yourself again and again and again, desperately trying to reinforce the steel cage your brain is in.

So the scriptures I quoted (from the Bible) are the true word of God, but the Bible itself is not - right? 😕

No it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't, no it isn't etc....

So they rejected the higher teachings of Jesus, because Jesus spoke out against all their nonsense (the Old Testament)....and they didn't like that and murdered him.

No they didn't - refer to previous posts by more than one other poster

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
I'm not spouting other people's thoughts, if you think I'm quoting others here
without giving credit show everyone here who I'm not giving credit too. Pity that
you have accuse me of something instead of dealing with that which I did say.
Kelly
First you deflect the atrocities of christians when they meet what they know by god given right to be inferior by saying Cortez and company were after gold. Of course they were after gold. As I said before, it was after that the thrice condemned priests came and literally burned almost the complete literature of a thriving civilization.

That happens over and over again. You did not even bother to respond to that, instead responding to my charge you can only spout the doctrine of your religion, you have to live by those precepts.

You cannot, for instance, write tracts on your own and dispute what your elders have written, even though your own faiths' doctrines have been modified 148 times since the early 20th century.

Only the leaders can do that. What chance would you have of changing things in the JW religion? That's what I meant when I said you only can spout the doctrine of your religion.

I was not implying you do not have creativity, only that the use of that creativity will get you in trouble with your JW authorities. You wouldn't want to be shunned, now would you? You know that happens in JW, it's a chilling reminder of the power of religion.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
29 Dec 10

[b]Yes its true the word of God is all those things.....but the Bible does not have the word of God , but instead the words of politicians and Jewish clergy, who were unenlightened, and wrote what they wanted to write, to support the superstitious Old Testament.

So the scriptures I quoted (from the Bible) are the true word of God, but the Bible i ...[text shortened]... red him.[/b]

No they didn't - refer to previous posts by more than one other poster[/b]
In the spiritual life there is 4 things that are considered basics, or the beginning of spiritual understanding (like kindergarten)

1. dont kill animals and eat them (care fro them instead)

2. the soul that you are, is eternal like God, and always will be without end.

3. after death the soul takes another birth, if they are no qualified to return home back to Godhead.

4. the material body is not the real self, and when its gone , its gone.

The Bible rejects all these basics, so what is it really worth if it cant give proper knowledge to the people.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 10

First you deflect the atrocities of christians when they meet what they know by god given right to be inferior by saying Cortez and company were after gold. Of course they were after gold. As I said before, it was after that the thrice condemned priests came and literally burned almost the complete literature of a thriving civilization.

That happens ove ...[text shortened]... w would you? You know that happens in JW, it's a chilling reminder of the power of religion.
I didn't try to deflect the atrocities by people who called themselves
Christians, I said atrocities are a human trait I don't care what lable you
apply to yourself. Not sure who you are refering to when you say church
elders, the people within scripture? Exactly what do you know about my
faith that you can claim it's doctrines have been modified 148 times since
the early 20th centruy? What doctrines are you taking about? Exactly what
faith do you think I have?
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Dec 10

Originally posted by KellyJay
I didn't try to deflect the atrocities by people who called themselves
Christians, I said atrocities are a human trait I don't care what lable you
apply to yourself. Not sure who you are refering to when you say church
elders, the people within scripture? Exactly what do you know about my
faith that you can claim it's doctrines have been modified 148 ti ...[text shortened]... centruy? What doctrines are you taking about? Exactly what
faith do you think I have?
Kelly
Sorry, I was talking to Robbie, who is Jehovah Witness. My bad.

rc

Moves
29 Dec 10

Sorry, I was talking to Robbie, who is Jehovah Witness. My bad.
huh?