Defining a Christian Identity

Defining a Christian Identity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Mar 14
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I saw no examples. Not your two strongest examples, did I see, certainly.
And I can recall no post written by GrampyBobby which I would consider "gibberish."

And here we have had posters write in less than pristine English who quite reasonably contributed to the discussions. I don't think every poster needs to have a pre-qualifying English grammer examination to participate in the Forum.

There is not even a Forum requirement that we can only write in English. We have had at least one Indian poster whose English was not too good. I think we could still understand him. ( I am referring to one Hindu gentlemen Dasa ).

If you come on like "everybody has to write like me" it will carry a certain snobbish air to it.

Besides, as long as he don't use no double negatives, he's alright.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by sonship
I saw no examples. Not your two strongest examples, did I see, certainly.
And I can recall no post written by GrampyBobby which I would consider "gibberish."

And here we have had posters write in less than pristine English who quite reasonably contributed to the discussions. I don't think every poster needs to have a pre-qualifying English grammer ex ...[text shortened]... ain snobbish air to it.

Besides, as long as he don't use no double negatives, he's alright.
Another diplomat. You guys should be in the UN... 🙂

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

Duchess, I believe that there is a real chance that Raj simply misunderstood me - no malice intended.

Let me get back to your points.

Firstly, there is nothing that you said that i disagree with. I have visited Israel about 8 times between 1993 and 1998. I have met very senior people, including military officers and politicians. Sometimes at cocktail parties people do let their guard down.

The spectrum of opinion is clearly as wide as you say. And some of the moderate people in authority are highly embarrassed by the comments of the religious right, some of whom you quoted. Unfortunately, the latter is often a key partner in the governing coalition. (Not sure what the current situation is, I have lost track).

On the Arab side there are certainly also moderates, but i found fewer there than across the border. Maybe it is because they are the ones that have been victimised, and have more to gain and nothing to lose.

IMHO it is likely that Jerusalem will remain the key stumbling block, because no matter how much land Israel returns, they will never abandon Jerusalem, and the Arabs will accept nothing less. Dividing the city, and joint capital? I don't think so.

What i am basically saying is that as far as i can see, there is no solution in sight. Both sides have strong arguments on their side, and there are deeply entrenched positions. Again, the only hope I see is for a mediator who has the emphatic trust of both sides, and there is nobody like that in the wings. It can certainly NOT be an American! (I have heard the argument that this person would be the Antichrist, making peace in the ME and then waging war from Jerusalem against Christians. That is a particular view of a subset of Christian Fundamentalists.)

May we all work for peace and compassion.

CJ

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by CalJust
Duchess, I believe that there is a real chance that Raj simply misunderstood me - no malice intended.

Firstly, there is nothing that you said that i disagree with. I have visited Israel about 8 times between 1993 and 1998. I have met very senior people, including military officers and politicians. Sometimes at cocktail p ...[text shortened]... ew of a subset of Christian Fundamentalists.)

CJ
For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

(1 Thessalonians 5:3 NKJV)

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.

(1 Thessalonians 5:3 NKJV)[/b]
Jesus said: Peace be with you!

Jesus also said: Be not afraid!

Find the references yourself.

😠

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by CalJust

Firstly, there is nothing that you said that i disagree with. I have visited Israel about 8 times between 1993 and 1998. I have met very senior people, including military officers and politicians. Sometimes at cocktail p ...[text shortened]... ew of a subset of Christian Fundamentalists.)

CJ
I've been there twice 2008 and 2010, and while there I was on a business
trip and my Jewish counter parts favorite dinning areas were Palestine owned
and there was never any malice when speaking about anyone. I was a little
surprised at the no big deal tone when they spoke about having to go into
shelters when the missiles were landing around them.
Kelly

D

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

D

Moves
01 Mar 14

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Thats it? Im insulted. I was expecting some more analysis and more about your abilities, qualifications and experience. I guess Im not that important. 🙁
You trod on extremely thin ice here.

At least she's not demanding that others follow some rules while being guilty of not following other, equally important, rules.

D

Moves
01 Mar 14
2 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14
1 edit

Because of the American freedom of speech and the press and our adversarial political system, the truth does not take that long to discover.

As long as this situation has been going on between the Arab Palestinians and Israelis, I am sure we have heard both sides of the issue. I have seen many programs on TV in America that had members of both side giving their take on what was happening there.

Even though I have never visited there I have seen enough news reports on TV and in newspapers to come to the conclusion that I have as to who is mainly at fault.

We have Christians groups visiting Israel every year and they never report back anything bad that the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians. It is always the other way around.

D

Moves
01 Mar 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Mar 14

Thousands upon thousands of meetings over nearly two decades have not resolved the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

And while most don't realize it, the animosity between the two peoples didn't start with the Jews.

The Muslim holy book, the Koran, doesn't teach its followers that God made a covenant with the Jewish people and gave them the land of Israel as an eternal inheritance.

In fact, the Koran often contradicts the Bible. Just one example is the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, which marks Abraham's alleged sacrifice of Ishmael -- the patriarch's eldest son by Sarah's Egyptian handmaiden, Hagar.

The Bible says God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, not Ishmael (see Genesis 22), and the covenant is handed down from Abraham to Isaac -- the son of promise -- and to Jacob, whose 12 sons became the 12 tribes of Israel. Islam teaches otherwise.

Bottom line: In Israel, two different peoples with two different belief systems claim the same tiny piece of real estate.

Yet today, Jews are willing to live side-by-side with their Arab neighbors, but the reverse is simply not the case. Few people want to say it, but that's the reality Israelis are still dealing with today.

Even a cursory look into Palestinian Arab culture past and present reveals a mindset that's been handed down over the generations, especially if one can read Arabic or an accurate translation of the media or children's textbooks and television shows, literature, and poetry.

Many Palestinian Arabs -- those in the West Bank (biblical Judea and Samaria) -- and those in the Gaza Strip -- are not looking toward peaceful co-existence with Israelis.

Despite what Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Prime Minister Salam Fayyad or chief negotiator Saeb Erekat would have us believe, that's not what most of them have in mind, based on what they say in Arabic.

The Arab culture -- family, school, mosques, and media -- teaches children to hate their Jewish neighbors. The kids are taught that one day they'll get their land back -- Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Tiberias and Haifa -- from the Jews who stole it.

There's no place for Jews in the future Palestinian state -- other than those willing to live under Islamic rule.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2011/july/the-real-israeli-palestinian-conflict/

D

Moves
01 Mar 14
2 edits

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Mar 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Thousands upon thousands of meetings over nearly two decades have not resolved the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

And while most don't realize it, the animosity between the two peoples didn't start with the Jews.

The Muslim holy book, the Koran, doesn't teach its followers that God made a covenant with the Jewish people and gave them the land of Israel ...[text shortened]... le.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2011/july/the-real-israeli-palestinian-conflict/
The Koran does in fact tell the Muslims that God gave the land of Israel to the Jews [5:20-21]. The problem is that the prophet Mohammed instructed followers to kill Jews and Christians. Many knowledgeable Muslims in positions of authority do not in fact support the Palestinian cause for this reason.