1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 07:53
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes, people who claim one race isn't as advanced as another are using
    evolution to promote their hate.
    Kelly
    and i use pepe le pew to prove sexual harassment is cool and ok. does that mean i am right?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is an over generalization and thus untrue. People were making that claim long before Darwin was born. Yes there are people today who do exactly as you say but there are just as many who make the claim on religious grounds and do not bring evolution into it.
    Touch something holy to you did I? Yes, people do a lot of things,
    and have been for as long as people have been! Just because that
    they did bring up those things before Darwin doesn't mean they also
    didn't afterward too with Darwin's work as part of their justification.
    Kelly
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:371 edit
    Touch something holy to you did I?
    No, not at all. I was merely pointing out that people who want to justify racism can always find reasons to justify it. You cannot blame the Theory of evolution for racism nor should you blame religion for racism solely on the grounds that people have used it as an excuse. Religions on the other hand sometimes do have specifically racist teachings.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:45
    No, not at all. I was merely pointing out that people who want to justify racism can always find reasons to justify it. You cannot blame the Theory of evolution for racism nor should you blame religion for racism solely on the grounds that people have used it as an excuse. Religions on the other hand sometimes do have specifically racist teachings.
    People use a prolife stance to justify murder to, it is a people thing!
    People use whatever is handy, it is what people do! People use love
    to get into bed with another person, they use hope to steal money,
    why are you upset I said evolution is used by people to justify their
    morals?
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:482 edits
    morals?
    Kelly
    Religion has killed far more people in the name of religion, than any evolutionist has done in the name of evolution.

You tend to use nonsense argumentation when you are about to lose. You are lost. Just admit it and go on.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 08:57
    morals?
    Kelly
    did you notice the first two sentences rime? very funny.

people use all kinds of things to justify their actions. but ultimately, it is their choices. if they didn't had one thing, they would find another justification. it is what people do. therefore it isn't evolution's fault that some people use it to "prove" white superiority, just as it isn't religion's fault for americans justifying slavery. that is why he and me are upset.

of course you might have misspoke. maybe you just wanted to express that evolution is used for all those things, not that evolution is to blame.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 11:59
    morals?
    Kelly
    I am not upset. Why do you persist in believeing that I am particularly bothered by your comment even after I have denied it?
    I was merely pointing out that your statement was, if taken at face value, untrue as it appeared to be saying that anyone claiming that one race is inferior to another are using the Theory of Evolution, and secondly to comment that even when people do use the Theory of Evolution it is not to blame.
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 12:443 edits
    morals?
    Kelly
    ….I said evolution is used by people to justify their morals
    ..…

Some people use the theory of evolution to justify their ‘morals’ but they do so irrationally because no scientific theory actually has any ‘moral’ implications because science only deals with what is and how and why but NOT what people ‘morally‘ should do. Take evolution; the theory of evolution is ONLY a theory of the origin of the diversity of life -that is all! It says nor implies absolutely nothing about how we should behave nor what is ‘right‘ or ‘wrong‘ in the ‘moral‘ sense!

I have often groaned in despair when I have heard peoples erroneous argument against vegetarianism when they point at their two canine teeth and basically say that we evolved to eat meat therefore we should eat meat -one doesn’t logically follow from the other. Let me put it another way; hypothetically, if it becomes a proven scientific fact that we evolved to be cannibals, does that mean we should commit cannibalism?
    I also groaned in despair when I have heard peoples erroneous argument against the ‘weak’ (which is poorly defined) when they basically say that because evolution works by only the ‘strongest’ surviving (actually, that is a too simplistic view of what happens anyway -it is more complex than that) that we should allow only the ‘strongest’ to survive and never the ’weak’ -again, one doesn’t logically follow from the other. The theory of evolution is often hijacked be people to justify their ‘morals’ but the fact is is that the theory of evolution (and any other scientific theory) has nothing to say about ‘morals’ we should have nor how we should behave (in the ‘moral’ sense of the word “should&rdquo😉.

Therefore, the theory of evolution (and any other scientific theory) is not to blame for (some) people erroneously ‘justifying’ their dubious ‘morals’; the only thing that is blame for (some) people using the theory of evolution (and any other scientific theory) to erroneously ‘justify’ their dubious ‘morals’ is their own illogic. If everybody thought logically then nobody would do that and the world would be a happier friendlier place as a result.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 14:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Religion has killed far more people in the name of religion, than any evolutionist has done in the name of evolution.

You tend to use nonsense argumentation when you are about to lose. You are lost. Just admit it and go on.
    People kill people in the name of religion, religion is just a word we
    use. You really do need to get your head out of the sand and think
    about reality as it is, not as propaganda tells it to you. People do not
    need religion to kill each other, they do it without religion all the time.
    Religion is a powerful force in humanity, so is sex and people kill
    because of that too, you want to ban sex, people kill in the name
    of country you want to abolish countries, people kill for money you
    want to ban money? If you remove religion from the lives of man the
    core of man is still the same, what makes man tick remains and man
    will still find some reason to justify man's actions even if it is killing.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 14:28
    I am not upset. Why do you persist in believeing that I am particularly bothered by your comment even after I have denied it?
    I was merely pointing out that your statement was, if taken at face value, untrue as it appeared to be saying that anyone claiming that one race is inferior to another are using the Theory of Evolution, and secondly to comment that even when people do use the Theory of Evolution it is not to blame.
    Okay, it is not true and when it is true it isn't to blame, I believe I said
    that it was true, because people do it, so we are not that far a part on
    what we think, I guess.
    Kelly
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 14:30
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Some people use the theory of evolution to justify their ‘morals’ but they do so irrationally because no scientific theory actually has any ‘moral’ implications because science only deals with what is and how and why but NOT what people ‘morally‘ should do.
    Religions on the other hand generally do claim to be able to dictate to people what their morals should be. There can also be more subtle messages coming from religions, for example the Jewish religion promotes the concept of a race favored by God and the concept of many things being passed down the generations including blame, rewards etc all of which can lead to racism and other forms of discrimination.
    Also if a religion claims to be a moral authority but does not speak directly against some things such as racism or slavery then it is in some ways supportive of them.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 14:321 edit
    People kill people in the name of religion, religion is just a word we
    use. You really do need to get your head out of the sand and think
    about reality as it is, not as propaganda tells it to you. People do not
    need religion to kill each other, they do it without religion all the time.
    Religion is a powerful force in humanity, so is sex and people kill ...[text shortened]... ins and man
    will still find some reason to justify man's actions even if it is killing.
    Kelly
    Hiding the head in the sand, and this comes from your mouth? How about dinos in the ark, what about you having your head in the sand?

Lastly you said that this is your 'opinion'? Did you find that 'opinion two feet under the ground, did you? "I guess"?

Now tell us more about your precious opinions of yours!
  13. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 15:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Hiding the head in the sand, and this comes from your mouth? How about dinos in the ark, what about you having your head in the sand?

Lastly you said that this is your 'opinion'? Did you find that 'opinion two feet under the ground, did you? "I guess"?

Now tell us more about your precious opinions of yours!
    Or, rather, pls DON"T😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

🙄🙄🙄🙄
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 16:40
    Originally posted by Scriabin
    Or, rather, pls DON"T😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

🙄🙄🙄🙄
    Lame, if you don't like these types of discussions go where they are
    not, simple.
    Kelly
  15. Standard memberScriabin
    Done Asking
    Washington, D.C.
    Moves
    02 Apr '09 20:49
    Lame, if you don't like these types of discussions go where they are
    not, simple.
    Kelly
    wasn't it clear that it isn't the discussion but rather the ones providing input that made a difference?

sorry, it was simply YOUR views I was referring to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree