1. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 15:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Take evolution for example. Correct me if I'm wrong but the oldest text books on evolution goes back around 200/250 years ago. Why is it that we only have historical books ageing 3000 B.C and not earlier than that. By evolution we should have had text books ageing thousands and thousands of years. This earth should have been full of fossils everywher ...[text shortened]... commercial transactions, as a consequence, no one wrote anything down for almost 100,000 years.
    Heck, judging from the posts at this site, humans (for the most part) are still not writing anything intelligent.
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 16:182 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Historical text books is where it all begins.

The oldest ones apparently date back to around 3000 B.C. These books are proof that God does exist and are the oldest books for any type of religion. ....
    Incorrect, if you mean Biblical writings. Do your homework before you post errant factoids such as this. They are not the oldest books for any type of religion and there are no Biblical documents today that are 5,000 years old.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 17:12
    If God showed himself to humans and proved he existed, how would humans react?
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '09 19:07
    According to some Christologies, that has already happened and humans killed God. Humans = 1, God = 0.

God raises from the dead and says I'm coming back sucka and fixing the place! Still hasn't happened, score remains the same.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:20
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you suggesting the older the text is the more valid it is?

If you think Christianity was the first religion, then you really don't have a clue what your talking about.
    Who ever said I said it is valid? Don't put words in my mouth I never said. Read my post again, don't make assumptions.
  6. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:22
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Heck, judging from the posts at this site, humans (for the most part) are still not writing anything intelligent.
    By this you mean the people who wrote the evolution fairy tale hey? Sure, I agree.
  7. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:33
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Incorrect, if you mean Biblical writings. Do your homework before you post errant factoids such as this. They are not the oldest books for any type of religion and there are no Biblical documents today that are 5,000 years old.
    Please READ what is typed. You're making your own assumptions on what I wrote. Part of my post clearly reads "The oldest ones apparently date back to around 3000 B.C." I never said it's FACT and said it apparently dates back 3000B.C. Even though I can't prove it, I believe it is true.
  8. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Probably the way badwater acts. They want to battle it out and see if they can win humans=2 and God=0. A bit childish of someone who can write big words like "factoids".
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 06:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Take evolution for example. Correct me if I'm wrong but the oldest text books on evolution goes back around 200/250 years ago. Why is it that we only have historical books ageing 3000 B.C and not earlier than that. By evolution we should have had text books ageing thousands and thousands of years. This earth should have been full of fossils everywher ...[text shortened]... commercial transactions, as a consequence, no one wrote anything down for almost 100,000 years.
    Well isn't that dumb? I mean, were you there 100000 years ago to know this for a fact or do you believe the text written in the evolution books? Oops sorry, dumb question. If the world is 4.6 billion years old, you're telling me that people did not need to write things down, especially for a period of almost 100000 years. So when did these people that existed found the need to record any information?

Come on? Seriously? It doesn't make any sense. Someone had to write it down "that for 100000 years we did need to record information". If over 100000 years no one made any notes on this, how can you prove this was even closely true? Makes you think hey?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 07:06
    Well isn't that dumb? I mean, were you there 100000 years ago to know this for a fact or do you believe the text written in the evolution books? Oops sorry, dumb question. If the world is 4.6 billion years old, you're telling me that people did not need to write things down, especially for a period of almost 100000 years. So when did these people that exist ...[text shortened]... made any notes on this, how can you prove this was even closely true? Makes you think hey?
    You don't believe in evolution because noone was there witnessed it?
    And yet you believe blindly in the creation, even though noone was there before Adam?

Now look here who's dumb...
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 07:141 edit
    Well isn't that dumb? I mean, were you there 100000 years ago to know this for a fact or do you believe the text written in the evolution books? Oops sorry, dumb question. If the world is 4.6 billion years old, you're telling me that people did not need to write things down, especially for a period of almost 100000 years. So when did these people that exist made any notes on this, how can you prove this was even closely true? Makes you think hey?
    so the reason you are dismissing the earth being 4.6 billions of years is because nobody gave any written records since then?

write when? when the earth was an amorphous blob of super heated star leftovers? when it didn't have any oceans? how about when the biggest creature was a virus?

humans have a less than 100000 year history. and only when they settled down and became farmers did they find the need to record things. as in written. the paintings in the caves are much older than that.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 07:16
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    this is my first rec'd in i dunno how many months.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 07:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well presumably all of you theists that claim to already know that he exists would not react at all as nothing would have changed.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 10:35
    Please READ what is typed. You're making your own assumptions on what I wrote. Part of my post clearly reads "The oldest ones apparently date back to around 3000 B.C." I never said it's FACT and said it apparently dates back 3000B.C. Even though I can't prove it, I believe it is true.
    I think we have found a replacement for daniel58.

Are you for real or is this a wind up?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 10:43
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I think we have found a replacement for daniel58.

Are you for real or is this a wind up?
    why haven't you considered the carrobie for that role? or is he his own category of zealot?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree