Contradictions in the Quran?

Contradictions in the Quran?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by whodey
2. Solomon talking to ants?!?!?!? (Sura 27:18-19) What's up with that? Is this logical?
Of course it's logical. What wouldn't be logical would be if the ants talked back.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by ahosyney
I answered one of the eight, I have to sleep now, I will complete the list tomorrow,

For now the second one:

[b][as-Sajdah 32:5] He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.

Here it is talking about the GOD day. 1000 years.

[al-M ...[text shortened]... period of time required for angles to ascend to him, which is 50000. Do you see a GOD day here,
SO a God day is both 1,000 years and 50,000 years?

And that's not a contradiction in your book??

a

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
SO a God day is both 1,000 years and 50,000 years?

And that's not a contradiction in your book??
God Created mind to use,

Where does it say GOD day is 50000 years?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

God Created mind to use,

Where does it say GOD day is 50000 years?
You said it.

a

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

You said it.
Where did I said it?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Where did I said it?
ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.

then you state,

ascend unto Him in a Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years

So, a "day" is both 1,000 and 50,000 years.

[enter sarcasm mode]Oooooh noooooo, no contradiction there...... [end sarcasm mode]

w

Moves
17 Dec 06
4 edits

[b]2. Solomon talking to ants?!?!?!? (Sura 27:18-19) What's up with that? Is this logical?

Me and you whoody that when you talk about prophets and mericals then we don't talk about logic.

Although Quran said that GOD gave Solomon knowledge and how to speak to birds:

YUSUFALI: We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon o if science today was able to do some progress in that, so it is not logicly impossible.
I thought you were going to say something to the effect that the Arabic translation reads "aunt" and not ant. Oh well, you had your chance.

The reason I bring this up is that I thought you once said that the Quran could be logically proven at one point. In fact, you derided the account of Noah and the flood in the Bible as being logically impracitcal. However, what I now hear you saying is that both stories were miracles which require equal amounts of faith. I will accpet your other two explanations, however.

Now its your turn. Perhaps you can give 3 supposide contradictions of the Bible I can help explain away?

BTW Is'nt it frustrating when those outside your faith misinterpret and assume your religious text is contradictory when, in fact, they are simply are reading it the wrong way or do not understand the context in which it reads?

w

Moves
17 Dec 06

Of course it's logical. What wouldn't be logical would be if the ants talked back.
I had an uncle once who talked back, but he died years ago.😛

a

Moves
17 Dec 06

I thought you were going to say something to the effect that the Arabic translation reads "aunt" and not ant. Oh well, you had your chance.

The reason I bring this up is that I thought you once said that the Quran could be logically proven at one point. In fact, you derided the account of Noah and the flood in the Bible as being logically impracitcal. ...[text shortened]... y are simply are reading it the wrong way or do not understand the context in which it reads?
Small the comment:

1- There no reason make me say something that is not there. So it is ant, I will not say aunt to save my position. My position doesn't need to be saved and if I did so then it mean I modifing the Quran.

2- "Arabic translation" what arabic translation. Quran is its original form in arabic, so the problem may be in the English translation, if it happen I can show it to you. I read Quran in Arabic not English, I read the English translation just for you.

3- The verse doesn't say the solomon speaks with the ant, it say that he knew what the ant was saying. If science able to do that today then why it could be logicly unaccepted.

4- I don't remember that I derided the account of Noah and the flood. My objection was on the too much details found in the Biblical story which makes it inpractical. But the flood itself I have no problem with it, and science has no problem with it too.

BTW Is'nt it frustrating when those outside your faith misinterpret and assume your religious text is contradictory when, in fact, they are simply are reading it the wrong way or do not understand the context in which it reads?

I agree, but the one with faith should use his mind to Judge the text he belive in, otherwise he will be with blind faith. For example, all the point in that web sites are not a new dicoveries for them, Muslims did that with Quran 1400 years ago, and they accepted it logicly before beliving it.

w

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

Small the comment:

I agree, but the one with faith should use his mind to Judge the text he belive in, otherwise he will be with blind faith. For example, all the point in that web sites are not a new dicoveries for them, Muslims did that with Quran 1400 years ago, and they accepted it logicly before beliving it.
Like talking to ants? I am sorry but there is nothing logical about talking to ants. They do not even have a voice in which to talk.

a

Moves
17 Dec 06

ascendeth unto Him in a [b]Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.

then you state,

ascend unto Him in a Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years

So, a "day" is both 1,000 and 50,000 years.

[enter sarcasm mode]Oooooh noooooo, no contradiction there...... [end sarcasm mode][/b]
Does:

ascend unto Him in a [b]Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years = the GOD day is fifty thousand years to you[/b]

If yes then either you don't know english or you have another problem I don't know,

I will gave a way to understand this, may be it will help:

The word day in Arabic is "Yawm", and in Arabic it is used for regular day which has day and night, and also for refering to a period of time. So if you replaced the word day here with a period of time, will it make sense for you.

Of course you will say it is my interpretation, and I will tell you know, it is not mine, it is what the Arabic language say (and I think English too), and that is what the prophets and early Muslims say.

In Islam there are 4 sources of Law:

1- Quran.
2- Hadith. (What the prophet did or said).
3- Agreement of early Muslims who lived with the prophet and learned from him.
4- And we call "Egtehad" , which mean to give opinion dependeing for an Issue that has no specific reference in the previous three depending on what is known. There are specific rules for that one , and it require a level of study.

Why I said that, because In hadith this Issue is resolved and explained by the prophet.

So ................

a

Moves
17 Dec 06

Like talking to ants? I am sorry but there is nothing logical about talking to ants. They do not even have a voice in which to talk.
Did you read my post:

3- The verse doesn't say the solomon speaks with the ant, it say that he knew what the ant was saying. If science able to do that today then why it could be logicly unaccepted.

Does ants communicate using voice?

Science say the communicate using scents , which they manage to interpret. Doesn't that mean we can understand what an ant say?

s

Moves
17 Dec 06

Did you read my post:

[b]3- The verse doesn't say the solomon speaks with the ant, it say that he knew what the ant was saying. If science able to do that today then why it could be logicly unaccepted.

Does ants communicate using voice?

Science say the communicate using scents , which they manage to interpret. Doesn't that mean we can understand what an ant say?[/b]
Could you deal with, if you please, the verse

And of every thing We have created pairs:
That ye may receive instruction.
-- Sura 51:49

Surely not everything comes in pairs?

a

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by snowinscotland
Could you deal with, if you please, the verse

And of every thing We have created pairs:
That ye may receive instruction.
-- Sura 51:49

Give an example of species that is not on pairs.

If you say so, then sure you can show a species that is not in Pairs.

s

Moves
17 Dec 06

Give an example of species that is not on pairs.

[b]Surely not everything comes in pairs?

If you say so, then sure you can show a species that is not in Pairs.[/b]
It doesn't say species, it says everything.