1. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 16:24
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    It doesn't say species, it says everything.
    Read this:

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_1_50/all_things_in_pair.htm

http://www.alrisala.org/Articles/relgsci/pairs.htm

This is an open point, we can't reach an agreement, because it depends on what we know about the universe. And the knowlage that each of us have.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 18:502 edits
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Read this:

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_1_50/all_things_in_pair.htm

http://www.alrisala.org/Articles/relgsci/pairs.htm

This is an open point, we can't reach an agreement, because it depends on what we know about the universe. And the knowlage that each of us have.
    Sorry, the site did not help much.

I suppose I could maybe believe an animal could talk like a dog or a cat or a horse better than I could an ant. At least the other animals have a voice box with which to speak. If, however, Mohammad was communicating with them using scents well that makes perfect sense.......I guess. I somethimes communitcate using scents as well but usually after eating something that did not agree with me.

Edit: How would you feel if someone told you that ants were talking to them? What would be your first impression?🙄
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 19:11
    Give an example of species that is not on pairs.

[b]Surely not everything comes in pairs?

If you say so, then sure you can show a species that is not in Pairs.[/b]
    How about a brief history of asexual Cnemidophorus?

http://biology.creighton.edu/faculty/cullum/CnemmyInfo.htm

Should we now lay the Quran aside once and for all?
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 19:40
    Originally posted by whodey

I suppose I could maybe believe an animal could talk like a dog or a cat or a horse better than I could an ant. At least the other animals have a voice box with which to speak. If, however, Mohammad was communicating with them using scents well that makes perfect sense.......I guess. I somethimes communitcate using sce ...[text shortened]... feel if someone told you that ants were talking to them? What would be your first impression?🙄
    I actually don't think that is fair. One interpretation of the word 'talk' is to communicate. Take Newton, could it be said that he communicated with nature(read apple tree) in order to get some of his ideas?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 19:522 edits
    I actually don't think that is fair. One interpretation of the word 'talk' is to communicate. Take Newton, could it be said that he communicated with nature(read apple tree) in order to get some of his ideas?
    Ok, OK, so Mohammad could talk and/or communicate with ants. He still has not adressed the fact that there is a an asexual species unaccounted for by the Quran.
  6. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 19:59
    Ok, OK, so Mohammad could talk and/or communicate with ants. He still has not adressed the fact that there is a an asexual species unaccounted for by the Quran.
    The other thing that interested me was that ahosyney said he believed in the Gospel of Jesus, but didn't say which one. Any ideas?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 20:012 edits
    The other thing that interested me was that ahosyney said he believed in the Gospel of Jesus, but didn't say which one. Any ideas?
    I think it is the gospel that agrees with the Quran. Problem is, is that there is no such gospel. You see the Bible is supposidly riddled with mistakes.........that is only those portions that do not agree with the Quran. Muslims believe such rubbish as Christ having never been crucified on the cross and they come to this conclusion by supposidly reading the four gospels!!!!!!! Please read the four gospels and tell me if this makes a lick of sense.
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 20:101 edit
    I think it is the gospel that agrees with the Quran. Problem is, is that there is no such gospel. You see the Bible is supposidly riddled with mistakes.........that is only those portions that do not agree with the Quran. Muslims believe such rubbish as Christ having never been crucified on the cross and they come to this conclusion by supposidly reading the four gospels!!!!!!! Please read the four gospels and tell me if this makes a lick of sense.
    He didn't (or wouldn't) elaborate. Perhaps it's the Gospel of Barnabas?

Edit: there is another element to all this. I was curious about sectarianism within Islam, but apparently all Muslims believe the same thing. No disagreements between brothers eh?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 20:232 edits
    He didn't (or wouldn't) elaborate. Perhaps it's the Gospel of Barnabas?
    What Islam attempts to do to the Bible is equivalent to me taking bits and peices of the Quran and coming up with another religion. Islam would kill such a person if they attempted to do that with the Quran because the Quran is viewed as Holy and perfect. However, the religoin of the Christian and/or Jew and there holy book is viewed as corrupted and therefore fair game. It is disrespectful and arrogant to say the least.

The article I provided is a good syopsis of what they attempt to do. They attempt to point out a myriad of supposide contradictions within the Bible and then say that the Quran is perfect and therefore must be the true world of God. However, it appears to be much easier to dish out than it is to take.

