1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 05:441 edit
    A certain organization [which shall remain nameless] is taking flack in the forum for believing crazy things, like not allowing blood transfusions.

But rather than yet another thread of pointing fingers, let's have a thread where you win by having the craziest belief. I mean, some of you actually think that every animal species on earth lived on the same boat for a solid year.

And there are Christian "Cosmologists" who think that time has been dilated so that 30 billion+ years happened in the rest of the universe, yet only 6000 years happened here on earth.

So, here's a chance to let it all out...no judgments [well, except to pick the winner, of course]. What's the craziest belief you hold? Winner gets a free* bag of RHP Spiritually-enhanced jelly beans.

*(not including shipping and handling)
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 05:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    A certain organization [which shall remain nameless] is taking flack in the forum for believing crazy things, like not allowing blood transfusions.

But rather than yet another thread of pointing fingers, let's have a thread where you win by having the craziest belief. I mean, some of you actually think that every animal species on earth lived o ...[text shortened]... ree* bag of RHP Spiritually-enhanced jelly beans.

I believe God is everywhere in His completeness, meaning there isn't anything,
    anywhere, at any time He cannot give His full attention too and bring to bear His
    full might in things very great in size or very small.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 05:59

But rather than yet another thread of pointing fingers, let's have a thread where you win by having the craziest belief. I mean, some of you actually think that every animal species on earth lived o ...[text shortened]... ree* bag of RHP Spiritually-enhanced jelly beans.

Love it!

I believe that I am all that exists, allowing for the fact that I encompass everything that exists; no matter how remote anything that exists may seem to be.

Is that crazy enough?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 06:36

An interesting idea you have there, but I been thinking on it for about 20 minutes now and I can't think of any crazy beliefs I have. I guess I'm just a normal everyddy average guy.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 06:44
    What's the craziest belief you hold?
    How can you hold a belief yet judge it crazy? I suppose the best we can do is pick a belief we think others will judge crazy, so my craziest belief is that there is no god(s) and the whole universe operates via a set of fairly basic laws that has given rise to all that we see.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 07:06
    What's the craziest belief you hold?
    With the Twhitehead Proviso in mind... I believe in the human spirit, the abstract and physical capacities that allow us to act, interact, to affect each other and to affect our surroundings; in our ability to face up to challenges and solve problems; I believe that more and more people are living better, healthier, freer, more meaningful, less violent and more secure lives now than ever before; and I believe this process is going on out there as we speak.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 07:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    With the Twhitehead Proviso in mind... I believe in the human spirit, the abstract and physical capacities that allow us to act, interact, to affect each other and to affect our surroundings; in our ability to face up to challenges and solve problems; I believe that more and more people are living better, healthier, freer, more meaningful, less violent and more secure lives now than ever before; and I believe this process is going on out there as we speak.
    Now that's crazy.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 08:13
    Originally posted by JS357
    Love it!

I believe that I am all that exists, allowing for the fact that I encompass everything that exists; no matter how remote anything that exists may seem to be.

Is that crazy enough?
    No
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 08:41
    i believe that most of societies problems can be cured by people having more sex.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 09:34
    I have a dream that one day Robbie Carrobie will free himself from the shackles of his self induced closed-mindedness and ignorance, by 'manning up' and accepting my book offer. One day he will be sat in his own home perusing through the amazing feats of evolutionary theory.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 09:361 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I have a dream that one day Robbie Carrobie will free himself from the shackles of his self induced closed-mindedness and ignorance, by 'manning up' and accepting my book offer. One day he will be sat in his own home perusing through the amazing feats of evolutionary theory.
    free thinking liberal, ask sumydid
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 09:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    free thinking liberal, ask sumydid
    I don't rely on sumydid's bizarro world of definitions. I use your own words.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 09:58
    I don't rely on sumydid's bizarro world of definitions. I use your own words.
    free thinking liberal, you cannot deny it.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 10:001 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    free thinking liberal, you cannot deny it.
    Prove it, send me your address and i'll post this book to you. Feel free to send me anything in return.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 10:471 edit
    Prove it, send me your address and i'll post this book to you. Feel free to send me anything in return.
    I said free and liberal, not crazeeeee!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree