1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 17:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm taking over this thread and saving it from tedium.
    So where is your contribution that makes this stay on topic? I'll defer ask your question, or present your argument, or run away, since you were more than likely never serious in the first place.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jun '23 17:311 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If God exists, He either 'cannot' prevent evil or simply doesn't care about it.
    Just in case this was your only question: God created a very good universe, where real love is possible. That good requires choices whose results if following goodness and loving care will always produce a good result.

For any choice to be real, the possible answer also has to include, "No." The real universe with real consistent laws that do not bend when what we want to do is evil, so real results come into play. We are the ones that see the results of the evil we do and continue doing them, and we don't care.

Pushing the results of the evil we do off on God is simply passing the buck for crimes and sins we do because God let us, even though we didn't have to do the evil we do. We know better and we will have no excuses, here we see the difference between good and evil, and we like the dark to hide from the light that shows us what we are as a people.

It is the common man who plays a part in all of this. We are not divided into two groups good and evil, the whole is infected with evil.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '23 08:29
    @kellyjay said
    So where is your contribution that makes this stay on topic?
    What topic?

All you did was post a link to a YouTube video with out explanation, précis or comment and have refused to answer questions about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree