1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 18:58
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes, I can see how someone might misconstrue it. I've admitted it.
    Despite having clarified my comments, I still find it a bit of a stretch that you would actually pursue this.
    You,ve made your point and it comes off as defending christians and putting the "attack" back on the likes of me and Vishva.
    So unless you have something to say along the l ...[text shortened]... ing out there.
    Surely you are not defending christian homophobes? (I really dont know now)
    How do you define a Christian Homophobe?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    How do you define a Christian Homophobe?
    Kelly
    I guess its pretty self-explanatory, but having said that, I would not tar a christian group , or even individuals that I dont really know, with the tag "christian homophobe".
    However if I meet a christian who ACTIVELY makes homophobic comments then I will call them out on that. I'm with ToO on this one. I find people that get their knickers in a knot over what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home to be wasting their energy that could better be spent elsewhere...
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '10 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Can you think of one homosexual act or act of violence that Christ advocated, no neither can I. Indeed Gods word condemns them both! If an innocent women is facing death because of an unjust law enshrined by an Islamic republic then i think its good and proper to draw attention to that injustice, as for homosexual acts, they too stand condemned in s ...[text shortened]... ing into a personal attack, as if it was of course intended for serious debate in the beginning.
    God condemns no one, how could he? because the soul which is eternal is a little piece of God self.....God cannot condemn self.

This is a fabrication to put fear in the people to have them surrender to the church.

Persons are punished and rewarded by the laws of karma....not God.

The laws of karma are just, and deliver the results to the words spoken, deeds done and thoughts thought......and its all temporary coming and going till the living entity takes to the spiritual life, and then returns back home to Godhead.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 00:16
    I guess its pretty self-explanatory, but having said that, I would not tar a christian group , or even individuals that I dont really know, with the tag "christian homophobe".
    However if I meet a christian who ACTIVELY makes homophobic comments then I will call them out on that. I'm with ToO on this one. I find people that get their knickers in a knot ...[text shortened]... privacy of their own home to be wasting their energy that could better be spent elsewhere...
    No it is not pretty self-explanatory, what is a homophobic Christian and now that
    you have brought in another term, what is a homophobic comment?
    Seriously, I'm not trying to trap you, but I don't know what "you think" either of
    those terms mean.

Do you think anyone who disagrees with that life is homophobic, do they have to
    hate those in that life, what, what does it mean to YOU?
    Kelly
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 00:37
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    God condemns no one, how could he? because the soul which is eternal is a little piece of God self.....God cannot condemn self.

This is a fabrication to put fear in the people to have them surrender to the church.

Persons are punished and rewarded by the laws of karma....not God.

The laws of karma are just, and deliver the results to the words sp ...[text shortened]... going till the living entity takes to the spiritual life, and then returns back home to Godhead.
    sorry i don't believe in the immortality of the soul as something distinct from a human being which transcends death, nor do i believe in the strawberry fields and marshmallow clouds of God condemns no one, its an alien concept for it betrays a lack of justice, and as we have an inherent sense of justice, i believe it to be a reflection of God himself, in that we are created with these qualities. The law of Karma is nothing more than an attempt to explain why good and bad things happen to people, reincarnation is neither logical nor reasonable, nor just.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 01:04
    Yea, you were again running down Christians pointing out faults as if no other
    group does those things you were highlighting as something just Christians do.
    I'd join you in criticising had you did it against the human race as a whole, since
    those things were talking about are human traits, since those things you brought
    up are not limited to just Chritians, yet you make it sound as if they were.
    Kelly
    Maybe you also missed the following:
    There have been a number of threads and posts that are Islamophobic or Homophobic in nature. From what I can tell, the vast majority have been posted by Christians and/or supported by Christians. It also seems that the vast majority of those speaking out against such hatred have been non-Christians...The OP was a criticism of Christians on this forum who engage in perpetuating hateful and prejudicial stereotypes of Muslims/Islam and homosexuals/homosexuality.

If it had been Buddhists I would have criticised them.

So once again, I ask you:
    "It seems that instead of taking this opportunity to join in criticising them, you have opted to criticize me for criticising them. Do you support them?"
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 01:213 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Maybe you also missed the following:
    [quote]There have been a number of threads and posts that are Islamophobic or Homophobic in nature. From what I can tell, the vast majority have been posted by Christians and/or supported by Christians. It also seems that the vast majority of those speaking out against such hatred have been non-Christians...The OP was n criticising them, you have opted to criticize me for criticising them. Do you support them?"
    I'm not joining you in anything. I have no idea exactly what you are talking about,
    you have been vague and it seems your only purpose has been to run down
    Christians. Which makes your whole point to be guilty of what you are suggesting
    Christians are doing. Give specifics names, quotes, context....
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 01:321 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    My apologies, I assumed you had just ignored me.

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=136430&page=4#post_2590376

I might also state here an apology to ToO. It was poor judgement on my part to make a joke involving your Prophet's words. My humblest and most profound "I am sorry" I can express in mere words. I am no fan teneded to make others laugh, and instead insulted at least you if not others here.
    Not sure why you'd assume that seeing as you posted it at the tail end of a response to karoly aczel in a thread that I hadn't posted in. I'm thinking there are very few, if any, who read every post in this forum.

Also, I'm not a Muslim. Don't know why you'd assume that either other than because I chastised you for saying "Unless you can blow up stuff and kill the infidels" as a response to the Islamic portion of a post showing the universal nature of the "golden rule".

You should really consider that those type of "jokes" and prejudicial stereotypes are no less bigoted and hateful than those that used to be so prevalent in the US regarding blacks and are still quite prevalent regarding homosexuals.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 01:581 edit
    Not sure why you'd assume that seeing as you posted it at the tail end of a response to karoly aczel in a thread that I hadn't posted in. I'm thinking there are very few, if any, who read every post in this forum.

Also, I'm not a Muslim. Don't know why you'd assume that either other than because I chastised you for saying "Unless you can blow up stuff lent in the US regarding blacks and are still quite prevalent regarding homosexuals.
    I can only hope for your sake whatever false god you worship is more forgiving than you.
    Being condesending is only effective if you actually are smarter than someone, or in your case anyone else.
    Good day
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 02:541 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I can only hope for your sake whatever false god you worship is more forgiving than you.
    Being condesending is only effective if you actually are smarter than someone, or in your case anyone else.
    Good day
    Alas we are a reflection of the God/s we worship 🙂
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 03:09
    Alas we are a reflection of the God/s we worship 🙂
    We all are a reflection of the Divine. Perhaps ToO is that part of the Creator that is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Cheers
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 04:282 edits
    sorry i don't believe in the immortality of the soul as something distinct from a human being which transcends death, nor do i believe in the strawberry fields and marshmallow clouds of God condemns no one, its an alien concept for it betrays a lack of justice, and as we have an inherent sense of justice, i believe it to be a reflection of God himsel ...[text shortened]... ood and bad things happen to people, reincarnation is neither logical nor reasonable, nor just.
    This is the reason why atheism is increasing, because the Christian teachings are bizzar, and free thinkers cannot accept the evil God that you present.

What you have said goes against the very basics of spiritual understanding, that karma is not involved.

So its more reasonable, that the Supremely loving Lord sends people to eternal damnation.......(thats so wrong)

Karma is a law, that returns to the person the reactions to their activities.........its that simple.

And the soul is eternal and never had a beginning, and will never have an end.
  13. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 06:04
    There have been a number of threads and posts that are Islamophobic or Homophobic in nature. From what I can tell, the vast majority have been posted by Christians and/or supported by Christians. It also seems that the vast majority of those speaking out against such hatred have been non-Christians.

Based on that, it seems that Christianity is more a ...[text shortened]... rather than of love. Many Christians speak about love and forgiveness, yet show their hypocrisy.
    It seems to me your assesment of Christians may be off a bit. I know many Christians (including myself) who have no problem with Gays and Lesbians, who understand we are all individuals, we are all imperfect, and realize hate is not a Christian value.

I realize there are many who call themselves Christians who think and talk as you've indicated, but they don't speak for all of Christianity, so please... no stereotyping.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 07:07
    No it is not pretty self-explanatory, what is a homophobic Christian and now that
    you have brought in another term, what is a homophobic comment?
    Seriously, I'm not trying to trap you, but I don't know what "you think" either of
    those terms mean.

Do you think anyone who disagrees with that life is homophobic, do they have to
    hate those in that life, what, what does it mean to YOU?
    Kelly
    If someone makes a remark like "gays aren't welcome in heaven", for example, I would consider that "homophobic". That implies that they are actually scared of the persons sexual oreintation.
    One size does not fit all. Variety is the spice of life, etc.
    And what one does in the privacy on their own home with another consenting adult doesn't really concern me.

So,again, disagreeing is one thing, but actively coming out and condemming a person for their sexual orientation is homophobic, imo.

I hope this is clear to you, I really dont understand why it wouldn't be, but I would be happy to try to respond to any furthur queries to the best of my ability.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '10 08:28
    If someone makes a remark like "gays aren't welcome in heaven", for example, I would consider that "homophobic". That implies that they are actually scared of the persons sexual oreintation.
    One size does not fit all. Variety is the spice of life, etc.
    And what one does in the privacy on their own home with another consenting adult doesn't really con ...[text shortened]... but I would be happy to try to respond to any furthur queries to the best of my ability.
    None of us are the ones rolling out the welcome mat for those getting into heaven,
    that rests with God alone. The only ones that have to worry about not getting into
    heaven are sinners, and I beg to differ on the one size fits all, because all of us
    have sinned and have fallen short. If you want to tell me according to Biblical
    doctrine who does and does not make it into heaven and why I'd like to hear it.
    With respect to gays going into heaven, you'd have to show me how they or
    anyone else will make it. If you are not well versed in the Bible, why are you telling
    me how Christians should view anyone getting into heaven?

If those sexual acts are condemn in scripture exactly why should I accept them as
    anything other than sin?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree