1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 03:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    But you're honest, and so am I.

If you knew me you would certainly not think I was pious.
    If you are impious, or possibly impish, you could replace the word perverted with imperfect and upset fewer people. I'd still argue with you, but it might be more constructive.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 03:30
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    If you are impious, or possibly impish, you could replace the word perverted with imperfect and upset fewer people. I'd still argue with you, but it might be more constructive.
    That would be the politically correct way. But I won't subject myself to the whims of the popular culture just to keep a few people from getting upset. I don't follow the crowd.

I'm not a nicer than Jesus Christan. I'm to the point and direct in my statements. And as far as being constructive is concerned, well, that is a laughing matter here in this forum. Perhaps you would agree?
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 06:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Satin don't you mean Satan?

How long have you been a Christian?

That is funny just because people are nice to other people doesn't make someone a Christian. You don't say to a muslim or buddist, "oh that is very christian of you for walking that old lady across the street.
    RB, with all due respect, you correcting someone's spelling sort of rings of the story Jesus told about the plank in our own eye.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 07:19
    Being gay is repellent and an obimination in the sight of God and anyone with on ounce of common sense.
    This is one of the reasons that I am not just a quiet atheist, happy to live without god. I am an outspoken atheist because of the endless abhorations supposed followers of god allow to spew from their mouths. People like you and RBHILL make me sick, and if there is a god in heaven I really hope you end up in hell.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 11:21
    Amen.
    Why didn't you correct his spelling?
  6. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 11:48
    Originally posted by Starrman
    This is one of the reasons that I am not just a quiet atheist, happy to live without god. I am an outspoken atheist because of the endless abhorations supposed followers of god allow to spew from their mouths. People like you and RBHILL make me sick, and if there is a god in heaven I really hope you end up in hell.
    I totally agree Starrman, I think it is really sick that people continue to use religion as an excuse to rack up hate speach against groups of people they don't understand.
    I just don't see how being gay can be a choice, you can't just choose to be attracted to those of the same gender; and why should go against there very own nature anyway? If they are born that way surely God made them that way on purpose...if he exists at all.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:50
    Your own words convict you of hypocrisy. Your words are the words of hate.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:55
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    I totally agree Starrman, I think it is really sick that people continue to use religion as an excuse to rack up hate speach against groups of people they don't understand.
    I just don't see how being gay can be a choice, you can't just choose to be attracted to those of the same gender; and why should go against there very own nature anyway? If they are born that way surely God made them that way on purpose...if he exists at all.
    You're just another victim of the philosophy of man and the popular culture. You've been brainwashed.
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:59
    Your own words convict you of hypocrisy. Your words are the words of hate.
    How can you possibly say that with a straight face? My words are the only sort of words someone with a view like yours deserves. How am I being hypocritical?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:13
    How can you possibly say that with a straight face? My words are the only sort of words someone with a view like yours deserves. How am I being hypocritical?
    Saying " I hope you end up in hell" is hateful speech.

But I would never hold that against you. It doesn't really bother me. After all, I have said some mean things to people myself.

The issue here is about homosexuality. I believe it is wrong based on my christian beliefs. But you can't accept that, so you then get all worked up over it for some reason.

We don't have to agree you know! We are free to believe what we want without fear of some one stoning us to death. And we are free to live as we please as long as we don't hurt anyone doing it. That's the law of the land.

And so is free speech.
  11. CA, USA
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:15
    IMHO you two "Christians" will drive a lot more people away from your God than you'll even convert with your judgemental stance.

If you two are Gods messengers of "good news" .. then God himself is an idiot.

BTW .. I believe in God .. just not your version of Him.
  12. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:40
    You've been brainwashed.
    And you haven't?! 😕😕
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:42
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    I think it is really [terrible] that people continue to use religion as an excuse to rack up hate speach against groups of people they don't understand.
    I couldn't agree more...the key word is speaking cruelly and heartlessly about those whom you don't understand.

Nobody has any right (or even basis) to say that God himself desires to punish homosexuals for being themselves
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 18:45
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    RB, with all due respect, you correcting someone's spelling sort of rings of the story Jesus told about the plank in our own eye.
    All Jesus was saying there was to repent of your sins and then you can show other people the way of salvation.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 18:52
    All Jesus was saying there was to repent of your sins and then you can show other people the way of salvation.
    Nope. He was addressing hypocrisy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree