1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 04:53
    With the Bible continuously being called into question by supposide contradictions on this site and the Quran continuosly being painted as the perfect word of God I thought it only fair to bring up this web site about apparent contradictions in the Quran.

http://www.answereing-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
  2. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 04:572 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    With the Bible continuously being called into question by supposide contradictions on this site and the Quran continuosly being painted as the perfect word of God I thought it only fair to bring up this web site about apparent contradictions in the Quran.

The link is not working.

I know this site very well and it is very biased site, if you want to listen to it then you have to listen to the other side. But the link you gave is not working.

If it is working with you give an example and I will answer it if you want.

If someone say there a contradiction, that doesn't make it true, show it to every one, and we will see if it is realy a contradiction.

apparent contradictions

You can't say that before showing them.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 05:06

I'm Muslim and here is the correct link whoody:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/

Do want to start show the contradiction or do you want me to answer them one by one?
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 05:09
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    I'm Muslim and here is the correct link whoody:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/

Do want to start show the contradiction or do you want me to answer them one by one?
    Should keep you busy - there is only about 200 from a quick look.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 05:152 edits
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Should keep you busy - there is only about 200 from a quick look.
    I have no problem, I know this site from a long time, and all of their contradiction is contradiction with their belives.

I have no problem to talk about the 200.

The most funny thing is that they mention contradiction with Christianity as Contradiction.

Edit: I hope anyone list whatever contradictions you think is appearant, choose any one you like, or all of them I don't mind. I'm waiting for you.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 05:35
    I have no problem, I know this site from a long time, and all of their contradiction is contradiction with their belives.

I have no problem to talk about the 200.

The most funny thing is that they mention contradiction with Christianity as Contradiction.

[b]Edit: I hope anyone list whatever contradictions you think is appearant, choose any one you like, or all of them I don't mind. I'm waiting for you.
    [/b]
    Well, here's 8 to start with.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/5591/contra.htm
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 05:511 edit
    Ok, try not to get overwhelmed. We can start off slow if you like.

1. Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Quranic inheritance laws. When a man dies, and is leaving behind 3 daughters, his 2 parents, and his wife, they will recieve the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together and 1/8 for the wife which adds up to more than the available estate.

2. Solomon talking to ants?!?!?!? (Sura 27:18-19) What's up with that? Is this logical?

3. The Quran teaches that there are 7 heavens with one above the other (67:3, 71:15) and that the stars are in the lower heaven (67:5, 37:6, 41:12) but the moon is depicted as being inside the 7th heaven 71:16) even though in reality the stars are much further away from the earth than the moon.

BTW I know you can do it man. In fact, just for fun I can also defend supposide contradictions from the Bible. Why don't you give me 3 as well?
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:05

1. Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Quranic inheritance laws. When a man dies, and is leaving behind 3 daughters, his 2 parents, and his wife, they will recieve the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together and 1/8 for the wife which adds up to m ...[text shortened]... n I can also defend supposide contradictions from the Bible. Why don't you give me 3 as well?
    1. ill leave that to ahosney
    2. there are things like that in the bible, so what
    3. why cant the moon be the seventh heaven just because it is close to earth?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:08

This is another link:

Any way:

1- The first one is simple:
    It is not contradiction and it is not different interpretation , it is a lack of knowlage.

The mentioned 6 verses.

YUSUFALI: Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve;

YUSUFALI: Those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil;-

YUSUFALI: For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.

So he is talking about the reward of the friends of GOD and it will not change. So it has nothing to do with the title of the contradiction.
    --------------------------------------------
    The second one:

YUSUFALI: And recite (and teach) what has been revealed to thee of the Book of thy Lord: none can change His Words, and none wilt thou find as a refuge other than Him.

It is clearly say no one can change GOD's words. And so for the other one.

YUSUFALI: We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

Both verses simply say no man can change in Quran, or corrupt it.

Is this clear....
    -----------------

Now lets look on the other side:

16:101
    YUSUFALI: When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not.

Here GOD talks about himself who choose what to reveal.

YUSUFALI: None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

Here also GOD talks about himself that he chooses what to tell us in Quran because he knows the best.

YUSUFALI: Allah doth blot out or confirm what He pleaseth: with Him is the Mother of the Book.

Again here GOD say he is the only one choose what to set in the Book. Because it is his words.

--
    The three verses are talking about the same thing: That GOD alone who choose what to reveal into the book.

These three verse talking about a well know verses that exist in Quran give some law and other verses give more general law. Infidals thought that this is a change. So GOD say it is not a change, it is his choise. I can give more details about this point if you want.

So if the first two [018.027],[015.009] talk about that Quran can't be corrupted and the other three [16:101],[002.106],[013.039]
    talkes about the GOD choose what to write in Quran, then where is the contradiction.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:251 edit

1. Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Quranic inheritance laws. When a man dies, and is leaving behind 3 daughters, his 2 parents, and his wife, they will recieve the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together and 1/8 for the wife which adds up to m n I can also defend supposide contradictions from the Bible. Why don't you give me 3 as well?
    I will take them one by one:

1- The first one is not a contradiction, it is not even a problem: I studied that in my grade 8.

The authers of the site simply need to do some reading.

There is complete Islamic science deal with inheritance laws:

In this propblem , find the minimum common number ,which in this case 24, then:

The two daughters should take 16 out of 24
    The wife will take 3 out 24
    And the two parents 8 out of 24

Which sum to 27, so we devide the money by 27 and give every one his share:

2 or more Daughters 16 out of 27
    Wife 2 out 27
    Two parents 8 out of 27.

This is a will known and documented inhertance problem and solved in the time of the prophet companions, according to their knowlage from the Prophet. And that is what the all Muslims follow scense then. It is called "Al-Minbariyah [The Pulpit] Question"

http://dictionary.al-islam.com/ENG/Dicts/SelDict.asp?Lang=ENG&CurrPage=2&Theme=8&RDF=1&DI=12

Edit: I tried to search for an English reference for this question and how it is solved, and what evidence Muslims scolars used for that, but unfortunatly I only found arabic references
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:40

1. Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Quranic inheritance laws. When a man dies, and is leaving behind 3 daughters, his 2 parents, and his wife, they will recieve the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together and 1/8 for the wife which adds up to m ...[text shortened]... n I can also defend supposide contradictions from the Bible. Why don't you give me 3 as well?
    2. Solomon talking to ants?!?!?!? (Sura 27:18-19) What's up with that? Is this logical?

Me and you whoody that when you talk about prophets and mericals then we don't talk about logic.

Although Quran said that GOD gave Solomon knowledge and how to speak to birds:

YUSUFALI: We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"

YUSUFALI: And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)"

So if he has the knowladge from GOD then there is not question here.

If you are talking about the scientific point of view , I think there are a successful trials for humans to communicate with animals like dolphins, and I read about intrepreting the language of Ants , they use scents to do so. So if science today was able to do some progress in that, so it is not logicly impossible.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:50

3. The Quran teaches that there are 7 heavens with one above the other (67:3, 71:15) and that the stars are in the lower heaven (67:5, 37:6, 41:12) but the moon is depicted as being inside the 7th heaven 71:16) even though in reality the stars are much further away from the earth than the moon.

Here is 71:15, and 16

YUSUFALI: "'See ye not how Allah has created the seven heavens one above another,
    YUSUFALI: "'And made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (Glorious) Lamp?

It doesn't say anything about the moon being in the 7th heaven. It say there are 7 heavens

Actually the verse [7:16] is clear prove that Quran is the word of GOD:

1- First it differentiate between the light comming from the moon and that of the sun, which I think was not what people belived 1400 ago.

2- It describe the moon as light, and the sun as lamp,

As we know the moon is not a source of light , it reflects light, while the sun is a source of light , it emit light.

So when the verse say that the moon is just a light and the sub is a source of light, I think no one know that 1400 years ago.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:51

BTW I know you can do it man. In fact, just for fun I can also defend supposide contradictions from the Bible. Why don't you give me 3 as well?

I have no problem man, I think I already gave more troubles before, I will wait to see you response first.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 06:56

I answered one of the eight, I have to sleep now, I will complete the list tomorrow,

For now the second one:

[as-Sajdah 32:5] He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.

Here it is talking about the GOD day. 1000 years.

[al-Ma`arij 70:4] (Whereby) the angels and the Spirit ascend unto Him in a Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years.
    Here GOD is talking about the period of time required for angles to ascend to him, which is 50000. Do you see a GOD day here,
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 07:46
    I answered one of the eight, I have to sleep now, I will complete the list tomorrow,

For now the second one:

[b][as-Sajdah 32:5] He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.

Here it is talking about the GOD day. 1000 years.

[al-M ...[text shortened]... period of time required for angles to ascend to him, which is 50000. Do you see a GOD day here,
    i think he has proved his point, dont give him any more contradictions, thats just a lot of work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree