1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    29 May '07 10:001 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    How could it be otherwise?
    Um, because killing people for engaging in homosexuality is monstrous? You friggin' disgust me.
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    29 May '07 15:35
    At that time and place it was. How could it be otherwise?
    How could it be otherwise???

Do you lack the imagination to entertain the possibility that it might never be morally permissible to kill people on account of their simply voluntarily engaging in consensual homosexual sex?
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    29 May '07 18:49
    The road to Damascus? Saul of Tarsus? The revelation of the mystery?
    You've read Acts?
    I went back and read that portion of Acts again. Christ identified himself to Saul and then sent him to Damascus. He did not sit him down and discuss the Old Testament with him and how he fulfilled various prophesies, nor discuss really anything else. He sent him to someone else to be taught, and he was rather fervent in his subsequent proclamations, but it never says that he was accurate or that "It's Paul that fully explains Christ. And the work of the cross." I don't remember any indication that the Apostles ever warmed up to him or confirmed anything he taught, but I could be mistaken.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    29 May '07 22:02
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    I went back and read that portion of Acts again. Christ identified himself to Saul and then sent him to Damascus. He did not sit him down and discuss the Old Testament with him and how he fulfilled various prophesies, nor discuss really anything else. He sent him to someone else to be taught, and he was rather fervent in his subsequent proclamations, ...[text shortened]... the Apostles ever warmed up to him or confirmed anything he taught, but I could be mistaken.
    One of the interesting things about Paul's conversion and subsequent ministry that we never hear about is that most likelly several years elapsed between his conversion and his going out on the "lecture circuit." Why is this interesting? I think it is interesting that even inspite of his passion and dramatic conversion, he was gaining some perpective. It seems that this time of perspective could be a healthy thing. Just my opinion.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:22
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you are saying the Bible is wrong?
    Are you? Illegitimacy requires that one be born out of wedlock.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:29
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Um, because killing people for engaging in homosexuality is monstrous? You friggin' disgust me.
    Homosexuality is an abomination. And you are an intolerant hypocrite.

Unlike you I am able to make a distinction between the individual and the behavior.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:35

Unlike you I am able to make a distinction between the individual and the behavior.
    How is he an intolerant hypocrit? If, as you say, it is an "abomination", then it seems one really doesn't need to distinguish between the indiviual and the behavior.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:38
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    I went back and read that portion of Acts again. Christ identified himself to Saul and then sent him to Damascus. He did not sit him down and discuss the Old Testament with him and how he fulfilled various prophesies, nor discuss really anything else. He sent him to someone else to be taught, and he was rather fervent in his subsequent proclamations, ...[text shortened]... the Apostles ever warmed up to him or confirmed anything he taught, but I could be mistaken.
    I say this kindly. You are mistaken. If you will make a careful study of Galatians you will discover why. It takes about 10 minutes to read the whole book.

I'm sorry if I don't explain things in more detail, but I can't just sit here and type all day. I like to keep things simple. I hope you don't mind.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:39
    Are you? Illegitimacy requires that one be born out of wedlock.
    Well, technically Mary was in wedlock, but the "Daddy" wasn't.
  10. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:42

I've come into this thread a little late, so forgive my possible misinterpretation of some posts ...

Why do you think homosexuality is an abomination?
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:43
    I say this kindly. You are mistaken. If you will make a careful study of Galatians you will discover why. It takes about 10 minutes to read the whole book.

I'm sorry if I don't explain things in more detail, but I can't just sit here and type all day. I like to keep things simple. I hope you don't mind.
    Then why did you refer me to Acts?
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:45

You have a terrible attitude. Do you realize what the Apostle Paul would give to have such easy access to literally hundreds of thousands of people all over the world by typing in these forums? Here you are worrying about typing all night when he was beaten, imprisoned, shipwrecked, and had his head cut off.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:47
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    One of the interesting things about Paul's conversion and subsequent ministry that we never hear about is that most likelly several years elapsed between his conversion and his going out on the "lecture circuit." Why is this interesting? I think it is interesting that even inspite of his passion and dramatic conversion, he was gaining some perpective. It seems that this time of perspective could be a healthy thing. Just my opinion.
    A healthy thing you think? I won't argue that introspection isn't a healthy thing to do, but Paul was given a "thorn in the flesh", that is, he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him, because of the revelation he had received. To keep him humble.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:49
    A healthy thing you think? I won't argue that introspection isn't a healthy thing to do, but Paul was given a "thorn in the flesh", that is, he was given a messenger of Satan to buffet him, because of the revelation he had received. To keep him humble.
    Do you have any ideas about what that "thorn in the flesh" might have been?
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 May '07 02:52
    Good night you guys. I have to get up too early in the morning. I was up too late last night doing this.
    I'll try to get back here tomorrow night. But don't hold your breath. Besides, I can't win! 😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree