1. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 14:44
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I am really thankful that you are not in a position of authority. Where did god (if it exists) come from? The usual answer of theists is that god was always here. But, if god could have always been here, why can't the universe have always been here. Or the other side of the coin, if everything requires a beginning, what was responsible for the beginning of god?
    If it exists?? Come on, I am not talking to a child, or am I? Glad you ain't in a position of authority too for that remark. DARN.

Evolutionist claims that everything that came in to existence as it is today, came from nothing. Now what does that mean? Its not a tricky question, its a stupid statement.

I dont know where God came from, I just believe the word of God and that He truly is the Creator and if I die someday and God does not exist, then so be it. At least I had something to live for, to die for. Its my choice.
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 14:52
    Originally posted by ua41
    Nicksten, why would we have billions of billions of fossils? We're lucky to even have them and preserved. It's not exactly an easy process, considering life is biodegradable.

And why would we have higher technology? You have start somewhere and we're progressing towards greater technology. I mean, relatively speaking (evolution wise) we just hopped out of th ...[text shortened]... rees for goodness sake. I don't see why there's a specific timeline for rate of technology.
    If people and animals were on earth for billions of years, it is only logic that there would have been plenty of fossils. I understand that it isn't an easy process and there is stuff far beyond my thinking, but this is logic.

By looking at how the technology industry boosted over the last 20 years, why only now? Why not thousands of years ago did technology boost and gone over the roof? It just doesnt make sense to me. I agree that a lot of stuff is still evolving, but humans live on technology, we depend on technology, why wasnt most of it there years and years ago?
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 14:57
    Evolutionist claims that everything that came in to existence as it is today, came from nothing. Now what does that mean? Its not a tricky question, its a stupid statement.
    The theory of evolution makes no such claim.

The rest of your post is based on assumptions with less evidence than evolution! I prefer to base my life on facts, and when something is unknown, I will weigh it accordingly.🙂
  4. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 21:24
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    If people and animals were on earth for billions of years, it is only logic that there would have been plenty of fossils. I understand that it isn't an easy process and there is stuff far beyond my thinking, but this is logic.

By looking at how the technology industry boosted over the last 20 years, why only now? Why not thousands of years ago did techno ...[text shortened]... ns live on technology, we depend on technology, why wasnt most of it there years and years ago?
    Well, nevermind then. I guess that is logic
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 21:37
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    If it exists?? Come on, I am not talking to a child, or am I? Glad you ain't in a position of authority too for that remark. DARN.

I dont know where God came from, I just believe ...[text shortened]... does not exist, then so be it. At least I had something to live for, to die for. Its my choice.
    Here is the definition of evolution.

In biology, evolution is change in the genetic material of a population of organisms through successive generations.

I'm not sure what you think the theory of evolution is, but it's clear you don't really know what you're talking about.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 00:24
    If god is so powerful, why can't we verify his existence directly. Everyone who believes in god today is taking other peoples' word(s) for it. Given that people often are in error reporting on current events, why should we believe people from 2000 or more years ago especially when it is likely many were acting in there own self interest.

Your own bias is preventing you from seeing the obvious.

God's power is directly seen in all that exists. How can one look into the night sky and not say to himself, "how did all this come into existence"?

The answer doesn't come from man.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 01:55
    Originally posted by josephw
    If god is so powerful, why can't we verify his existence directly. Everyone who believes in god today is taking other peoples' word(s) for it. Given that people often are in error reporting on current events, why should we believe people from 2000 or more years ago especially when it is likely many were acting in there own self ...[text shortened]... to himself, "how did all this come into existence"?

The answer doesn't come from man.
    How can one look into the night sky and think there is no life on other planets?
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 12:381 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How can one look into the night sky and think there is no life on other planets?
    The existence of the universe is the evidence for a creator.

The existence of the universe isn't evidence for life on other planets. That's just speculation.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 12:53

The existence of the universe isn't evidence for life on other planets. That's just speculation.
    What? I'm speculating and you're not? What are you basing that on?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:22
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    What? I'm speculating and you're not? What are you basing that on?
    What are you basing that on?

God's Word.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:261 edit

The existence of the universe is the evidence for a creator

Mangala?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:50
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]The existence of the universe is the evidence for a creator

Mangala?[/b]
    No. God.

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:53
    No. God.

Romans 1:20
    [b]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    [/b]
    Which God?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:55
    Which God?
    The one you don't know.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 13:572 edits
    Which God?
    The one who created the creation.

Further details at this point are not necessary.

Like the old song "Somebody bigger than you and I."

A Creator God with eternal power and divine characteristics. That's all Paul is saying at this point.

Modern man tries to hide behind cultural pluralism as an excuse to not recognize a supreme creating God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree