damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
Are your eyes opening? This is exciting.
Opening to what?

F

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Why is it so important for you to have God reveal Himself?
Without any revelation, how can there be instructions that are known, how can there be rewards and punishments, promises and threats - how can there be said to be a code of divine origin to govern human behaviour?

c

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Without any revelation, how can there be instructions that are known, how can there be rewards and punishments, promises and threats - how can there be said to be a code of divine origin to govern human behaviour?
I meant 'in person'.

The things you listed are supposed to be in the Bible.

F

Moves
20 May 17

The things you listed are supposed to be in the Bible.
Well, the things I listed only have traction and relevance if one believes that the Bible records a real and credible revelation of a supernatural being with wants, needs and instructions to dispense. As far as I understand, apathist doesn't believe it is 'God revealing Himself'.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
20 May 17

Why is it so important for you to have God reveal Himself?....
Real stuff is apparent?

c

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, the things I listed only have traction and relevance if one believes that the Bible records a real and credible revelation of a supernatural being with wants, needs and instructions to dispense. As far as I understand, apathist doesn't believe it is 'God revealing Himself'.
Why did you omit the 1st part of my post?

It appears that apathist is demanding that God stop hiding, and show Himself.

F

Moves
20 May 17

Why did you omit the 1st part of my post?
Because I think it is a bit of a red herring.

F

Moves
20 May 17

And what's wrong with that exactly?

c

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
And what's wrong with that exactly?
I explained it twice on the previous page.

F

Moves
20 May 17
1 edit

I explained it twice on the previous page.
No you did not. If you read what you said to apathist again, it's as if you are not really engaging him at all, let alone having "explained" something to him (or me).

F

Moves
20 May 17

Why is it so important for you to have God reveal Himself? In the Exodus story, God's presence was with the Israelites day and night, but it didn't matter. Their behavior didn't change.
What "presence"?

F

Moves
20 May 17

apathist doesn't think God has revealed Himself. As it happens, I don't think God has revealed Himself either. Do you think God has revealed Himself?

c

Moves
20 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
apathist doesn't think God has revealed Himself. As it happens, I don't think God has revealed Himself either. Do you think God has revealed Himself?
I did NOT say that God revealed Himself.

I said that apathist WANTS God to STOP hiding, and reveal Himself, in person, to apathist.

My theory: it may not do any good. For ANY of us. And God knows that!

F

Moves
20 May 17

My theory: it may not do any good. For ANY of us. And God knows that!
But countless Christians think God has revealed Himself and there is almost unlimited evidence that many or most of them think it has do them good. What evidence have you got to the contrary?

F

Moves
20 May 17

I said that apathist WANTS God to STOP hiding, and reveal Himself, in person, to apathist.
What "in person" actually means will vary from person to person. If you have been reading what some Christians say on this forum, you will know that there are those who believe they have encountered Jesus "in person" and that this belief is key to their faith and their perception of God's revelation.