The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 01:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Curiosity Corner
    (OP)

"1. What are the three most important absolute truths revealed within the Word of God?"

"2. If you knew that you would die one hour from now, what would you do during your final hour of life on earth?"

3. Have you decided on a simple crema ...[text shortened]... without a ceremony or a graveside service;
    if so, how will the epitaph on your tombstone read?[/b]
    Nothing different on the outside.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 11:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The point is not whether the speaker is making an interpretation, or not; it is that the reader necessarily makes an interpretation. So, even if you've got something completely divinely inspired, true in every detail, a conglomeration of facts polished to perfection like a diamond, it gets passed through the lens of the reader's own eyes ...[text shortened]... eader's own imagination. This is inevitable and spiritual progress is made once one realizes it.
    Well said.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 11:19
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Curiosity Corner

"1. What are the three most important absolute truths revealed within the Word of God?

2. When does eternity begin?

3. If you knew that you would die one hour from now, what would you do during your final hour of life on earth?

4. Have you decided on a simple cremation without a ceremony or a graveside service;
    if so, how will the epitaph on your tombstone read?

5. "If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?" -@FKBH"

6. What is the missing link between homo sapiens and apes?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 12:12
    What is the missing link between homo sapiens and apes?
    Homo sapiens are a kind of ape. Perhaps the link is only missing in your religionist thinking due to your ideology? 😉
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 14:23
    The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnᵻdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates that includes seven extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean and Sumatran orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, the human.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 16:15
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnᵻdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates that includes seven extant species in four genera: Pongo, the Bornean and Sumatran orangutan; Gorilla, the eastern and western gorilla; Pan, the common chimpanzee and the bonobo; and Homo, the human.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae
    "The Hominidae (/hɒˈmɪnᵻdiː/), whose members are known as great apes[note 1] or hominids, are a taxonomic family of primates..."

YouTube
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '16 22:45
    Curiosity Corner

"1. What are the three most important absolute truths revealed within the Word of God?

2. When does eternity begin?

3. If you knew that you would die one hour from now, what would you do during your final hour of life on earth?

4. Have you decided on a simple cremation without a ceremony or a graveside service;
    if so, how will the epitaph on your tombstone read?

5. "If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?"

6. What is the missing link between homo sapiens and apes?

7. As a believer in Christ, which people named in the Word of God do you look forward to meeting in heaven?

Mine will include Mephibosheth* and the Disciple Peter.

David’s Kindness to Mephibosheth*:

"2 Samuel: 9 Then David said, “Is there yet [a]anyone left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?” 2 Now there was a servant of the house of Saul whose name was Ziba, and they called him to David; and the king said to him, “Are you Ziba?” And he said, “I am your servant.” 3 The king said, “Is there not yet anyone of the house of Saul to whom I may show the kindness of God?” And Ziba said to the king, “There is still a son of Jonathan who is crippled in both feet.” 4 So the king said to him, “Where is he?” And Ziba said to the king, “Behold, he is in the house of Machir the son of Ammiel in Lo-debar.” 5 Then King David sent and brought him from the house of Machir the son of Ammiel, from Lo-debar. 6 Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan the son of Saul, came to David and fell on his face and prostrated himself. And David said, “Mephibosheth.” And he said, “Here is your servant!” 7 David said to him, “Do not fear, for I will surely show kindness to you for the sake of your father Jonathan, and will restore to you all the [b ]land of your [c]grandfather Saul; and you shall [d]eat at my table regularly.” 8 Again he prostrated himself and said, “What is your servant, that you should regard a dead dog like me?”

9 Then the king called Saul’s servant Ziba and said to him, “All that belonged to Saul and to all his house I have given to your master’s [e]grandson. 10 You and your sons and your servants shall cultivate the land for him, and you shall bring in the produce so that your master’s grandson may have food; nevertheless Mephibosheth your master’s grandson shall [f]eat at my table regularly.” Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants. 11 Then Ziba said to the king, “According to all that my lord the king commands his servant so your servant will do.” So Mephibosheth ate at [g]David’s table as one of the king’s sons. 12 Mephibosheth had a young son whose name was Mica. And all who lived in the house of Ziba were servants to Mephibosheth. 13 So Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, for he ate at the king’s table regularly. Now he was lame in both feet."

Footnotes: a.2 Samuel 9:1 Lit he who is; b.2 Samuel 9:7 Lit field; c.2 Samuel 9:7 Lit father; d.2 Samuel 9:7 Lit eat bread; e.2 Samuel 9:9 Lit son
    f.2 Samuel 9:10 Lit eat bread; g.2 Samuel 9:11 Lit my" (New American Standard Bible)
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    Homo sapiens are a kind of ape. Perhaps the link is only missing in your religionist thinking due to your ideology? 😉
    Do "apes" have a soul?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 09:19
    Do "apes" have a soul?
    If by "soul" you have some sort of Christian definition of a "soul" in mind, please provide it, and if it is coherent, I will give an answer.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 20:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Nothing different on the outside.
    And on the inside?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 20:58
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The point is not whether the speaker is making an interpretation, or not; it is that the reader necessarily makes an interpretation. So, even if you've got something completely divinely inspired, true in every detail, a conglomeration of facts polished to perfection like a diamond, it gets passed through the lens of the reader's own eyes ...[text shortened]... eader's own imagination. This is inevitable and spiritual progress is made once one realizes it.
    It also gets passed by the reader's volition: Do I accept or reject this information?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 08:08
    Do "apes" have a soul?
    No "soul" has ever been usefully defined and measured.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 08:35
    No "soul" has ever been usefully defined and measured.
    That is presumably why Grampy Bobby has simply ignored my answer to his question. 🙂
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 08:36
    "If God didn't exist, what possible difference would it make whether or not people put their faith in Him?" -@FKBH
    Who is this character @FKBH?

"Sorry, this player is not known at Red Hot Pawn. If you linked to this page, please hit the back button on your browser. Alternatively, click here to visit the home page."
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 08:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Who is this character @FKBH?

"Sorry, this player is not known at Red Hot Pawn. If you linked to this page, please hit the back button on your browser. Alternatively, click here to visit the home page."
    If I'm not mistaken, the exquisitely clunky and nonsensical quote along the lines of just believe in god even if he doesn't exist, what does it matter? is by FreakyKBH.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree