1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:28
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I don't know why I'm fascinated by fitting the concept of adversity into your worldview.

Is Jesus also the guy(s) who nailed him to the cross?
    It may sound crazy...
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:30
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Okay, I'll take a stab at it. This is not crazy to me but it might be (probably) to you.
    Since I know the bible to be true and since it says that the god of this world has control over it, including governments, people, weather, etc. I have this analogy that I have thought of for some time.
    I imagine that most people and even some Christians (the unedu ...[text shortened]... curately presented with the Word of God, are they awakened and see what is really going on...🙂
    Dreams within dreams...
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:40
    Originally posted by JS357
    Dreams within dreams...
    I said you would think it crazy...🙂
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 01:35
    Okay, I'll take a stab at it. This is not crazy to me but it might be (probably) to you.
    Since I know the bible to be true and since it says that the god of this world has control over it, including governments, people, weather, etc. I have this analogy that I have thought of for some time.
    I imagine that most people and even some Christians (the unedu ...[text shortened]... curately presented with the Word of God, are they awakened and see what is really going on...🙂
    Reminds me of this.

Revelation 3:17-19
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Kelly
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 01:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Reminds me of this.

Revelation 3:17-19
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 Because you say, “I am rich, and have become wealthy, and have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked, 18 I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that ...[text shortened]... y see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

Kelly
    Very good...🙂
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 06:00
    "The Matrix is all around you. You can feel it when you go to work; when you go to church."
    -Morpheus
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 06:04
    It may sound crazy...
    I'm not sure if it's crazy, or just a redefinition of terms.

"Jesus is the guy who nailed him to the cross." -Me, on behalf of JS357

"It all depends on what your definition of 'is' is." -Bill Clinton
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 06:08
    I said you would think it crazy...🙂
    No, I like your analogy. You properly called it an imagined analogy and I only extended it. I can imagine the analogy extending to the point that all that we see, is a dream that God is having, to the point that some of the objects of his imagination are themselves dreaming, as you suggest. But it remains an analogy. The problem is that the language we are using forces "we" and "all that we see" and "God" into separate boxes where they cannot be.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 07:01
    I'm not sure if it's crazy, or just a redefinition of terms.

"Jesus is the guy who nailed him to the cross." -Me, on behalf of JS357

"It all depends on what your definition of 'is' is." -Bill Clinton
    It actually depends on how you define "Jesus" and "the guy who nailed him to the cross."

define: from de- "completely" (see de-) + finire "to bound, limit,"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=define

What I am suggesting looks beyond any such bounds and limits.
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 11:43
    This is an entry in the competition, BTW. 🙂
    by far the most ludicrous!
  11. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 12:53
    A certain organization [which shall remain nameless] is taking flack in the forum for believing crazy things, like not allowing blood transfusions.

But rather than yet another thread of pointing fingers, let's have a thread where you win by having the craziest belief. I mean, some of you actually think that every animal species on earth lived o ...[text shortened]... ree* bag of RHP Spiritually-enhanced jelly beans.

*(not including shipping and handling)
    I am neither an atheist nor a theist.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:25
    Originally posted by Taoman
    what are you!!! i demand to know!!!! ive got all these boxes with labels and i need to put you all in one. spill the beans..........i guess i could but you in miscellaneous for now.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:28
    Originally posted by Taoman
    That doesn't matter - I just want to know if you have any crazy beliefs.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:28
    Originally posted by nook7
    by far the most ludicrous!
    Thank you. 🙂
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:33
    It actually depends on how you define "Jesus" and "the guy who nailed him to the cross."

define: from de- "completely" (see de-) + finire "to bound, limit,"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=define

What I am suggesting looks beyond any such bounds and limits.
    Are we talking re-definition, or removal of definition?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree