Criminal or Insane

Criminal or Insane

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]===================================
The one thinking that all Christians strictly follow the teachings of the New Testament really is insane. I don't really think any Christian really think that. Do you?
=======================================

If I wrote you a somewhat more detailed response could you read it ?

I would like to ...[text shortened]... e normal Christian life and attitude.

Would you read my response if it is in one post ?[/b]
Did Paul live like Jesus? Di he lived by other rules than those Jesus lived by? Is Paul really a True Christian?

When the words of StPaul differ from the word of Jesus, then who is right? He StPaul or Jesus?

j

Moves
19 Jan 11
2 edits

====================================
Did Paul live like Jesus? Di he lived by other rules than those Jesus lived by? Is Paul really a True Christian?
=====================================

Brother Paul was a very mature Christian. He lived Christ and left us a splendid pattern. Paul was an overcoming and victorious Christian disciple.

I believe this is why God appointed him to author 13 or so of the 27 New Testament books.

And there were other victorious Christians in history, as good patterns for the church also.

=====================================
When the words of StPaul differ from the word of Jesus, then who is right? He StPaul or Jesus?

I have never had any problem of decrepancies between the words of the Apostle Paul against those of Jesus.

The Christ who dwelt in Paul also dwells in me and in every regenerated brother or sister in Christ. As Paul held fast to Christ as the Lord and Head of the Body of Christ, so must each of us in the church do likewise.

F

Moves
19 Jan 11

I have never had any problem of decrepancies between the words of the Apostle Paul against those of Jesus.
I'm glad you recognize discrepancies between the words of Jesus and those of StPaul.

If you don't have problems with these decrepancies is of no relevance whatsoever. If the word of StPaul differs from those of Jesus, then one is wrong and the other is right. Who is who, I ask.

I think the words of Jesus must be the ones that is correct, and StPaul's is erroneous. And this shows that StPauls is not a True Christian, if "to be a True Christian is to be as Jesus" is a true statement.

j

Moves
19 Jan 11
2 edits

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I'm glad you recognize discrepancies between the words of Jesus and those of StPaul.

If you don't have problems with these decrepancies is of no relevance whatsoever. If the word of StPaul differs from those of Jesus, then one is wrong and the other is right. Who is who, I ask.

I think the words of Jesus must be the ones that is correct, and StPaul' ...[text shortened]... is not a True Christian, if "to be a True Christian is to be as Jesus" is a true statement.
======================================
===================================

What I wrote was "I have never had any problem of decrepancies between the words of the Apostle Paul against those of Jesus. "

I said I have no problem. You seemed to misunderstand me. Perhaps you could quote me where I spoke of discrepancies between the words of Christ and those of His Apostle Paul.

Things said in a different way do not constitute discrepencies.

If you don't have problems with these decrepancies is of no relevance whatsoever.
==================================

Why are you seeking to drive a wedge between Christ and His apostle ?

And where are these problematic discrepencies ? Do you know of some rival concept from Paul to those words of Jesus ?

Where ? Give me Christ's word and then Paul's letters or messages in Acts. Point out to me the big problem please. This should be easy for you.

If the word of StPaul differs from those of Jesus, then one is wrong and the other is right. Who is who, I ask.

Above I requested your example. You may give me your two strongest cases of rival and contrary teachings between Christ and one of His apostles, Paul.

This should be easy for you, for you are very confident that such problems exist. I hope you will not let someone else steal your thunder. I want to see YOU FabianFnas submit your problem discrepencies. Please don't let me wait for someone else to chime in.

======================================
I think the words of Jesus must be the ones that is correct, and StPaul's is erroneous. And this shows that StPauls is not a True Christian, if "to be a True Christian is to be as Jesus" is a true statement

We can set aside for the moment, whose right and whose not right. I simply want to see your sampled discrepencies.

I think you are imagining problems.

j

Moves
19 Jan 11

Actually, Christ continues His ministry through His apostles.

So Paul's speaking is also the speaking of the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit's speaking is only that speaking of Jesus Christ in His exaltation (John 16:13)

F

Moves
19 Jan 11

[b]======================================

What I wrote was "I have never had any problem of decrepancies between the words of the Apostle Paul against those of Jesus. "

I said I have no problem. You seemed ...[text shortened]... simply want to see your sampled discrepencies.

I think you are imagining problems.[/b]
You recognizing discerpencies, problems or not, is good enough for me. You know where they are. If the words of either differs from the other, then they don't agree. One is wrong, the other is right. One is agreeing with the words of Jesus, the other is not. Simple enough. Case closed.

j

Moves
19 Jan 11

You recognizing discerpencies, problems or not, is good enough for me. You know where they are. If the words of either differs from the other, then they don't agree. One is wrong, the other is right. One is agreeing with the words of Jesus, the other is not. Simple enough. Case closed.
========================================
=================================

You seem to have no case at all. It is ridiculous what you say here.

So if Paul did not repeat verbatim the phrases of Jesus with the exact words like a lifeless ROBOT then he contradicts Jesus ?????

This is ultral legalism. This is not a living disciple of Jesus. You want a lifeless robotic machine !

F

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

========================================
===================== ultral legalism. This is not a living disciple of Jesus. You want a lifeless robotic machine !
You do realize that I am commenting on the words of Robert Ingersoll, he who said "If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament he would be a criminal. If he would strictly follow the teachings of the New, he would be insane.", don't you?

You are suggesting that one who follows Jesus words and his teachings to the last dot is nothing more than a lifeless robotic machine. And to this I agree.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

So you cannot find one, not one. Not even yourself. Because not even you live like Jesus did. Are you a True Christian?

And that's my point.
I live as Christ asked me to live, as do many others

j

Moves
19 Jan 11

You do realize that I am commenting on the words of Robert Ingersoll, he who said "If a man would follow, today, the teachings of the Old Testament he would be a criminal. If he would strictly follow the teachings of the New, he would be insane.", don't you?

You are suggesting that one who follows Jesus words and his teachings to the last dot is nothing more than a lifeless robotic machine. And to this I agree.
=========================
You do realize that I am commenting on the words of Robert Ingersoll
============================

I think you want to send me off to go argue with Robert Ingersoll because you really haven't carefully thought out your own argument.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by Doward
I live as Christ asked me to live, as do many others
That must put you around 1970yrs old!!!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That must put you around 1970yrs old!!!
your response makes no sense.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jan 11

Originally posted by Doward
your response makes no sense.
The 'big JC' died around 30AD (allegedly).

If he asked you to live a certain way that would make you at least 1970yrs old.

j

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

The best summary of the teaching of Jesus to His discples -

"Abide in Me and I in you"

Christ is resurrected and available. And the followers of Jesus have thier first and foremost responsibilty to abide in His living and available presence within them.

Attempts to make the Christian experience Islamic or Judaic legalism fail.
Attempts to distill Christian dicscipleship from abiding in the Holy Spirit to legal letter keeping fail as handy skeptical accusations against the living union of Christ and His followers.

j

Moves
19 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The 'big JC' died around 30AD (allegedly).

If he asked you to live a certain way that would make you at least 1970yrs old.
Jesus is with us until the consummation of the age according to His own true word:

"And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt.28:20)

He is the available and living resurrected Christ, who became "a life giving Spirit"

" ... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

So this Son of God, though physically we await Him, as life giving Spirit is the Lord living within giving divine life.

So His words to come and make an abode with His believers is absolutely reliable:

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

This is the indwelling Triune God, the indwelling Christ and His Father as the Divine "WE" coming into man's innermost being.

Don't you all sometimes feel kind of empty within ? That is your human spirit longing to be filled with the Holy Spirit of the Triune God.

Believe me.