As far as different beliefs and sects within Islam I am sure there are, however, I think for all Muslims Mohammad is their Jesus. Whatever he says is the truth and all else is suspect.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 21:041 edit

I suppose I could maybe believe an animal could talk like a dog or a cat or a horse better than I could an ant. At least the other animals have a voice box with which to speak. If, however, Mohammad was communicating with them using scents well that makes perfect sense.......I guess. I somethimes communitcate using sce ...[text shortened]... feel if someone told you that ants were talking to them? What would be your first impression?🙄
    I'm sorry whodey , I thought that we are here in respectable debate. This post doesn't make any sense, and it only show that the reason you started this thread is not to try to reach the truth but to make fun of the Quran and the Prophet and that is what I will not accept.

If this is your way to prove your point ,then I can't continue debating with you.

You are free to belive what you belive,

Sorry for wasting your time.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '06 23:05
    I'm sorry whodey , I thought that we are here in respectable debate. This post doesn't make any sense, and it only show that the reason you started this thread is not to try to reach the truth but to make fun of the Quran and the Prophet and that is what I will not accept.

If this is your way to prove your point ,then I can't continue debating with you.

You are free to belive what you belive,

Sorry for wasting your time.
    I also apologise. I just feel as though Christians are often the objects of ridicule and of disrespect and it often angers me. We see riots in the streets because of words spoken out against Mohammad but when Christ is blasphemed no one so much as raises an eyebrow. We also see riots in the streets when someone so much as sneezes on the Quran but as far as the Bible goes it is that other lesser holy book riddled with errors from which Mohammad generated the Quran and when it is disrespected nothing is done. After all, why do we even need it since we have the almighty Quran? I must remember, however, even when shown such disrespect I must not allow myself to disrespect those in return as I have done here. After all, Christ is suppose to be my example.

I did open this thread to prove a point, however, and that is I think the Bible has gotten a bad wrap. I do not believe it to be riddled with errors as many have charged such as yourself. I also do not buy into the notion that the Quran should be exempt from the same srcutiny that the Bible is under on these threads. If you do not care to continue our debate I will understand. However, if you do I will promise to keep the conversation respectful.
  12. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 01:28
    Does:

[b]ascend unto Him in a [b]Day whereof the span is fifty thousand years
    = the GOD day is fifty thousand years to you[/b]

If yes then either you don't know english or you have another problem I don't know,

I will gave a way to understand this, may be it will help:

The word day in Arabic is "Yawm", and in Arabic it is used for regular da ...[text shortened]... use In hadith this Issue is resolved and explained by the prophet.

So ................[/b]
    Ahosyney:
    It say that the GOD day is not like our days.
    Our day is depending on the rotation of the earth in front of the earth, but before creating the earth and son there is no 24 hrs.
    So GOD day is not like ours.
    How long is it? There are several location in the Quran where GOD talk about his day. It is mentioned 3 times it is like 1000 years of ours.
    Only one time it was said it is 50000 years when Quran was talking about a specific day , surrah 70:4(posted 25th november, in thread OT god)

Sorry, too late, you already admitted that a God day can be 1,000 or 50,000 years, thus (gasp) presenting a contradiction in the Quran.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 02:30
    I also apologise. I just feel as though Christians are often the objects of ridicule and of disrespect and it often angers me. We see riots in the streets because of words spoken out against Mohammad but when Christ is blasphemed no one so much as raises an eyebrow. We also see riots in the streets when someone so much as sneezes on the Quran but as far as ...[text shortened]... te I will understand. However, if you do I will promise to keep the conversation respectful.
    the difference is the muslims care what people think and the christians dont, the smart ones dont.
  14. Earth
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 07:01
    Muslims believe both the Bible and the Quran are the Word of God. After the prophets of God, the only source for the truth is the Word. If the Word is corrupted, the world plunges in darkness. How can we then be expected to find our way? Christians believe in the Bible, and the Bible must lead them to the Quran. It will be unjust for a Muslim to say that the Bible is full of mistakes. God will not allow this to happen, because then those who believe in the Bible will be lost. The mistakes must be in interpretation.

I apologize for "butting in."
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 07:22
    With the Bible continuously being called into question by supposide contradictions on this site and the Quran continuosly being painted as the perfect word of God I thought it only fair to bring up this web site about apparent contradictions in the Quran.

http://www.answereing-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
    Uh . . . I don't think too many people here are praising the Quran consistency. Maybe one or two.

Here's another site for hacking up the Quran, the Bible, and the Book of Mormon. Ignore whichever one you don't like and exploit the others.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/BOM/index.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree