1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 11:01
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    why haven't you considered the carrobie for that role? or is he his own category of zealot?
    'The Carrobie', is off the chart!! I wouldn't know where to begin?!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 12:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    daniel58 is now but a legend! i wish the master would make an appearance and give us hope! his greatest achievement was stating to Karoly Poly, who was trying to entertain him with the thought that the sky was Buddha's face, in which he retorted that he was glad rocket engines fired through it! Comic genius like that is rarely glimpsed in a lifetime!!
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 13:12
    thats what i thought. he is several shades of insane too many.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 13:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But in your opinion, if there is a God and he can see that so many don't believe he exist, why doesn't he show hinself?
    It did Adam and Eve a world of good, didn't it?
  5. Maryland
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 13:45
    Well, so far, nobody has come forward who has learned of god directly from god.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 18:012 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    daniel58 is now but a legend! i wish the master would make an appearance and give us hope! his greatest achievement was ...[text shortened]... Comic genius like that is rarely glimpsed in a lifetime!!
    robbie has found his new christ...
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 17:57
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If god is so powerful, why can't we verify his existence directly. Everyone who believes in god today is taking other peoples' word(s) for it. Given that people often are in error reporting on current events, why should we believe people from 2000 or more years ago especially when it is likely many were acting in there own self interest.
    I will actually try to answer your question at least for me why I indirectly believe in a god. I see design in the universe. You see a painting but not the artist yet you know an artist painted it. (I know that is simplistic) I can also say some direct knowledge of god although I have never heard god speak to me with a voice. I've prayed to him and have had answers to those prayers. No joke! You would be right to say can I prove god's existence directly I would say no. There will be a day when this will no longer be true. How do we know about anyone that was a historical figure in the past ? Prove to me that Abraham Lincoln lived? Prove to me that the ancients lived? Prove to me that millions of electrons flow through copper wire to provide me with light. I think there is a certain amount of faith that must be exercised to live in this world.

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 18:07
    why haven't you considered the carrobie for that role? or is he his own category of zealot?
    R.C. is in his own category 🙂
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 18:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    daniel58 is now but a legend! i wish the master would make an appearance and give us hope! his greatest achievement was stating to Karoly Poly, who was trying to entertain him with the thought that the sky was Buddha's face, in which he retorted that he was glad rocket engines fired through it! Comic genius like that is rarely glimpsed in a lifetime!!
    Agreed...there is no comparison. Daniel58 was the Kelly Bundy of this forum.

Even in the past, the only one who came close to his comic genius was RBHILL.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 17:55
    I think we have found a replacement for daniel58.

Are you for real or is this a wind up?
    Believe what you want but the facts are facts.
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 18:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You don't believe in evolution because noone was there witnessed it?
    And yet you believe blindly in the creation, even though noone was there before Adam?

Now look here who's dumb...
    We're gonna go around circles here and then you're dumb then I'm dumb. Evolution is a fairy tale. I bet you believe in Santa as well?
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 18:24
    so the reason you are dismissing the earth being 4.6 billions of years is because nobody gave any written records since then?

write when? when the earth was an amorphous blob of super heated star leftovers? when it didn't have any oceans? how about when the biggest creature was a virus?

humans have a less than 100000 year history. and only when they ...[text shortened]... the need to record things. as in written. the paintings in the caves are much older than that.
    First the towns weren't big enough so they decided not to record anything. Now your telling me the need to records stuff was when humans settled down and became farmers they found the need to record things. How comforting. It doesn't make sense - AT ALL!!! Now which one of you is actually thinking he is telling the truth? Come on people. Sit down and think for this for a moment.

I am telling you that if evolution was at all true, there would be two things that would stand out to proof this stupid theory...

1. There would have been billions and billions of fossils
    2. We would have been extremely far in technology (far beyond a nano age)

Now to answer the questions myself...
    1. Some fossils are found maybe daily, and we can not even tell with our technology of today the age of any fossil, not even can our technology even tell the age of a tree.
    2. Our technology is evolving each day, but if you look at what we have achieved in the past few years, it really ain't that much of a wow. We are not even close to nano technology and there has been some claims of people developing stuff claiming its is nano technology, but how would the world really know.

Evolution proofs to be wrong and the big flaw is that it claims that everything came out of nothing - now that really is dumb.

I have just lately watched the DVD series of Dr Kent Hovind - I bet some of the evolutionist will rethink evolution once they have watched is too, he explains it best and really good. Watch it, all of it before you make comments.
  13. Maryland
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 18:58
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    First the towns weren't big enough so they decided not to record anything. Now your telling me the need to records stuff was when humans settled down and became farmers they found the need to record things. How comforting. It doesn't make sense - AT ALL!!! Now which one of you is actually thinking he is telling the truth? Come on people. Sit down and think ...[text shortened]... ed is too, he explains it best and really good. Watch it, all of it before you make comments.
    I am really thankful that you are not in a position of authority. Where did god (if it exists) come from? The usual answer of theists is that god was always here. But, if god could have always been here, why can't the universe have always been here. Or the other side of the coin, if everything requires a beginning, what was responsible for the beginning of god?
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    25 Dec '09 21:48
    Nicksten, why would we have billions of billions of fossils? We're lucky to even have them and preserved. It's not exactly an easy process, considering life is biodegradable.

And why would we have higher technology? You have start somewhere and we're progressing towards greater technology. I mean, relatively speaking (evolution wise) we just hopped out of the trees for goodness sake. I don't see why there's a specific timeline for rate of technology.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Dec '09 13:03
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If god is so powerful, why can't we verify his existence directly. Everyone who believes in god today is taking other peoples' word(s) for it. Given that people often are in error reporting on current events, why should we believe people from 2000 or more years ago especially when it is likely many were acting in there own self interest.
    Your own bias is preventing you from seeing the obvious.

God's power is directly seen in all that exists. How can one look into the night sky and not say to himself, "how did all this come into existence"?

The answer doesn't come from man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree