Comebacks

Comebacks

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Staryman
Marriage existed well before Christianity and in communities that worshipped alternate and even no gods. Christians just stamped their unjustified mark on it.
No kidding. Marriage has been around since the beginning of recorded history. And it's always been between a man and a woman.

But now the homosexuals want to change it to fit their unfortunate lifestyle.

E

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by josephw
No kidding. Marriage has been around since the beginning of recorded history. And it's always been between a man and a woman.

what is the problem? if two people want to get married why should anyone outside of the marriage care about it?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by visteed
The English word “abomination” strikes us as pretty, well, abominable. However, the Hebrew word toevah refers not to wickedness, or sin—but to uncleanness, impurity.

“The significance of the term toevah becomes clear when you realize that another Hebrew term, zimah, could have been used—if that was what the authors intended. [i]Zima ...[text shortened]... stion. More than that, the Bible seems deliberately unconcerned about it.”

(All bolds mine.)
Well, if an act or behavior is unclean or impure it's a sin. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure that out.

It appears, to me, that all you're doing is making the simple truth sound complicated in order to justify evil behavior.

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
21 Mar 07

Well, if an act or behavior is unclean or impure it's a sin. One doesn't have to be a genius to figure that out.

It appears, to me, that all you're doing is making the simple truth sound complicated in order to justify evil behavior.
Yes, deducing the *actual* meaning of the words in the original language....how "complex" of him. Only the devil himself could come up with such a nefarious plot!

L

Moves
21 Mar 07

Geez, one would think that you would embrace any new evidence that mitigates your standing as a complete and utter bigot.

You still haven't demonstrated exactly why homosexuality (or just homosexual activity? -- it's really not yet clear to me exactly how far your bigotry extends) is 'evil'. You've stated that it is an 'obimination' before God*, which even if true is beside the point because there is no implicatory relation between being abominable before any agent and being morally wrong; and even if there were some forced connection (based on the presumed definition of 'God' maybe or based on some crazy subjectivist view of morality), this would still fail to provide any real substance as to why I should take your claims seriously. And now you've stated in content that homosexuality is wrong because it is "unclean or impure", which I'm guessing amounts either to some form of the naturalistic fallacy or to just plain old question begging. So what exactly is the substantive argument that undergirds your stance against homosexuality? Or do you not have one?

*You also stated here that it is also an 'obimination' before anyone with an ounce of common sense. That's false -- I know lots of counterexamples.

S

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
Genesis talks about the first Marraige.

But I guess we, I mean you won't find out the truth until you die or Christ comes back or if God has truly predistaned you to be saved you will be. And GLORY to God if someday you accept Christ.
Please don't talk to me anymore, you make me want to punch something.

S

Moves
21 Mar 07

That doesn't hold at all, marriage is not the domain of christians alone. If that's the case give me one reason why marriage cannot be between same sex partners, excluding your 'god says so' stance.

j

CA, USA

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by Starrman
That doesn't hold at all, marriage is not the domain of christians alone. If that's the case give me one reason why marriage cannot be between same sex partners, excluding your 'god says so' stance.
Other than fairies and half the Democrats, the people will never vote for it here in America.
Good enough reason for me.

S

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by jammer
Other than fairies and half the Democrats, the people will never vote for it here in America.
That's not a reason, that's idiocy.

j

CA, USA

Moves
21 Mar 07

That's not a reason, that's idiocy.
No .. idiocy would be living in Greenland and calling yourself a Starman.

Iceman would be more fitting, Idiotman even more so.

S

Moves
21 Mar 07

No .. idiocy would be living in Greenland and calling yourself a Starman.

Iceman would be more fitting, Idiotman even more so.
Lol, are you going to start calling me names? How old are you?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
21 Mar 07

Well, that's the same kind of reasoning that preventing whites and black from marrying each other. The same kind of reasoning that kept slavery in place. Same kind of reasonng that kept women from the right to vote.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Mar 07

Please don't talk to me anymore, you make me want to punch something.
Then stop posting.

d

Moves
21 Mar 07

What a moronic thing to say. Truly, truly sad.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Mar 07

And lol Bill Clinton as first Lady.