damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

damage to a part of brain=fundamentalism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
Oh man, that came out wrong. Plus I keep dropping words and having to edit.

Do you ever think people should find middle ground? Or should the factions just wipe the others out.
It's a dilemma, which stems from one's perception of evidence of creation, as I stated earlier.

I compare it to two people in an art museum, viewing an abstract painting. It's likely that both people will 'see' something completely different from the same piece of art.

How can I convince Ghost, for example, that I 'view' human life as proof of creation, when he 'sees' something else? I cannot.

Same evidence, different interpretation.

F

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by apathist
Do you ever think people should find middle ground?
Too often, "middle ground" just means something that no one really believes in. Either that, or it doesn't satisfy. For example:

Poster 1: I believe X.
Poster 2: Well X is wrong. I believe Y.
Poster 1: Well I understand Y, I acknowledge that you believe Y, I think you have explained your belief in Y very well ~ although I don't share it ~ I am unaffected by Y, I wish you well with believing Y. We can just agree to disagree. [Note: this is a kind of middle ground when it comes to diametrical beliefs, yes?]
Poster 2: I don't accept what you say. You have got to believe Y like me because I don't believe X.. [Note: i.e. the middle ground you propose is not acceptable.]

F

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
How can I convince Ghost, for example, that I 'view' human life as proof of creation, when he 'sees' something else? I cannot.
He knows you view human life as proof of creation. You have said it umpteen times. Why do you think you have not convinced him that it is your view?

c

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
He knows you view human life as proof of creation. You have said it umpteen times. Why do you think you have not convinced him that it is your view?
Yes, Ghost knows my view, that wasn't my point. Maybe I was not clear.

If I view human life as proof of creation, and Ghost does not, then we must agree to disagree, in the same way as the differing opinion of what we 'see' in the abstract painting.

How can one convince someone else to 'see' something that they just don't see? They probably cannot.

F

Moves
16 May 17

How can one convince someone else to 'see' something that they just don't see? They probably cannot.
Why do you feel the need to convince him?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

It's a dilemma, which stems from one's perception of evidence of creation, as I stated earlier.

I compare it to two people in an art museum, viewing an abstract painting. It's likely that both people will 'see' something completely different from the same piece of art.

I don't see anything mean about that, nothing nasty. Some nasty stuff will come if we carefully look. But right now, we are just travelers, looking. There is kinda this prevision that there are sides, and we are supposed to fight. I don't agree.

I love the jihad idiots. They are so strong in feeling. I'd kill them all in a moment if I had the power, but they are saying something important. Why can't we find the middle ground.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 May 17
2 edits

I love the jihad idiots. They are so strong in feeling. I'd kill them all in a moment if I had the power, but what they are saying is something important.
They say your baby is guilty. Oh wait, was that the controllers opinion? The jihad idiots are being played. It is not the bombers fault, really. There are levels to this battle.

I guess I don't know all of them. The levels I mean. But I see more than you.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

fanatics

This is normal for abrahamic religions. Judism, christianity, muslim. kicking out uncivilized people. I don't want them on my starship.

I don't really have a starship. But I can kick them out of my house. I do it a lot, really.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Indeed sir. You can't own what you don't have.
I pointed to what I believe shows God is real, you are speaking as if nothing was offered.

Grass Farmer

Moves
16 May 17

Yes, Ghost knows my view, that wasn't my point. Maybe I was not clear.

If I view human life as proof of creation, and Ghost does not, then we must agree to disagree, in the same way as the differing opinion of what we 'see' in the abstract painting.

And it's the same with ghost when it comes to his medication gods of psychiatry. He expects others to believe in some super-natural powers without being able to explain what they do scientifically for the person taking them. Don't feel too bad when you deal with hypocrites like ghost they share a very similar psychology to you and the same expectations of others he forces his beliefs on.

T

Moves
16 May 17
1 edit

Let's say two people simultaneously look at the same wooded area. One sees a ghost. The other does not.

Do you similarly believe that the first individual has valid evidence that ghosts actually exist? Leprechauns? Big foot?

F

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
Ghost of a Duke expects others to believe in some super-natural powers without being able to explain what they do scientifically for the person taking them.
Your claim is false. Ghost of a Duke has not said he expected and has not asked anyone to believe in "some super-natural powers" attached to medicines used in psychiatry. This is something you have projected - unsuccessfully and incoherently - onto him.

Grass Farmer

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Your claim is false. Ghost of a Duke has not said he expected and has not asked anyone to believe in "some super-natural powers" attached to medicines used in psychiatry. This is something you have projected - unsuccessfully and incoherently - onto him.
He was given an opportunity by me to explain his belief in these "healing" abilities in his medication gods which he declined to do even though it is his profession. His belief in his job is attached to faith not any science.

F

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by Executioner Brand
He was given an opportunity by me to explain his belief in these "healing" abilities in his medication gods which he declined to do even though it is his profession. His belief in his job is attached to faith not any science.
You wittering on about some "opportunity" you supposedly gave him doesn't make your false statement true.

c

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Let's say two people simultaneously look at the same wooded area. One sees a ghost. The other does not.

Do you similarly believe that the first individual has valid evidence that ghosts actually exist? Leprechauns? Big foot?
My example with the abstract painting, and how two people can interpret the image differently, should not be compared with ghosts or bigfoot.