1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 13:201 edit
    @philokalia said
    Of course they are in torment in hell, but it is greatly different than torture because hell is what happens as a result of one's own sin, and torture is something that someone is subjected to by temporal authorities.
    To "torment" is to "torture"; the words are synonymous. To torment someone is to torture them. Your distinction between the words within the context of subjecting someone to eternal suffering, is meaningless and frankly dishonest.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 13:25
    @divegeester said
    To "torment" is to "torture"; the words are synonymous. To torment someone is to torture them. Your distinction between the words within the context of subjecting someone to eternal suffering, is meaningless and frankly dishonest.
    But who is responsible for them going to hell?

They have free will.
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    17 Jan '19 16:45
    @Philokalia

Then there is a severe overhanging threat, which seems to imply coercion. Nowadays we recognise this as an abusive rather than a loving relationship and not free will at all.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:141 edit
    @philokalia said
    But who is responsible for them going to hell?

They have free will.
    Your version of god is responsible. Your god created hell and maintains it for the purposes of torture.

You version of god designed a cosmic framework by which the fate non Christians, I.e. people who are unconvinced of the story telling by the likes of you, sonship, Jospehw and KellyJay...is such that your god will supernaturally keep these non Christians alive in a lake of fire so that their suffering is eternal.

Furthermore YOU personally are responsible. If you truly believe the abominable nonsense of a tyrannical god who tortures his enemies for eternity, then the onus is on the likes of you, sonship, Josephw and KellyJay to get out there and try and prevent as many people as possible from exposure to this monstrous deity ...instead of wasting your time on forum boards such as this.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:37
    Further insight into spiritual warfare, Satanic rulers, Daniel's world altering prayers, major events of human history having spiritual causes, spiritual victory, unseen divine and Satanic forces, the resistance to God's overall plan in Christs kingdom, Israel, and other subjects.

Derek Prince - The Enemies We Face (Part 1-4)
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:39
    @sonship said
    Further insight into spiritual warfare, Satanic rulers, Daniel's world altering prayers, major events of human history having spiritual causes, spiritual victory, unseen divine and Satanic forces, the resistance to God's overall plan in Christs kingdom, Israel, and other subjects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj5xbqqIuE8
    Are you aiming any of this stuff at people in this forum sonship?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:332 edits
    @divegeester said
    Are you aiming any of this stuff at people in this forum sonship?
    I am not sure what you mean by "aiming".

If by "aiming" you mean some destructive, attacking of anyone on the Forum in a personal way, the answer is emphatically NO.

If you mean "sonship, we know you don't like some people here. And to damage them or hurt them or annoy them or otherwise fight them down you are AIMING these videos AT these people" the answer is no.

This series of messages are mainly (and perhaps at this point exclusively) for Christian who understand that our wrestling is not against flesh and blood. It is a spiritual warfare invoving consecration, prayer, and conflict in the spiritual realm over spiritual forces which seek to dominate over the earth.

So it is "aimed" at the spiritually aware Christian.

To the extent that some seeking unbeliever may gain some insight into what the Bible is speaking about, I DO NOT KNOW. It is possible that God may reserves some part of it to speak to her or his heart. Perhaps for the merely curious, it will not mean much. Perhaps to the slightly opened to the Bible's revelation in the hands of a speaker with some spiritual maturity and experience (not just theory), maybe something can benefit them. They can ALWAYS pray a little prayer with what little faith they have and ask God to show them something.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:353 edits
    To the Divegeester's question - "To whom is this video AIMED?" [paraphrase] - cont.

To those who only have lined up ready made ridicule, dismissal, detraction and proud retorts about its irrelevance to modern times, or whatever, they have their prerogative to feel that way out of their natural reaction of the natural mind set on "the things of man".

This kind of attitude will be in some and even increase in strength until the second coming of Christ and the changing of the age.

And if a Christian should feel negatively about the message, I recognize that could be possible. Perhaps it is the wrong time or they are influenced by some thoughts which bias them overly based on something negative somewhere in the way they think about some biblical things. I would urge such to pray and sometimes stop the message and check the Bible verses being explained to "prove all things and hold fast to that which is good."

I will say this. I learned a lot while listening to Part 1. I was humbled by brother Prince as to how much God was able to shine light into my heart through his very laser clear and self controlled and restrained anointed teaching.

Prince is restrained and practical and always willing to inform us what is just his personal opinion and what is more firmly established in the word of God. I like that.

I am eager now to hear the remaining 3 parts to the 4 part lecture.

" Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the stratagems of the Devil;

For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenlies." ( Eph. 4:12,13)

I would recommend that the introduction to the message be listened to for 70 seconds. Then one can decide whether or not they want to proceed.

YouTube

I think the first lecture is called "The Structure of Satan's Kingdom". It is very good.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:52
    @sonship said

If by "aiming" you mean some destructive, attacking of anyone on the Forum in a personal way, the answer is emphatically NO.
    Several times, you called Rajk999's posting "demonic". You had some theological disagreements with him, so you characterized him as demon possessed and his postings as "demonic". Was that "some destructive, attacking of someone on the Forum in a personal way"? Or not? Is anyone here, currently posting, demon possessed? Are divegeester's posts "demonic".
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:57
    @sonship said

If you mean "sonship, we know you don't like some people here. And to damage them or hurt them or annoy them or otherwise fight them down you are AIMING these videos AT these people" the answer is no.
    ...[text shortened]... can ALWAYS pray a little prayer with what little faith they have and ask God to show them something.
    Lol methinks you protest too much. I also think you are lying when you say you are not sure what I mean by “aiming”.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:01
    @sonship said
    So it is "aimed" at the spiritually aware Christian.
    But other than myself, not one single Christian has responded to the content of your OP or subsequent posts. No “spiritually aware Christians” are interested sonship.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:04
    @sonship said
    To the Divegeester's question - "To whom is this video AIMED?" [paraphrase] - cont.

To those who only have lined up ready made ridicule, dismissal, detraction and proud retorts about its irrelevance to modern times, or whatever, they have their prerogative to feel that way out of their natural reaction of the natural mind set on "the things of man".

This kind of a ...[text shortened]... VsCEE

I think the first lecture is called "The Structure of Satan's Kingdom". It is very good.
    Whatever ministry you think it is you have sonship, doesn’t reach me whatsoever. Apart from all the errors, all I see is Jack Wilmore’s ego in your prolific posting. And if the other Christians here were honest they would probably tell you the same thing.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:17
    @divegeester

Thankyou for voicing your honest feeling. I will take it to the Lord in prayer.

Personally, I feel that me in myself am only good for the lake of fire. God has had mercy on me. What motivates me is a feeling that I cannot be alone. The mercy God had on me through Jesus Christ, I simply have to let God do whatever He can in me that others could receive that mercy also.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:30
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Personally, I feel that me in myself am only good for the lake of fire. God has had mercy on me. What motivates me is a feeling that I cannot be alone. The mercy God had on me through Jesus Christ, I simply have to let God do whatever He can in me that others could receive that mercy also.
    Sorry sonship but I really don't read genuine honesty in those words.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:321 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I think if you stop using posts like your demons ones as weapons against your detractors in this forum, you will have made a positive step forward. Just stick with straightforward insults.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree