Did Jesus die a virgin?

Did Jesus die a virgin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jb

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
His only children are spiritual children.
You could be right you know.

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Your ilk: Those who practice passive apostasy at best, outright heresy at worst. Christian baiting, blashpeming persons who hide under a veil of pseuodintellectualism to pose questions without regard to their blashpemous implications or as to whether said questions may be found utterly insulting and foolish. To question the purity of Jesus as you do in ...[text shortened]... recognize yourself in any of these descriptions then there's truly is nothing further to say.
And there was I thinking that blasphemy was in the eye of the beholder.

But if the jist of your post is, "Leave me alone, I can believe what I want to believe," then I think I can do that. You should try doing the same for others, instead of simply spouting your subjective venom.

Anyone out there fancy a discussion?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by Badwater
You are assuming that Jesus was perfectly healthy. You have nothing to back up this claim. Anyone that would claim Jesus was not perfectly healthy also would be engaging in a rich course of conjecture.

What is telling is that you are assuming he needed to sacrifice to take the place of Adam. There is no evidence that is the case, either. It's convenient for your Christological viewpoint, but that is all.
First you have to understand that Jesus's death was a ransome for all humans to have the chance to gain back what Adam lost for us, which was the chance to live on this earth as was meant by God when he created Adam and Eve. They were meant to live forever in a paradise earth and with no health problems. Right?
Adam lost this and as an equal ransome was needed Jesus would also have to be perfect in flesh.
Example: If I stole 1 million dollars from you and I had to pay it back, what amount should I pay back to settle the debt? 1million?
Or if I kidnaped your son or daughter, what would you want back to settle this? Your son or daughter I would hope.
So in God's eyes and with his justice which the Bible calls "exacting" the only thing that would settle what Adam lost would be an equal ransome, a perfect human for a perfect human. This is the only way it could happen otherwise the ransome or Jesus's death would be lacking.

d

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
First you have to understand that Jesus's death was a ransome for all humans to have the chance to gain back what Adam lost for us, which was the chance to live on this earth as was meant by God when he created Adam and Eve. They were meant to live forever in a paradise earth and with no health problems. Right?
Adam lost this and as an equal ransome wa ...[text shortened]... is is the only way it could happen otherwise the ransome or Jesus's death would be lacking.
"They were meant to live forever in a paradise earth and with no health problems. Right?"

No they were going to be transferred to Heaven eventually.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 09

"They were meant to live forever in a paradise earth and with no health problems. Right?"

No they were going to be transferred to Heaven eventually.
Daniel..Where in the world do you get that? No where in the Bible is anything like that said. Show me....

d

Moves
04 Aug 09

Daniel..Where in the world do you get that? No where in the Bible is anything like that said. Show me....
Genesis, Chapter 3, Verse 22; "And He said; Behold Adam is become as one of us, knowing good and evil; now therefore, lest perhaps he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever". So therefore he wasn't supposed to live forever on Earth.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Aug 09

Genesis, Chapter 3, Verse 22; "And He said; Behold Adam is become as one of us, knowing good and evil; now therefore, lest perhaps he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever". So therefore he wasn't supposed to live forever on Earth.
Daniel. There were two trees in the Garden of Eden. The tree that God told them not to eat from and the tree of life. The tree of life was no doubt one that at some time in the future Adam, Eve and many others could have eaten from once they would had proved their loyalty to God. When and how long into the future that would happen, only God knows.
But it was a tree that if Adam & Eve had gotten to it and eaten of it's fruit, they would have lived forever and that is something that God could not now allow. That is what is being said in this scripture.
If Adam and Eve had not disobeyed God and not eaten on the tree of good and bad, they would still be alive today.
So that tree was real and that's why God stationed the two angels in front of it. To keep the two of them from eating from the tree.

c

Moves
06 Aug 09

I happen to know for a fact that Jesus was in a Tantric relationship with mary Magdalene and that his true teachings have been systematically destoyed or buried deep in the Vatican archives.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Aug 09

Originally posted by clearlight
I happen to know for a fact that Jesus was in a Tantric relationship with mary Magdalene and that his true teachings have been systematically destoyed or buried deep in the Vatican archives.
Ahh! now that sheds some light on the subject!

d

Moves
07 Aug 09

Daniel. There were two trees in the Garden of Eden. The tree that God told them not to eat from and the tree of life. The tree of life was no doubt one that at some time in the future Adam, Eve and many others could have eaten from once they would had proved their loyalty to God. When and how long into the future that would happen, only God knows.
But ...[text shortened]... od stationed the two angels in front of it. To keep the two of them from eating from the tree.
"You can eat of ANY tree, excpet of the tree of good and evil".

God forbid it.

No that's why there's death today.

Alive today in Heaven.😀

c

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Ahh! now that sheds some light on the subject!
I know for a fact because I am the reincarnation of Jesus and I tell you I used to give MM one every night for a number of years. Now you know I expect abit more respect around here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by clearlight
I know for a fact because I am the reincarnation of Jesus and I tell you I used to give MM one every night for a number of years. Now you know I expect abit more respect around here.
🙂

c

Moves
08 Aug 09

Twice on Sundays

Moves
08 Aug 09

Adam lost this and as an equal ransome wa ...[text shortened]... is is the only way it could happen otherwise the ransome or Jesus's death would be lacking.
I understand that Christology. It should be abundantly clear that I do not subscribe to it.

F

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by FMF
Was Jesus a virgin? And what impact would it have on 21stC spirituality if he were not?
If Jesus had sex with someone during his life - then the pope really missed something that Jesus did but not he.
If Jesus didn't have sex with a woman during his lifetime, he was quite abnormal or asexual. 30 years old not even had w-nked? I don't htink so.
Or he sought himself to boys of his own age. 12 male friends, and... well, think a bit?

No, I think Jesus was a quite normal boy, despite the fact that he lived with his mum until he turned 30.