1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 18:33
    I managed to escape after 25 years. I feel for the ones that are still trapped there.

News24 has unlocked the lead story from Saturday for non-subscribers: https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/kwasizabantu-church-cult-20200919
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 20:23
    @dj2becker said
    I managed to escape after 25 years. I feel for the ones that are still trapped there.

News24 has unlocked the lead story from Saturday for non-subscribers: https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/kwasizabantu-church-cult-20200919
    Is the Pieter Becker mentioned in the report a relation of yours?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Sep '20 20:40
    @dj2becker said

I could never understand how people can claim that they are trapped in a cult. Are they physically tied down or locked in a room? Are their feet cut off? If not then its all their own fault for being stupid.
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 00:32
    @rajk999 said
    I could never understand how people can claim that they are trapped in a cult. Are they physically tied down or locked in a room? Are their feet cut off? If not then its all their own fault for being stupid.
    mental prisons are real prisons
    i am happy you are unaffected
    not all are so fortunate
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 00:52
    @rookie54 said
    not all are so fortunate
    A prison in your mind affecting you ? Thats the definition of stupidity. It is caused by a generation that grew up lazy, depending on others to look after them, trusting others to make decisions for them and, trusting the wrong people. Sometimes the wrong people are those in your own family. Jesus said to get rid of them. Maybe if some of these people read the teachings of Christ they would be strong enough to walk away from the stupidity.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 04:53
    @rajk999 said
    A prison in your mind affecting you ? Thats the definition of stupidity. It is caused by a generation that grew up lazy, depending on others to look after them, trusting others to make decisions for them and, trusting the wrong people. Sometimes the wrong people are those in your own family. Jesus said to get rid of them. Maybe if some of these people read the teachings of Christ they would be strong enough to walk away from the stupidity.
    Have you recently signed up to an online course on talking bollox or something?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 06:57
    @dj2becker said
    You might have considered doing something to expose it when you managed to escape after 25 years, then perhaps there wouldn't have been people 'still trapped there" for so long.

Even just 2-3 years ago on this forum, you were - for all intents and purposes ~ still defending the cult from accusations of psychological abuse even after describing the psychological abuse in some detail.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 08:351 edit
    @divegeester said
    Have you recently signed up to an online course on talking bollox or something?
    I know if you had something to post of substance you would have done it, so I guess thats the best you can muster. Two posts by you and nothing of value people can respond to. I posted my opinion, let me see you provide a decent counter argument. Just so you know, I was in a cult myself. Grew up in one. By around 18 yrs I realized where I was and that had to do something. By around 25 I was out. Its a hard road, and it takes guts. Having to tell your parents, friends that they are wrong, knowing that you will be ostracized is what stops people from doing the right thing. The weak and the stupid ones, take 25 yrs to leave a cult.

So post something of substance. Surprise me.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 08:39
    @fmf said
    You might have considered doing something to expose it when you managed to escape after 25 years, then perhaps there wouldn't have been people 'still trapped there" for so long.

Even just 2-3 years ago on this forum, you were - for all intents and purposes ~ still defending the cult from accusations of psychological abuse even after describing the psychological abuse in some detail.
    This is exactly right. He was here doing that for years. Why does it take so long for people to do the right thing
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 09:05
    @divegeester said
    Is the Pieter Becker mentioned in the report a relation of yours?
    Brother.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 09:17
    @fmf said

I essentially said I don’t think I suffered as much as others did. But ok keep on twisting my words. I am currently working with the media.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 13:25
    @rajk999 said
    A prison in your mind affecting you ? Thats the definition of stupidity.
    No, not really.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupid

There is nothing in there about mental illness.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 13:50
    @rookie54 said
    not all are so fortunate
    Exactly.

All the money that is spent on advertising because companies have evidence that they can cause real change with just seconds of advertising time to influence you. So imagine how much people can control, manipulate and suggest when they have you 24/7 at the most vulnerable life stage.

Immense respect is due to anybody who manages to break away at all. It amazed me how much secondary trauma I saw done to people breaking out of abusive situations because people decided to judge them for the time it had taken them, the times they had gone back or the extreme and sometimes bizarre approaches that had been necessary to survive. Worst of all people are taught to re-abuse themselves.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 15:00
    @bigdoggproblem said
    No, not really.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupid

There is nothing in there about mental illness.
    Allowing a church pastor or some church elder to tell you [an adult], that they are spiritually cleansing you by performing acts of a sexual nature on you, means that you are damn stupid. Thats not mental illness.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Sep '20 15:11
    @petewxyz said
    Exactly.

All the money that is spent on advertising because companies have evidence that they can cause real change with just seconds of advertising time to influence you. So imagine how much people can control, manipulate and suggest when they have you 24/7 at the most vulnerable life stage.

Immense respect is due to anybody who manages to break away at all. It amazed ...[text shortened]... pproaches that had been necessary to survive. Worst of all people are taught to re-abuse themselves.
    Some societies have perfected the art of blaming others for all their ills. Its always the fault of the government, big businesses, parents, the teachers, the employers, your friends, your spouse or some TV programme ... etc. Where Im from, if you screw up and mess up your life, its your own damn fault.

Im always amazed at some of these people in the US small claims court [Judge Judy for example], who are quick to blame others and quick to sue people for their mistakes. Society does the damage and the courts have to set them straight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree