Criminal or Insane

Criminal or Insane

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Okay, what should be a normal healthy attitude of a Christian concerning how she or he measures up to strictly following the New Testament ?

Paul in the middle part of his life wrote this:

[b]"Not that I have already obtained or am already perfected, but I pursue, if even I may lay hold of that for which I also have been laid hold of by Christ Jesus. ...[text shortened]... that we are about to stand before this Son of God face to face.

Amen.
well said.

P

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward
actually you are sounding defensive, and rightfully so. You made the implication about the old testament, I merely responded with accurate information, and a likely astute observation about your point of view. I think I hit the nail on the head.
I know I made the implication about the old testament... so what?

You are just another arrogant christian who thinks they can read minds and is wrong as ever.

Let me know if you want to actually know what I think and we can possibly have a civil conversation... or you can keep your ignorant assumptions.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
19 Jan 11
4 edits

the burden of proof is not on us, or me, it is on him. He made an accusation, he should be prepared to support it.
You shall not utter the name of another God.
English is filled with the names of pagan gods - even the days of the week are named for them: Thursday, for the Norse god of thunder Thor.

http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb.asp?id=rules

That's pretty much all the english speakers sorted, the rest is left as an exercise for 667joe.
(HINT: You may find these useful:
If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)
)

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Agerg
[b]You shall not utter the name of another God.
English is filled with the names of pagan gods - even the days of the week are named for them: Thursday, for the Norse god of thunder Thor.

http://www.ajjacobs.com/books/yolb.asp?id=rules

That's pretty much all the english speakers sorted, the rest is left as an exercise for 667joe.
[ . (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

)[/i][/b]
Fail. Context counts, a day of the week is a day of the week

also: the new testament covenant supercedes the old testament covenant...double fail

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I know I made the implication about the old testament... so what?

You are just another arrogant christian who thinks they can read minds and is wrong as ever.

Let me know if you want to actually know what I think and we can possibly have a civil conversation... or you can keep your ignorant assumptions.
I've read enough of your posts to know that your calling me arrogant is the pot calling the kettle black.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
19 Jan 11
4 edits

Fail. Context counts, a day of the week is a day of the week
Nope...Your god never stipulated any exceptions for context.

and as per your edit, 667joe made his statement about the Bible, he never constrained his assertion to any specific part - the Bible includes the OT.

P

Moves
19 Jan 11

I've read enough of your posts to know that your calling me arrogant is the pot calling the kettle black.
I am not really arrogant, I just like making snarky and sarcastic commments on this forum occasionally.

If you want to actually have a real conversation let me know. I promise to try and keep the sarcasm to a minimum.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Nope...Your god never stipulated any exceptions for context.

and as per your edit, 667joe made his statement about the Bible, he never specified any specific part - it includes the OT.
The bible taken as a whole culminates with the new covenant and freedom from levitical law, so Old Testament laws are obsolete and thus are not counted.

Fail still stands.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I am not really arrogant, I just like making snarky and sarcastic commments on this forum occasionally.

If you want to actually have a real conversation let me know. I promise to try and keep the sarcasm to a minimum.
Shoot...what do you want to discuss?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

The bible taken as a whole culminates with the new covenant and freedom from levitical law, so Old Testament laws are obsolete and thus are not counted.

Fail still stands.
Nope...The legitimacy of the laws is moot - he said no one lives like in the Bible; he needs only find one law which no one obeys - whether the law now is valid or not is irrelevant.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Nope...The legitimacy of the laws is moot - he said no one lives like in the Bible; he needs only find one law which no one obeys - whether the law now is valid or not is irrelevant.
that is merely your interpretation of what he said

nanner nanner poo poo, I'm right your wrong

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

that is merely your interpretation of what he said

nanner nanner poo poo, I'm right your wrong
Nope...You quoted him on:
Let's face it, nobody lives the way the bible says.

It's up to 667joe to decide what he meant by that; and if he adopts my interpretation he can quite easily present the proof you so desire.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Nope...You quoted him on:
Let's face it, nobody lives the way the bible says.

It's up to 667joe to decide what he meant by that; and if he adopts my interpretation he can quite easily present the proof you so desire.
even so. it is impossible to prove such an assertion

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

even so. it is impossible to prove such an assertion
Nope...still wrong, consider again:

If there exists at least one person still alive who follows a different religion then there exists no person who has successfully obeyed this law.

Vishvahetu follows a different religion.

F

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

the burden of proof is not on us, or me, it is on him. He made an accusation, he should be prepared to support it.
So you cannot find one, not one. Not even yourself. Because not even you live like Jesus did. Are you a True Christian?

And that's my point.