1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 17:26
    Was Jesus a virgin? And what impact would it have on 21stC spirituality if he were not?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 17:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    Was Jesus a virgin? And what impact would it have on 21stC spirituality if he were not?
    Yes he was and the last question isn't one that could be answered because he had to be a virgin to fulfill prophesy.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 18:01
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes he was and the last question isn't one that could be answered because he had to be a virgin to fulfill prophesy.
    Circular logic?
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 18:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course he died a virgin, he had no hymen! How would it be proven one way or the other regardless? I believe you mean chaste. You sound like the misinformed who talk about male menopause! No menses, no menopause. No hymen to break then always a virgin.

Why are you so interested in spirituality, anyway? Or is this just another of your usual attempts at disproving the validity of religion in general, Christianity in particular? Morality is not defined by sexual behavior alone at any rate. There are immoral sexual acts committed even by those who claim chastity/virginity and goodness in those who are not chaste/virgins. Even the chemically/physically castrated continue committing grave sexual acts against children, for example. Therefore, human behavior transcends superficial misperceptions of allged sexual virtue from the chastity standpoint or morality tied to sexual behavior alone. Jesus' sexual behavior is unkown, but to God.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 19:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Of course he died a virgin, he had no hymen! How would it be proven one way or the other regardless? I believe you mean chaste. You sound like the misinformed who talk about male menopause! No menses, no menopause. No hymen to break then always a virgin.

Why are you so interested in spirituality, anyway? Or is this just another of your usual attempts ...[text shortened]... dpoint or morality tied to sexual behavior alone. Jesus' sexual behavior is unkown, but to God.
    I thought when there was no hymen present it meant she was NOT a virgin...
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 20:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Jesus is male!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 21:05
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That's my whole point. Jesus was male, so virginity is a stupid thing to bring up. Males are chaste, females are virginal.
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 23:05
    Ok, I'll point out the obvious truth: I don't know, and neither does anyone else.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 23:34
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Circular logic?
    No. Just the truth.

One needs to know the truth to see reality, otherwise everything looks like circular logic.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Jul '09 23:35
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Ok, I'll point out the obvious truth: I don't know, and neither does anyone else.
    God does, and if you believe Him, so will you.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:06
    I dont think it matters too much.His massage is the same whether he was a virgin or not.
    It might matter to christians ,who put him up on a pedastal. but to someone like me it would actually reinforce his genuineness more to know he was a real person with a real sex life.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I dont think it matters too much.His massage is the same whether he was a virgin or not.
    It might matter to christians ,who put him up on a pedastal. but to someone like me it would actually reinforce his genuineness more to know he was a real person with a real sex life.
    Well, Jesus was never married so he didn't have sex that way and if he did have sex then it would have been fornication..Right? What were the Bible's laws on that?
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    So only sex provides affirmation as a person and makes you real? Huh? I guess genuineness only comes through copulation, according to you? The only truth you espouse is the message bearing truth regardless.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 00:46
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I believe you mean chaste. You sound like the misinformed who talk about male menopause! No menses, no menopause. No hymen to break then always a virgin.
    No. I meant virgin. And no I am not misinformed.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '09 01:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. I meant virgin. And no I am not misinformed.
    You are misinformed. The term virginity does not apply to males, ever!
    You probably then think men can also be menopausal? Ever heard of climacterium? Brush up on biology a bit!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree