But they laid Jesus Christ in His grave

Jesus was a man, a carpenter by hand
    His followers true and brave
    One dirty little coward called Judas Iscariot
    Has laid Jesus Christ in His Grave

He went to the preacher, He went to the sheriff
    He told them all the same
    "Sell all of your jewelry and give it to the poor,"
    And they laid Jesus Christ in His grave.

When Jesus come to town, all the working folks around
    Believed what he did say
    But the bankers and the preachers, they nailed Him on the cross,
    And they laid Jesus Christ in his grave.

And the people held their breath when they heard about his death
    Everybody wondered why
    It was the big landlord and the soldiers that they hired
    To nail Jesus Christ in the sky

This song was written in New York City
    Of rich man, preacher, and slave
    If Jesus was to preach what He preached in Galilee,
    They would lay poor Jesus in His grave.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 02:02
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Jesus never walked on water. That's one of those myths you keep clinging to.
    Instead of a myth, would you settle for a good magic trick
    or illusion, like a mirage?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '11 03:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christ never said it was 'sinning' and neither did I say that.
    He said that its difficult for the rich to enter into the kingdom.
    If you want to argue with Christ thats your prerogative.
    Not at all I agree with and follow Jesus' words and trust His teaching, so even
    with this text I see it is difficult for the rich to enter, not impossible it isn't
    closed to them.
    Kelly
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Jun '11 15:351 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Change doesn't come through the political system."

First, what change are you referring to? I'm assuming you mean a change from bad to good, right?

Second, "change" obviously has to do with law, no? Chaos is not a system. Law defines how a system functions.

"The political system is specifically designed to maintain the status quo and bl you just change that setting in anticipation of my challenge? 😵😉
    Normally I despise the piecemeal, choppy posting style you exhibit here, but since you requested a response to this mishmash of disjointed observations, I will begrudgingly oblige you.

The political system in America was NOT originally designed to "protect and defend its weakest members." The United States Constitution was specifically designed to protect the economic interests of the social elite who wrote it from the "leveling tendencies" of a democratic majority. It was not designed to foster democracy and democratic participation, but, rather, it was designed to control the supposed "excesses" of democracy and keep its scope and influence to levels that could be managed by the ruling elites.

In order to ram the Constitution by a skeptical public, its proponents were forced to include some features which did, and do, protect "its weakest members", but the goal of keeping the nation's financial and economic institutions free from any democratic controls had been fully accomplished. And since the nation's economic institutions exist almost wholly outside of any democratic controls, any attempt to reform them in any meaningful way through a democratic political system are doomed to failure.

That's all I have time for at the moment.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 03:451 edit
    Normally I despise the piecemeal, choppy posting style you exhibit here, but since you requested a response to this mishmash of disjointed observations, I will begrudgingly oblige you.

The political system in America was NOT originally designed to "protect and defend its weakest members." The United States Constitution was specifically designed to prote political system are doomed to failure.

You are right of course.

Not much has changed since the beginning. Not here or anywhere. By the time we figure it out we'll be dead and the next generation will have to figure it out for themselves, and by then it will be too late.

The story never changes. Only the players change.

Thank you for replying. In all these years here I find your posts to be some of the most entertaining, informative, interesting and challenging.

I hate writing. I rely on the intelligence of others to get my point across. I love to read. Especially between the lines.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jun '11 04:03

The political system in America was NOT originally designed to "protect and defend its weakest members." The United States Constitution was specifically designed to prote ...[text shortened]... political system are doomed to failure.

I for one am glad that there are limits on the politcal system.
    Sometimes it seems as though the limits are gradually being
    eliminated. That I believe is a dangerous tendency.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree