Defining a Christian Identity

Defining a Christian Identity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Regardless of where it came from. It agrees with every other thing I know about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and about the beliefs of Muslims and Jews. Islam is a religion based on lies and deception so it is no wonder that their leaders in the Palestinian Authority are doing the same today.

F

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Regardless of where it came from. It agrees with every other thing I know about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and about the beliefs of Muslims and Jews. Islam is a religion based on lies and deception so it is no wonder that their leaders in the Palestinian Authority are doing the same today.
Islam holds Jesus as a prohet. Judaism denies Jesus as Messiah altogether. Who holds the truth in this regard?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Islam holds Jesus as a prohet. Judaism denies Jesus as Messiah altogether. Who holds the truth in this regard?
Neither

D

Moves
01 Mar 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Mar 14
1 edit

Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing;
And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

(Genesis 12:1-3 NASB)

Abram passed through the land as far as the site of Shechem, to the oak of Moreh. Now the Canaanite was then in the land. The LORD appeared to Abram and said, "To your descendants I will give this land." So he built an altar there to the LORD who had appeared to him. Then he proceeded from there to the mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; and there he built an altar to the Lord and called upon the name of the Lord. Abram journeyed on, continuing toward the Negev.

(Genesis 12:6-9 NASB)

"In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."

Genesis 22:18 NASB

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
02 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Even though I have never visited there I have seen enough news reports on TV and in newspapers to come to the conclusion that I have as to who is mainly at fault.

We have Christians groups visiting Israel every year and they never report back anything bad that the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians. It is always the other way around.
You are talking about AMERICAN TV, aren't you?

Ever watched Al Jazeera, just to broaden your mind, maybe?🙄

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
02 Mar 14

Raj,

For the record: Nothing that i have ever said was intended as a put-down of Duchess.

In fact, I find her posts a breath of fresh air on RHP - well written, eloquent but above all logical and well reasoned.

I am sure we may have differences, but when they emerge they will be dealt with in the same mature manner as so far - without emotional attacks and "put-downs".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Mar 14

Originally posted by CalJust
You are talking about AMERICAN TV, aren't you?

Ever watched Al Jazeera, just to broaden your mind, maybe?🙄
I get DIRECTV, so I have watched Al Jazeera America at times, if that is what you mean. However, I normally watch FOX News as my favorite. They report, you decide.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 14

Raj,

For the record: Nothing that i have ever said was intended as a put-down of Duchess.

In fact, I find her posts a breath of fresh air on RHP - well written, eloquent but above all logical and well reasoned.

I am sure we may have differences, but when they emerge they will be dealt with in the same mature manner as so far - without emotional attacks and "put-downs".
I understand. You are a skilled diplomat. I get it.

She actually got you to do that ?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
02 Mar 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
I understand. You are a skilled diplomat. I get it.

She actually got you to do that ?
I can see now what she meant - you will stick to what you assumed about me even when you are directly informed of the truth.

Quite sad, really. I thought at one stage that your opinions where worth listening to and engaging. No longer.

😕

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
02 Mar 14
3 edits

Originally posted by sonship
I saw no examples. Not your two strongest examples, did I see, certainly.
And I can recall no post written by GrampyBobby which I would consider "gibberish."

And here we have had posters write in less than pristine English who quite reasonably contributed to the discussions. I don't think every poster needs to have a pre-qualifying English grammer examination to participate in the Forum.
Of course you would rush to the defence of your buddy, sonship, and that's fine with me.

Let me enter this "language skills sidetrack" on this thread by saying that grammar and spelling is never the issue. There are many different nationalities on this forum, and such deficiencies are never a problem - or should not be.

However, what IS a problem is LOGIC and the ability and willingness to engage in a normal conversation/debate, even with limited technical knowledge of the language. It is WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY and not in the first place HOW.

As I said before, GB and RJH are more slippery than an eel in jam. Whenever you pin them down, they quote a bible verse (mostly completely out of context) or change the subject. Their debating ability is at the level of a primary school child. The fact that RJH calls himself the "moron instructor" shows that he doesn't even understand what that means, and the joke is on him!

For the record, English is also not my first language, but my third. My home language is German and my second language Afrikaans. But i try to do my best in English, and at the very least to make sense.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Mar 14

Of course you would rush to the defence of your buddy, sonship, and that's fine with me.

Let me enter this "language skills sidetrack" on this thread by saying that grammar and spelling is never the issue. There are many different nationalities on this forum, and such deficiencies are never a problem - or should not be.

However, what IS a problem is L ...[text shortened]... ond language Afrikaans. But i try to do my best in English, and at the very least to make sense.
You are using my name in vain.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Mar 14
3 edits

I can see now what she meant - you will stick to what you assumed about me even when you are directly informed of the truth.

Quite sad, really. I thought at one stage that your opinions where worth listening to and engaging. No longer.

😕
I think what is sad is that many here think they are in a popularity contest.
Some are here to talk up themselves and boast.
Some to vent personal issues.
Thats the sad part of these forums.

What you think of me and my opinions is really a nonissue.

Oh .. by the way if you are still at the stage in your life when you admire this :

well written, eloquent but above all logical and well reasoned.

then you have a way to go before you admire :

truth

Because you can have all the well written, eloquent but above all logical and well reasoned but its still all lies and garbage.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
02 Mar 14

What you think of me and my opinions is really a nonissue.

Because you can have all the well written, eloquent but above all logical and well reasoned but its still all lies and garbage.
Sure, what anybody thinks of anybody is, in fact, a nonissue.

However, because all we know about each other on RHP is what we write, that is the basis on which opinions are formed. And those opinions influence how we react to each others posts in future.

As far as your other comment is concerned: TRUTH, just like beauty, lies in the eyes of the beholder. You can shout as much as you like that THIS IS THE TRUTH! and you still won't convince anybody unless you can back it up in some way...

F

Moves
02 Mar 14
1 edit

Neither
Who is the chosen people by god himself?

Christians?
Jews?
Muslims?

Those who accepts Jesus as the son of god?
Those who see Jesus as their great prophet?
Those who deny Jesus altogether?