1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 21:57
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    His Divine Grace never said this, I believe.

You think it was surprising that Dasa was banned for saying this?
    You have misquoted me Sir.

No doubt it was intentional.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 22:411 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    NO.

You are not qualified to discuss spirituality in anyway whatsoever.

However if you can give me 5 examples of the difference,s between true religion and false relgion I will discuss with you.
    I'm not asking to discuss spirituality. I'm asking for you to present to the forum what his Divine Grace has said about Islam. It's a simple request.
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 04:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm not asking to discuss spirituality. I'm asking for you to present to the forum what his Divine Grace has said about Islam. It's a simple request.
    You have shown without any doubt / that you do not have any interest in spirituality / so I will not waste my time with you.

You did not answer my question and this shows me that you have no clue and are unqualified.
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 06:09
    You have shown without any doubt / that you do not have any interest in spirituality / so I will not waste my time with you.

You did not answer my question and this shows me that you have no clue and are unqualified.
    Whenever you post on this forum, the immediate response indicates that no-one is interested in your lessons on spirituality. Or is 'qualified'.

Yet you carry on.

You have posted on Islam many times. This indicates that you think it is an important spiritual matter.

You have suggested that we follow the teachings of his Divine Grace. More times than I can remember.

You have warned us not to try and learn these teachings from the Internet.

So we ask you to summarise his teachings on Islam.

Funny how now you decide to clam up.
  5. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 06:12

I certainly have not misquoted you.

Would you like me to quote your posts back to you verbatim? I still have them.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 06:201 edit

Dasa 19th Dec 2011: "There can be no peace in this world until false religion is eradicated and true religion established. The most vile excuse for a religion is Islam and it must be banned. [...] The Governments of the world should be pre-emptive and abolish Islam from the face of the earth. To do this ..........force must be used and termination of all Muslims would be the rule. Muslims converting to other religions at the eleventh hour would not be accepted. Muslim children however would be sparred because you can teach them truth and how to be civilized. [...] [Women] would be allowed to prove themselves. [...] Genocide is only applicable when the persons are innocent. Islam is not innocent and is not worthy to exist among civilized people. When their behaviour is lower than the animals they must be dealt with."

In what sense is 'termination of all Muslims would be the rule' not consistent with someone advocating genocide?

Unless you want to retract the statement and apologise. We have asked you to before, but you have refused saying you stand by every word.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 09:15
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    I certainly have not misquoted you.

Would you like me to quote your posts back to you verbatim? I still have them.
    On the 11th October (13:15;19) you have misrepresented my comments to deliberately mislead and slander.

I will not discuss with you because you are not honest.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 09:27

This is nothing but a dodge. By your own definition no one here on this forum is 'qualified' yet you turn up. As for your question, it's nothing but a red herring, a simple deflecting-dodge so you don't have to answer my question.

So again, can you present to the forum what his Divine Grace had to say with respect to Islam please.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 09:461 edit
    On the 11th October (13:15;19) you have misrepresented my comments to deliberately mislead and slander.

I will not discuss with you because you are not honest.
    Do you deny that the above quote is an accurate transcript of a post made by you?

If not, how have I misquoted you, as you claimed?

The only person being dishonest here is you. It was what you wrote. You have not retracted it. All you have ever done is to try and pretend you did not write it.

In fact, I have seen you make repeated posts claiming never to have written this.

Which really is dishonest in the true meaning of the word.

Yet, the post you made is there for all to see. It advocates genocide. Yet still you do not retract it and apologise.

Therefore we must accept that you support the termination of all Muslim males, without exception.

Because, whether you like it or not, that is what you wrote.
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 17:19
    1. A true religion will propound testable truth claims.

2. A true religion will not exempt itself from such testing.

3. A true religion will accept reason (logic) and empirical fact in testing those truth claims.

4. A true religion will reject any prior truth claims if they are shown to be logically unsound/empirically false.

5. A true religion, as a result, will be one whose truth claims (beliefs) have been shown to be, in fact, true.

Truth is not the same thing as meaningfulness—religious myth, metaphor, allegory, etc., may all be meaningful, and the appropriate question in analyzing them is not “Is this true?” but “What does it mean?”. Spirituality (for lack of a better word) is more about meaningfulness, and aesthetics for living (harmony, beauty, serenity, a sense of well-being—as opposed to ill-being), than about facticity. Such a spirituality is existential. One can be spiritual, in this sense, without holding any religious beliefs whatsoever; similarly, one can be deeply religious without touching the spiritual—even if one holds all the “right” beliefs. An atheist—let’s say a secular scientist—can be more spiritual than many religionists. The foundation of spirituality is not belief—it is wonder, awe. Religion (and religious symbol) is either a vehicle to the spiritual, or it devolves to dogma.

Religion can be taught and talked about. Spirituality can only be lived and pointed to (spiritual language is almost always elicitive in nature)—my words here are really just a clumsy attempt at hint and allusion. Religion requires assent to beliefs. Spirituality requires the willingness to be grasped, and stilled, by wonder—words come later, and are always deficient.

Without a word of religion,
    of this or that,
    the hummingbird
    has caught my eye,
    yet she lingers—
    and I no longer hear
    the traffic on the highway.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    1. A true religion will propound testable truth claims.

2. A true religion will not exempt itself from such testing.

3. A true religion will accept reason (logic) and empirical fact in testing those truth claims.

4. A true religion will reject any prior truth claims if they are shown to be logically unsound/empirically false.

5. A true relig ...[text shortened]... ingbird
    has caught my eye,
    yet she lingers—
    and I no longer hear
    the traffic on the highway.
    Your attempt to speculate about what true relgion is foolish and dishonest.

Why do atheists speculate about all things.

This is why your science is defective.

Your science is based on imaginings and speculation / and then you go and print text books and give them to the kids.

This is criminal and cheating.

Edit: and your imaginings of what you think true relgion is / is wrong.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 22:431 edit

Your science is based on imaginings and speculation / and then you go and print text books and give them to the kids.

I wasn't speculating. EDIT: Nor was I imagining.

If you knew about spirituality, you would show it. You know about (your) religion, and you preach. That's all.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    24 Aug '13 23:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Can you tell the forum what his Divine Grace has/had to say about Islam please Dasa?
    This seems to be pretty fair compendium, by the way:

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/islam.htm
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Aug '13 15:40
    Originally posted by vistesd
    This seems to be pretty fair compendium, by the way:

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/islam.htm
    Thanks, I'd seen that before. I'm trying to see if Dasa will admit that his own views don't tally with those of his Divine Grace. Looks unlikely so far. 🙂
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Aug '13 02:38

Atheists do not even believe in true religion. All religion is false religion to them. They will not admit that evilution is a religious belief or that atheism is a religious belief. So you need to take a new approach if you wish to convert them. They have hardened their hearts so much that it seems to be a near impossible task. All I can do is tell them the truth. I can't force them to believe. You don't help those efforts by attacking me.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree