God's Word.[/b]
    Is that like, audible?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:31
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Well, we can only speculate, but no life was found yet. If there is life on other planets I would guess it is good. I surely dont believe life on other planets, and if found, would not be an alien population LOL.
    It doesn't require your belief for it to be true🙂
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 20:33
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    Further details at this point are not necessary.

What will happen in the future to make the details then necessary?!
    ===============================

You know that E=mc2. You know that Einstien showed us that energy and matter were really the same thing. A conversion could be made.

When the ma ...[text shortened]... o you think would be the best candidate for His identity?

I would have to say Jesus Christ.[/b]
    I would have to say me
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 11:49
    Dr. Martin Luther King is your choice.

Okay. but if you asked M.L. King himself guess who he would say ?

Don't even try to argue. King would point to Jesus.

King spoke about his need to be redeemed.
    Jesus spoke that He gave His life that the sinners of the world through His death, might be redeemed.
    Agreed, Dr King would've pointed to Jesus.

But like i stated before, what relevance does all this have to the questions i asked?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 12:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Agreed, Dr King would've pointed to Jesus.

But like i stated before, what relevance does all this have to the questions i asked?
    ==================================
    =========================================

I don't know anymore, maybe no relevance. I'll go back and see what "the question" was.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 12:241 edit
    Do you mean by "the question": When does the details of such a Creator as to identity become important?

Wasn't that when I came into the conversasion? Is that the question?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 12:40
    Joseph posted this statement.

The existence of the universe is the evidence for a creator

Which creator was my question?

Every culture has it's own creation myth, what gives a particular persons view on creation any more authority than any other persons, other than simply saying 'i believe it so'.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 13:542 edits
    Joseph posted this statement.

The existence of the universe is the evidence for a creator

Which creator was my question?

Every culture has it's own creation myth, what gives a particular persons view on creation any more authority than any other persons, other than simply saying 'i believe it so'.
    ==============================
    =================================

Suppose I question your premise?

1.) What do you mean by "every culture"?

2.) Do you really mean every culture?

3.) Why should I presuppose each account can only be "myth" ?

4.) What do you mean by "myth" anyway?

5.) By the same token I could say everybody has his opinion about culture and creation stories. What makes your opinion have more authority than someone else's?

Wow. Skepticism is cool!!
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 14:24
    [b]==============================
    =================================

Suppose I question your premise?

1.) What do you mean by "every culture"?

2.) Do ...[text shortened]... s your opinion have more authority than someone else's?

Wow. Skepticism is cool!![/b]
    I'll rephrase the question.

Throughout history civilisation on this planet has produced countless creation myths, which i will define as 'a supernatural story or explanation that describes the beginnings of humanity, earth, life, and the universe' 1. You as a self declared evangelical Christian accept, believe, put your faith or which ever term you wish to use, into the Biblical account. Now what gives a particular persons view on creation any more authority than any other persons, other than simply saying 'i believe it so'?

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '09 16:042 edits
    I'll rephrase the question.

Throughout history civilisation on this planet has produced countless creation myths, which i will define as 'a supernatural story or explanation that describes the beginnings of humanity, earth, life, and the universe' 1. You as a self declared evangelical Christian accept, believe, put your faith or which ever term ...[text shortened]... her than simply saying 'i believe it so'?

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_myth
    ====================================
    Throughout history civilisation on this planet has produced countless creation myths, which i will define as 'a supernatural story or explanation that describes the beginnings of humanity, earth, life, and the universe' 1. You as a self declared evangelical Christian accept, believe, put your faith or which ever term you wish to use, into the Biblical account. Now what gives a particular persons view on creation any more authority than any other persons, other than simply saying 'i believe it so'?
    ====================================

Interesting website.

Seriously now, your question is not an easy one for me to answer in one reply.
    But for me personally, I would say that I first had to deal with the issue of authority itself.

I mean, for a stretch of time, I did not want to be enfluenced by anyone's authority, no matter who they were. I was going to be the final authority in my life and no one or nothing else.

I did not want any authority whether Vishnu, or Yahweh, or Jesus, or Allah, or one in a thousand other names from Finland, Hawaii, Africa, New Zealand, Japan, or anywhere else.

To me whatever came out of anyone from anywhere, it was all the same. By "all the same" I mean I intended that nothing was going to touch my life to change me.

To deal with the issue of "Whose authority anyway?" I think I first had to be opened to authority itself.

In hindsight, I am concerned that it is fruitless to argue about "Which and Whose authority?" with a person who has an a priori suspicion that authority itself remains undesireable, to be challenged on general principle, or cannot possibly be motivated for one's personal well being.

In other words, if someone is precommitted that NO Creator authority is good, it is probably futile to debate with them WHICH authority should be trusted.

Because "They are all the same to me" really means "I do not intend that my life would be enfluenced by any Creator's authority."

In asking me this question, how do I know that you have not attached special personal terms and conditions upon which you are willing to recognize authority in this area of the creation of the universe?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    31 Dec '09 15:26
    I should clarify myself.

I wasn't looking for a debated or an argument, just interested as to what a theists response to the question might be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree