1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 15:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    The one you don't know.
    I'm sure there are lots i don't know, and lots you don't know either.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 15:13
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The one who created the creation.

Further details at this point are not necessary.

Like the old song [b]"Somebody bigger than you and I."

A Creator God with eternal power and divine characteristics. That's all Paul is saying at this point.

Modern man tries to hide behind cultural pluralism as an excuse to not recognize a supreme creating God.[/b]
    The one who created the creation

Surely not?!

What will happen in the future to make the details then necessary?!

A Creator God with eternal power and divine characteristics.

Mangala?!
  3. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:02
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Here is the definition of evolution.

In biology, evolution is change in the genetic material of a population of organisms through successive generations.

I'm not sure what you think the theory of evolution is, but it's clear you don't really know what you're talking about.
    Trust me, I know enough to make me sick and you're missing the big bang here which is from evolution right? So, uhm, evolution claims that everything came to existence from the big bang which was out of nothing. Go and re-read your books on evolution, it's says it right in there.
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:03
    Originally posted by 667joe
    The theory of evolution makes no such claim.

The rest of your post is based on assumptions with less evidence than evolution! I prefer to base my life on facts, and when something is unknown, I will weigh it accordingly.🙂
    read the above remark...
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How can one look into the night sky and think there is no life on other planets?
    Well, we can only speculate, but no life was found yet. If there is life on other planets I would guess it is good. I surely dont believe life on other planets, and if found, would not be an alien population LOL.
  6. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:21
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Trust me, I know enough to make me sick and you're missing the big bang here which is from evolution right? So, uhm, evolution claims that everything came to existence from the big bang which was out of nothing....
    No, that's exactly what is not being said. You're scientifically conflicted here and confusing astrophysics with biology. Seems that you're the one in need of some remedial science courses.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 16:33
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Trust me, I know enough to make me sick and you're missing the big bang here which is from evolution right? So, uhm, evolution claims that everything came to existence from the big bang which was out of nothing. Go and re-read your books on evolution, it's says it right in there.
    The Big Bang theory is part of the theory of evolution? Dear oh dear, not a great advertisement for the South African education system are you?!

As i said before you really don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you could point out which evolution books you believe mention the Big Bang?!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 17:41
    The Big Bang theory is part of the theory of evolution? Dear oh dear, not a great advertisement for the South African education system are you?!

As i said before you really don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you could point out which evolution books you believe mention the Big Bang?!
    they are all co related my dear Noobster because they advocate a purely material view of the emergence of and the diversification of life, the big bang theory, abiogenesis and Darwinian evolutionary theory. Deny the divine element and you get into all sorts of trouble! 🙂
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 17:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    they are all co related my dear Noobster because they advocate a purely material view of the emergence of and the diversification of life, the big bang theory, abiogenesis and Darwinian evolutionary theory. Deny the divine element and you get into all sorts of trouble! 🙂
    They may all be related to the creationist in their quaint superstitious world, but us evolved beings see things quite differently.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '09 20:38
    They may all be related to the creationist in their quaint superstitious world, but us evolved beings see things quite differently.
    na noo na noo! Mork calling Orson, come in Orson!
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 01:00
    [b]The one who created the creation

Surely not?!

A Creator God with eternal power and divine characteristics.

Mangala?![/b]
    ==============================

===============================

You know that E=mc2. You know that Einstien showed us that energy and matter were really the same thing. A conversion could be made.

When the manifested creative power is manifested as moral power such that a man on earth seems to display the equivalent moral power expressed as converted creative power, I would think at that point, the identity of this Creator becomes important.

The creative power of the invisible Creator is expressed as converted moral power.

In other words perpahs - if this God were to become a man, who in human history do you think would be the best candidate for His identity?

I would have to say Jesus Christ.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 13:36
    [b]==============================

===============================

You know that E=mc2. You know that Einstien showed us that energy and matter were really the same thing. A conversion could be made.

When the ma ...[text shortened]... o you think would be the best candidate for His identity?

I would have to say Jesus Christ.[/b]
    The first line makes perfect sense, the rest is just utter gibberish.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 13:49
    The first line makes perfect sense, the rest is just utter gibberish.
    This final question should be sensible enough for you to answer. I did.

In other words - if this Creator God were to become a man, who in human history do you think would be the best candidate for His identity?

Who in history would exemplify an amount of moral authority that might conceavably match the creative power to produce the universe?

I would say Jesus Christ is the best candidate. And I would say whoever was the second best candidate is no where close to Jesus. Christ is in a class seemingly occupied by Himself alone.

H.G. Wells was an ardent Evolutionist and agnostic as far as I can see. He also was a great writer of science fiction and historical commentary. H.G. Wells said something interesting about Jesus. It was something like, when Jesus opened His mouth His wisdom embraced the whole world.

I think Wells meant the the moral power of the teaching of Jesus was so authoritative as to apply to all mankind.

The E=mc2 stuff was just to use a conversion concept. If creative power could be converted to moral power, I think that moral power would best be manifested in Jesus Christ.

You can submit another candidate if you have one.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 17:21
    This final question should be sensible enough for you to answer. I did.

In other words - if this Creator God were to become a man, who in human history do you think would be the [b]best candidate
    for His identity?

Who in history would exemplify an amount of moral authority that might conceavably match the creative power to produce the univer ...[text shortened]... would best be manifested in Jesus Christ.

You can submit another candidate if you have one.[/b]
    I really don't see what relevance this has to anything i asked.

Who in history would exemplify an amount of moral authority that might conceavably match the creative power to produce the universe?

Dr Martin Luther King.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '09 18:57
    I really don't see what relevance this has to anything i asked.

[b]Who in history would exemplify an amount of moral authority that might conceavably match the creative power to produce the universe?

Dr Martin Luther King.[/b]
    Dr. Martin Luther King is your choice.

Okay. but if you asked M.L. King himself guess who he would say ?

Don't even try to argue. King would point to Jesus.

King spoke about his need to be redeemed.
    Jesus spoke that He gave His life that the sinners of the world through His death, might be redeemed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree