1. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 May '07 03:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't recall ever comenting on this before but I will answer your question. I am not convinced that being a lesbian necessarily is due to not having a father figure around. Human behavior is hard to discern in terms of its causes. There is an environmental factors, genetic factors, spiritual factors etc. for our behavoir. What I am saying, however, is t ...[text shortened]... ority figure. Both are needed and if absent WILL effect the childrens development in some way.
    Wow, being a father must stink then, if your job is to be an authority figure. Why not have an equal partnership in which both parents have authority and both nurture? Of course in that case it wouldn't matter what gender the parents are.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 May '07 03:54
    Originally posted by pawnhandler
    Wow, being a father must stink then, if your job is to be an authority figure. Why not have an equal partnership in which both parents have authority and both nurture? Of course in that case it wouldn't matter what gender the parents are.
    Well of coarse both nurture and are an authoritarian figure to varying degrees. However, I say that females tend to do a better job in the nurture departement and men tend to be better authoritatian figures. Are you saying that there are not difference between men and women in terms of how they may relate differently to their offspring?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 May '07 04:051 edit
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    On the other hand, socio-economic factors are probably a far better indicator of how the child will turn out. If that is, indeed, the case, shouldn't we be more concerned about the welfare system than worrying about two lesbians having a baby between them?
    Perhaps you have a point, however, I would be more concerned in terms of how the parents were negatively influenced by their socio-economic status in terms of their ability to parent and raise their children. For example, more than likely the parents live in an economically depressed neighborhood and may have to send their children to a subpar public school in which the influence of drugs, violence, sex etc are greater than in more economically affluent schools in addition to recieving a subpar education. Also, it is possible that the parents feel obligated to spend the majority of their time working than spending time with their children thus negatively influencing their effectiveness as a parent. Or perhaps the parents are driven to alcoholism and drugs as a way to cope with being financially disadvantaged. If, on the other hand, the family simply had to live "simple", so to speak, and do without material luxuaries and did not have to send their children to be raised in "hellish" enviornments such as inner city public schools and be able to spend time with their children instead of having to be continually at work then no I would not be as concerned.
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 May '07 04:08
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    has a given birth to a baby boy. What do the conservative Christians on the site think of this?
    who cares?
  5. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 May '07 04:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well of coarse both nurture and are an authoritarian figure to varying degrees. However, I say that females tend to do a better job in the nurture departement and men tend to be better authoritatian figures. Are you saying that there are not difference between men and women in terms of how they may relate differently to their offspring?
    deleted because most of what I said sounds like a bunch of crap
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '07 19:08
    Who is throwing what in God's face? Are you disapproving of this baby in this relationship?
    Anything goes, right? God's plan for the family is antiquated, right? Everything is relative. There are no absolutes. No right or wrong. Right?

I don't know anything about this woman. The issue isn't about someone loving a baby. The issue is about the errosion of the triditional family. You can't see that?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '07 19:09
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    who cares?
    I do!
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 May '07 19:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    I do!
    a lesbo had a baby, whats the big deal?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '07 19:13
    You've been emasculated and effeminated.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 May '07 20:24
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    a lesbo had a baby, whats the big deal?
    This ain't about the baby. Shouldn't Christians see this as an event in which gays should be allowed to marry so as this child doesn't grow up with a bastard identity? This is about family values.
  11. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    27 May '07 20:30
    You've been emasculated and effeminated.
    In an either/or situation, I would much rather my children be happy to see me, come running up to give me a hug, etc., than to be afraid of me and worry about what transgressions I'm likely to punish. Then again, I never respected anyone I feared.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '07 20:43
    This ain't about the baby. Shouldn't Christians see this as an event in which gays should be allowed to marry so as this child doesn't grow up with a bastard identity? This is about family values.
    Nonsense. There are more illegitimate children today than ever.
    This isn't about family values. It's about the systematic dismantling of what's left of family values by those who hate God assisted by those who caved in to the lie.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 May '07 20:50
    In an either/or situation, I would much rather my children be happy to see me, come running up to give me a hug, etc., than to be afraid of me and worry about what transgressions I'm likely to punish. Then again, I never respected anyone I feared.
    Of course. But a man is a man and a woman is a woman. Created and designed to be either masculine or feminine respectively.
    Androgyny is a human invention.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 May '07 21:38
    Nonsense. There are more illegitimate children today than ever.
    This isn't about family values. It's about the systematic dismantling of what's left of family values by those who hate God assisted by those who caved in to the lie.
    Do you think gays hate God?
  15. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    28 May '07 00:17
    Do you think gays hate God?
    It certainly sounds a lot like Joe is bordering on the edge of "God hates lesbians with children" zone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree